Posted: 8/12/2002 11:17:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a good one..

[url]http://www.co.washoe.nv.us/Parks/regional.htm[/url]

-T.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Just head on down to Vegas, Troy... I'll get you in at my range for free and we've got marked ranges out to 600 yards!

Edited cuz i caint schpell.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Reno has a regional shooting facility 25 miles North of town on Pyramid Hwy. it's easy to find.They have cement benches.And in excess of 500yds.for your target shooting enjoyment.No membership maybe a small charge to shoot.I've only been there once as the folks around me were die hard bench bolt shooters annoyed by my empty that 40 rounder as fast as I can shootin.....hope you have better luck.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Reno has a regional shooting facility 25 miles North of town on Pyramid Hwy. it's easy to find.They have cement benches.And in excess of 500yds.for your target shooting enjoyment.No membership maybe a small charge to shoot.I've only been there once as the folks around me were die hard bench bolt shooters annoyed by my empty that 40 rounder as fast as I can shootin.....hope you have better luck.
View Quote

If you go a few more miles (about 5 or so) north, there is a BLM area that I used to shoot at. All kinds of area to shoot without the bolt action bores giving you the "hairy eye".

I lived there for 9 years. Never liked the ranges much. You can also go out 395 past Lemmon Valley and go north till you hit desert. Lot's of places there. Contact Washoe Sheriff's Dept for more info.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If you go a few more miles (about 5 or so) north, there is a BLM area that I used to shoot at. All kinds of area to shoot without the bolt action bores giving you the "hairy eye".

I lived there for 9 years. Never liked the ranges much. You can also go out 395 past Lemmon Valley and go north till you hit desert. Lot's of places there. Contact Washoe Sheriff's Dept for more info.
View Quote

rtech2 "hairy eye" is the "dead eye" truth.We shoot North of Antelope Valley or a secluded spot North of Stead.Unfortunately these areas are growing quickly and I am dreading the thought of W.C.S.D dispersing us one day
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds good.  Looks like Pyramid Hwy = Hwy 445?  Is there a town, or will I see a sign?  Which side of the road, when heading north?

I don't worry about bolt gun guys.  We'd be sighting in anyway, not blasting.  We'll go out into the boonies for that.  [:)]

I just wanted a good place with 50 & 100-yard ranges to get him sighted in.  He's new to shooting, and needs to get his equipment set up right.

-Troy
View Quote

Troy yes it's on Ste RT./Hwy.445 north.It will be on your left hand side when heading north bound.It's pretty well marked by signs/directions look for the numbered target boards on the range that you can see from the HWY:(drool!!)there is a 500 yd. Gong to shoot at the last time I was there.
Glad your freind is taking a interest in this sport..........Hiwathl
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top