[#6]
You missed:

[b]People still sinned
World ends.[/b]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#8]
It kind of looked like a Billy Joel song.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Holy Mary
Mother Of God
Pray For Us Sinners
Now,
And At The Hour Of Our Death.

Amen.

That's just the Catholic coming out in (not OF, dammit) me.

rock on
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 9:04:37 AM EDT
[#10]
You forgot a few..

" Once upon a time "

Or ....

" In a galaxy far away "
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 9:13:50 AM EDT
[#11]
A true classic...
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#12]

You forgot a few..

" Once upon a time "

Or ....

" In a galaxy far away "
View Quote

Perhaps Stormbringer isn't familiar with it, as it may be on the list of banned books in Canaduh.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 9:59:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey bro - please don't take this personal -

Why would Mary have to pray for us? Was not the work finished on the cross?

How is Mary the "mother of God"? Now that one has me totally perplexed..I'm going cross-eyed here. Is she not the mother of Jesus, who was God in the flesh here on earth. She was the mother of the human body, but God existed before the conception of Jesus. The beginning and the end?
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 10:02:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Can someone tell me if Jesus said, "No one comes to father but through my mother?" Is Mary the way the truth and the life?

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#15]
The Three Chief Symbols or Ecumenical Creeds are the Church's orthodox expressions of "scripture in a nutshell".

Apostle's / Nicene / Athanasian
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 10:16:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Can someone tell me if Jesus said, "No one comes to father but through my mother?" Is Mary the way the truth and the life?

View Quote

John 14:6   Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You forgot a few..

" In a galaxy far away "
View Quote

Storm -

I didn't realize the story of your birth was in the Bible.

[:D]

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
You forgot a few..

" Once upon a time "

Or ....

" In a galaxy far away "
View Quote

Stormbringer,

You and I agree on many issues, however belief
in God is obviously not one of them.

You seem unable resist reading and then posting
negative comments on every thread that has
anything to do with spiritual beliefs.

If you are [u]truly[/u] an atheist as you say
you are, then why is it that you're so drawn
to threads like this one.  Hungry?

Posting remarks like this (as you so often do)
on threads targeted for the members who are
believers, is like dialing your radio to a
Jazz station and then complaining that
they're not playing enough Metalica.

It's just goofy and it make you look like an
idiot.

Personally I don't believe your an idiot, so why
not give us a break. I promise that none of the
Christians, Jews or _____ members are going to
sneak into your soul (yes, I believe you have
one) while your sleeping and try to save you.

I find it a bit ironic that you're so eager to
bash believers for getting all "Christiany",
as you once put it, when it's you that seems
to be the aggressor. Does this mean your getting
all "atheisty"?

It's not that any one of us wouldn't be willing
to try to save you, it's just that you've made
it PAINFULLY aware that you'll have nothing to
do with any of our hocus pocus, fairy tale
God stuff.  So-- we'll leave you alone.
How about extending the same courtesy

Consider yourself rebuked by a jackass.[:D]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok I don't see Mary in any part of my salvation...

Romans 10:9-13
that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for there is no distinction between Jew or Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call upon Him; for WHOEVER WILL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED.

Acts 4:12
"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved."
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey, I was nice!

Perhaps it is unfair, and maybe even rude, but look how often secular posts get religious comments thrown into them.  It's just the reverse of that.

For example, a guy posts a story about a lowlife murderer, and the sentence he is given.  Someone usually throws in a "he'll get his in hell" or "judgement cometh" type of comment.  To an athiest or a less hardcore christian, these comments appear foolish, and are tangents.

I myself often comment on some threads to show members of this board that we are not all cut from the same cloth, even though we share some beliefs.  This is not a christian site.  Does that mean that you can't post religious threads?  No, but it also means that these threads aren't immune from scrutiny and alternate discourse.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#21]
what is a less hardcore Christian?
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:41:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
what is a less hardcore Christian?
View Quote

I see where this is going, but I'll still go there.

It is someone who doesn't believe in the strict interpretation of the bible.  But this person still believes in the Christian god, and that Jesus was his son.  Born again Christians do not acknowledge these people as true Christians.  I do though.  If you believe in the Christian god and that Jesus was his son, then your're a Christian.

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hey, I was nice!

Perhaps it is unfair, and maybe even rude, but look how often secular posts get religious comments thrown into them.  It's just the reverse of that.

