Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/16/2012 8:53:10 AM EDT
I guess you could call it a spoiler, but I am pretty sure nobody here gives a fuck about spoiling this. Last night my ex took our girls to the midnight showing. I guess towards the end it sheds some of the faggotry and gets pretty graphic and brutal. At one point they are ripping off people heads. My 10yr old was crying and cried all the way home. She will probably continue to have nightmare for a few weeks. Even my oldest who is a Walking Dead junkie was shaking when they came out. So, just a heads up if your SO or, God forbid one of you has to take the kids to go see it. The only upside is that it has taken the heat off of me for letting them watch some movies.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:54:08 AM EDT
[#1]
why the hell was a 10 year old going to a movie that starts at midnight before school the next day?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:54:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:55:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Didn't the last movie have some soft core sex scenes and just as graphic scenes of violence?

Why would you take a 10 yearold to that?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:57:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cool.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:57:24 AM EDT
[#6]
So your 10 year old had the same reaction that thousands of boyfriends will have this weekend also.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#7]
That's it!!

I'm boycotting the movie!!!

(Wait. Can you boycott something you don't give a fuck about?)

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#8]
A PG-13 movie about a vampire war upset a 10 year old girl?

No.  Fucking.  Way.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Didn't the last movie have some soft core sex scenes and just as graphic scenes of violence?

Reading IS fundamental.  His EX took the children.  Which is probably why she is an EX.  Spoiling the kids out of guilt.  Poor judgement.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:57:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
why the hell was a 10 year old going to a movie that starts at midnight before school the next day?

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

A valid question.

Also, had neither the OP nor his wife read the books?

ETA - "ex" explains plenty.  Sorry OP, she did it to you again.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:58:30 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

So your 10 year old had the same reaction that thousands of boyfriends will have this weekend also.

minus the inducing seizures part
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I was dragged to it....

It was pretty graphic, but eh, I don't have kids and don't think about that at all.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Reading IS fundamental.  His EX took the children.  Which is probably why she is an EX.  Spoiling the kids out of guilt.  Poor judgement.

My bad OP, burdens on your Ex then.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:00:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Somehow I find this awesome.

You go there expecting twinkling fairy vampire love stories and end up traumatized and scarred for life by sparkling gay vampire decapitations.

SURPRISE!!!
That shits still gay, but now it's funny gay in a mind fuck kinda way.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:00:49 AM EDT
[#16]
PG-13.   13>10.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You go there expecting twinkling fairy vampire love stories and end up traumatized and scarred for life by sparkling gay vampire decapitations.

I'm with you on that one.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:07:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Twilight isn't meant for 10 year olds.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:07:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Aren't these the same questions we asked about the midnight opening of "Dark Knight"?

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:07:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

"Don't tell Mom!!!"

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:09:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:11:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Reminds me of the dumb bitch that brought her <10 y/o kids with her to go see Predators. Yup, Predators.

Also, when The Ring came out there were many parents in there with their kids.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#26]
I saw it last night. Way too much sex and violence for a ten year old. A little more blood and a nipple or two and it would have been R.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:15:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

SURPRISE!!!

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:15:43 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
. Even my oldest who is a Walking Dead junkie was shaking when they came out. .

Can't be worse than The Walking Dead.

Zombie in the well, Rick splitting heads and shit with an axe last week, dead babies, shooting zombie kids in the face, etc....
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SURPRISE!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/lord_of_the_ping/twilight.jpg

did he ever pay his taxes?
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Parents spoiling kids is too common today.  The parents do it out of guilt.  And kids can manipulate that guilt.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#31]
I have nothing whatsoever to say about Twilight, but my youngest son has been watching R rated movies at least since he was 10. Shit like "Hostel" and the clown on a tricycle thing with the death puzzle traps. He deals with horror movies better than I do. So a parent taking a 10 year old to a PG-13 doesn't seem at all odd to me. Midnight on a school night, yeah that's not right.
Gotta know the kid tho. Sounds like the daughter wasn't ready for that. She should have read the book, I suspect. Or maybe exhaustion played a big part, especially if she went to school the day before. That's like a 20 hour day with sensory overload at the end of it. Pretty rough for 10.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Because the mother prob wanted to watch it more then they did so she had to take them with her.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I have nothing whatsoever to say about Twilight, but my youngest son has been watching R rated movies at least since he was 10. Shit like "Hostel" and the clown on a tricycle thing with the death puzzle traps. He deals with horror movies better than I do. So a parent taking a 10 year old to a PG-13 doesn't seem at all odd to me. Midnight on a school night, yeah that's not right.

Gotta know the kid tho. Sounds like the daughter wasn't ready for that. She should have read the book, I suspect. Or maybe exhaustion played a big part, especially if she went to school the day before. That's like a 20 hour day with sensory overload at the end of it. Pretty rough for 10.