For example, a guy posts a story about a lowlife murderer, and the sentence he is given.  Someone usually throws in a "he'll get his in hell" or "judgement cometh" type of comment.  To an athiest or a less hardcore christian, these comments appear foolish, and are tangents.

I myself often comment on some threads to show members of this board that we are not all cut from the same cloth, even though we share some beliefs.  This is not a christian site.  Does that mean that you can't post religious threads?  No, but it also means that these threads aren't immune from scrutiny and alternate discourse.
View Quote

"you'll get yours in hell" and "judgement cometh" for this type of comment.[:D]

I know where your coming from and there is true
in what you say.

Just never understood why people with common
interest in so many other areas (like blowing
crap up[;D]) have to be so brutal to each other
when it come to spiritual issues.

The fact that I'm a believer doesn't mean I wouldn't cover your back, though you're a non-
believer. Quite the contrary.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting. ITGWBP.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Could Jesus make a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

Paper
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Could Jesus make a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

Paper
View Quote

Jesus does not like burrito's. I know because he told me oneday while i was in Taco Bell. He then proceeded with all haste to the restroom.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Im often amused by the insecurity of Christian/religion bashers. Regular Athiests and Agnostics just go about their buisness.

...come to think of it there are also a lot of Christian/religious people who are insecure in their own faiths, so i guess it all balances out in the end.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:26:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Im often amused by the insecurity of Christian/religion bashers. Regular Athiests and Agnostics just go about their buisness.

...come to think of it there are also a lot of Christian/religious people who are insecure in their own faiths, so i guess it all balances out in the end.
View Quote

That is, Sir, simply Bullsh|t. Pure and simple.

No so-called 'Christian' thread can be safe from you atheists and agnostics chiming in!

Isn't that so? Don't lie to the Preaching Hun, Son! It'll go the worse for you! [:D]

You want your own threads safe and sound from any Christian taint, but you have no problem coming into ours and tinkling to your heart's desire!

Now, just [u]who[/u] is it that's insecure in their own beliefs???

[b]BwaHaHaHaHaHaHa![/b] [:D]

Eric The(Heh-Heh)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:39:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
 If you believe in the Christian god and that Jesus was his son, then your're a Christian.

View Quote

To be honest, demons believe there is a God and Jesus is his son. Does that make them Christians?
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I just chime in on these things for the fun of it.  I think the evangelists like the arguments.  I know I do.  Evangelizing is, after all, a tenet of some (if not most) of the Christian religions, so they aren't really interested in "preaching only to the choir."
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, [b]KBaker[/b], you do visit these threads often, but your comments are not the 'bitchin' pizzin' and moanin' rants that typify the posts of most atheists and agnostics!

The one you just made proves my point! [:D]

Eric The(Sensible)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

That is, Sir, simply Bullsh|t. Pure and simple.

No so-called 'Christian' thread can be safe from you atheists and agnostics chiming in!

Isn't that so? Don't lie to the Preaching Hun, Son! It'll go the worse for you! [:D]

You want your own threads safe and sound from any Christian taint, but you have no problem coming into ours and tinkling to your heart's desire!

Now, just [u]who[/u] is it that's insecure in their own beliefs???

[b]BwaHaHaHaHaHaHa![/b] [:D]

Eric The(Heh-Heh)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Insecure? maybe, maybe not, but definetly misunderstood. Did i say anything that was anti-christian here?

By all means, please, please taint my threads with Gods wisdom. He commands you to spread the Gospel!

Lib-who knows God has a twisted sense of humor. He did make women and Platypusses after all.[;P]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#33]
You know, [b]Libertoon[/b], now that you mention it, I did completely miread your post, as I thought the first sentence lumped both Christian and religion basher together.

Now that you've pointed it out, I stand corrected, and I agree with your post wholeheartedly!

My mistake!

Eric The(Sorry!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:35:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Man, I wish the Bible WERE only 50 words.  The TV evangelists would probably still misinterpret it, but it would be more difficult for them.  And their shows would be shorter.  That translates into fewer commercials for "Send Me Money" and less chances for their toupees to fall off. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:40:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
You know, [b]Libertoon[/b], now that you mention it, I did completely miread your post, as I thought the first sentence lumped both Christian and religion basher together.

Now that you've pointed it out, I stand corrected, and I agree with your post wholeheartedly!

My mistake!