Shit..........

Growing up it was John Mcclaine, Rambo, Etc.

One of my first films was Blue Thunder. My mom had two copies. A edited and unedited. I'd watch the edited version first and we would talk about it. After that we would watch the unedited version.....I miss my childhood.

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:24:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Reminds me of the dumb bitch that brought her <10 y/o kids with her to go see Predators. Yup, Predators.

Ninja level parenting there.

Predators may/may not scare a kid but even most adults get creeped out by The Ring. I'm sure everyone enjoyed the kids waking up screaming from nightmares for a week or two afterward.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Oh noes!  I saw Alien, The Thing, Aliens, and Predator as a pre-teen kid,  I even watched them over and over again on VHS.  Then again my parents didn't buy the idea that movies 'traumatized'.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Parents spoiling kids is too common today.  The parents do it out of guilt.  And kids can manipulate that guilt.

Out of Curiosity do you have any kids ? If so, how did you keep them from manipulating the wife / SO / EX ?

I can only control what I do. My wife is a totally different story.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:34:41 AM EDT
[#38]

The Twilight Zone.....

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:40:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SURPRISE!!!

Started a three year prison term in December 2010.  Before that, he did a bunch of shitty direct-to-USA movies, which I assume were to pick up the tab.

Do you know he's only like 5'09"?  That is some creative camera shit right there?

Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh noes!  I saw Alien, The Thing, Aliens, and Predator as a pre-teen kid,  I even watched them over and over again on VHS.  Then again my parents didn't buy the idea that movies 'traumatized'.

Some kids can take it, some can't. I've let my 12 year old watch just about anything other than gratuitous sex since he was 3. Many of his friend's parents won't let their kid watch anything other than G movies. Those kids , even at 11-13 years old, might have problems if you decided to screen Begotten to them during a sleep over. It's all about what they're used to.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I guess you could call it a spoiler, but I am pretty sure nobody here gives a fuck about spoiling this. Last night my ex took our girls to the midnight showing. I guess towards the end it sheds some of the faggotry and gets pretty graphic and brutal. At one point they are ripping off people heads. My 10yr old was crying and cried all the way home. She will probably continue to have nightmare for a few weeks. Even my oldest who is a Walking Dead junkie was shaking when they came out. So, just a heads up if your SO or, God forbid one of you has to take the kids to go see it. The only upside is that it has taken the heat off of me for letting them watch some movies.

could be worse. my local theatre has a twilight marathon. all 4 movies. 511 minutes long !   fuck that !
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 9:56:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SURPRISE!!!

Preach it, brother!
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Shit..........

Growing up it was John Mcclaine, Rambo, Etc.

One of my first films was Blue Thunder. My mom had two copies. A edited and unedited. I'd watch the edited version first and we would talk about it. After that we would watch the unedited version.....I miss my childhood.

Mom talking about movies/TV shows/books/news was more traumatic than any of the crap she wanted to explain.

Apropos of nothing - there was one of those "very special" anti drug shows on when I was a teenager. The whole family had to watch it together (including my perpetually stoned or drunk older sister). Afterwards Mom solemnly asked us to tell her if we ever did drugs. Sister managed to avoid being caught rolling her eyes and said "Of course Mother, I'll tell you right away if I ever try the Devil's Weed"
I laughed and said there's no way in hell I'd tell her.

She even had to watch The Wall when it came out on VHS and discuss it with me. Wow, that was interesting. No, "painful" is the word I'm looking for. "England bravely fought the Nazi's, belittling their accomplishments by comparing them to the very evil they helped destroy is not a good thing for any of us" ... Ok Mom, why don't you go vote for Jimmy Carter again and make sure Dads union dues are paid.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#45]
so...

took a 10 year old to something  Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence including disturbing images, some sensuality and partial nudity

and she actually saw sequences of violence including disturbing images, some sensuality and partial nudity

So you fell the need to warn others....
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SURPRISE!!!

Started a three year prison term in December 2010.  Before that, he did a bunch of shitty direct-to-USA movies, which I assume were to pick up the tab.

Do you know he's only like 5'09"?  That is some creative camera shit right there?

stallone and cruise are only like 5'7".
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#47]
They both like horror movies, my oldest writes a blog ripping poor special effects and wants to make monsters when she gets older, for Hollywood. My youngest loved Zombieland when it came out a few years back, laughed her ass off. Both know the difference between movies and real life. There are plenty of things mom and I don 't let them see, like the saw and hostle series. But I guess it was shocking enough that it really tweeked them. As for her going on a Thursday, they are off track, so no school.

I am not thrilled, mom usually does a pretty good job with them and we censor a lot of stuff from them. But this time she screwed the pooch. Luckily I it cleared me of some of my screw ups in the past.
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 11:16:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Cool story bro
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top