Eric The(Sorry!)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote
Insecure?[devil]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:42:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Post from KBaker -
Insecure?
View Quote

Nope, just 'HonestToGod' as my sig-line says! [:D]

Eric The(HonestToGod)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 3:42:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You forgot a few..

" In a galaxy far away "
View Quote

Storm -

I didn't realize the story of your birth was in the Bible.

[:D]

View Quote

Touche!!!

Gunner...Heck I am just trying to save you from yourselves.  Just like christians seem to want to save me all the time I want to save them!

I consider myself to be a born again athiest spreading the word!.....or unword?

Why is it that christians feel the need to keep posting christian posts??  This is not Assweb afterall.  It is General Discussion that is true as such ANY post (within reason of course) is welcome.  
Would you like it if I kept posting Athiest threads??  Nope I did not think so.......When such threads have been posted in the past the local revs jumped on them in record time.

You can of course believe in what you want.  If you think that this is a proper place for "witnessing" then it works for both sides.

That said.....I agree with much that you post as well.

Cheers

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Touche!!!

Gunner...Heck I am just trying to save you from yourselves.  Just like christians seem to want to save me all the time I want to save them!

I consider myself to be a born again athiest spreading the word!.....or unword?
View Quote

Interesting how atheists who proclaim to be "faithless" seem to have an awful lot of faith that what they believe is "truth" and that the billions of people in the world who believe in "a" God or god of some sort and every society in history are simply deluded.

Why is it that christians feel the need to keep posting christian posts??  This is not Assweb afterall.  It is General Discussion that is true as such ANY post (within reason of course) is welcome.
View Quote

Freedom of speech.  Maybe you've heard of it.

Would you like it if I kept posting Athiest threads??  Nope I did not think so.......
View Quote

Actually, I really wouldn't give a shit, but I can't speak for everybody here.  Freedom of speech is a two-way street.  I think that you are full of crap, but that doesn't preclude you from posting.

When such threads have been posted in the past the local revs jumped on them in record time.
View Quote

Yeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhh......  Kind of like you're doing, right now.

You can of course believe in what you want.  If you think that this is a proper place for "witnessing" then it works for both sides.
View Quote

Except that's not what you've been saying.

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:26:28 PM EDT
[#39]
A little bit about the 'Mary' thing...

Catholics believe that the commandment to "Honor your Mother and Father" is strictly adhered to by Jesus. This is why they pray to Mary, because if SHE wants Jesus to do something, dammit, he BETTER do it.

I find it quite unsettling that it happens, but it does. It is 100% legalistic and unneccesary.

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Perhaps Mr. Hun, might I add to your excellent summation?

Word spread,
World Tried,
Lucifer Defeated,
God remained.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:41:49 PM EDT
[#41]
[rolleyes]do some of you guys still "believe" in the boogyman too?....he had a book!
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Red....perhaps you need to READ my post...

If you need help with any of the words drop me a line.

I never ever said that people could NOT post religion based threads.  However if they do in GD then they should expect to have the counter argument posted as well.

As to faith....if I choose I could reproduce any of the experiments used to provide the theories of today....

What do the religious have....NOTHING but faith....pretty lame in my opinion.....but then again that is why I am an Athiest.

If you want to preach go right ahead...
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Storm:  I read your post.  Unless you are just horribly unskilled at expressing yourself the intent is pretty clear.  You think that you can (and presumably should) respond to Chritian posts, but it is wrong when the people reading the post who believe in what is being discussed fry your ass, or when an atheist post receives the same kind of attention that you are giving this post.  That is exactly what you are saying.  Read your own post.  Read it.

I used your own words to point out what a hypocritical ass you are being.  I understand quite well what was written, down here in the U.S. we call it "double-speak."  Let me know if you need any help with that word.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#44]
you crack me up ETH LOL
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Red...

and I quote....
"If you think that this is a proper place for "witnessing" then it works for both sides."

I take my words to mean what I said...if you post Chirstian...or any other religios topic you will you reserve the right to have the other point of view posted on that thread..

Likewise if I post a Athiest thread....I accept that the religious types will post there as well..

THAT IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH!!

It reminds me of a quote....not sure who wrote it...

" Though I disagree with what you say.  I will fight and die for your right to say it!!"

Not sure if thats correct but it is how I feel.......

Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Where in the world is RikWriter? I'm losing money come on Rik, don't let me down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top