Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#1]
The fully finished pics are bad ass but I think I could probably build one a lot cheaper.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:31:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I can build myself a damn nice house for that much.

I could probably do a bunker for 1/4 that doing all my own work.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The fully finished pics are bad ass but I think I could probably build one a lot cheaper.  

I was thinking the same, and the mattress's look very uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Reminds me of that bunker scene in The Road.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I would go bat-shit crazy living in a bunker.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Blast from the Past.....
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Seems awfully small to me.  
And after being in it for a time, it would get smaller.  

Seems a bit over priced too.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Reminds me of that bunker scene in The Road.

This.  I wonder about more long term storage, i.e. food.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would go bat-shit crazy living in a bunker.

It might make me more sane
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:50:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Where is the rat hole to get out when the main opening is compromised by debris or a waiting assailant?
It doesn't look like there is anyway to know what is out there when you pop the hatch. Once you do if there is someone there you are a heartbeat away from taking a shot to the head or an incendiary or explosive device down the hatch.
All the electrical devices and fancy woodwork looks nice but without power, air, water, sanitation, food and a means of communication you are just spam in a can awaiting your fate.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Where is the rat hole to get out when the main opening is compromised by debris or a waiting assailant?
It doesn't look like there is anyway to know what is out there when you pop the hatch. Once you do if there is someone there you are a heartbeat away from taking a shot to the head or an incendiary or explosive device down the hatch.
All the electrical devices and fancy woodwork looks nice but without power, air, water, sanitation, food and a means of communication you are just spam in a can awaiting your fate.

I think its safe to assume this is made to be a pretty storm shelter and not a fort to protect you from the end of the world.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking the same, and the mattress's look very uncomfortable.

I don't think I would care all that much about how comfortable the mattresses are if I was in a situation where i had to use the bunker..
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:56:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Go on......

Nevermind.  Went to link.  Made out of an oversized shipping container??  No Thanks.  35K??  Really no thanks.  Head over to the survival forum to see what happens when you put put loads on the the sides and top of a shipping container.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think its safe to assume this is made to be a pretty storm shelter and not a fort to protect you from the end of the world.

Storm blows a tree down or a car on top of that hatch and its all the same.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Go on......

Pics of inside?

Click the links, perhaps.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go on......

Pics of inside?

You think????  

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Go on......

Pics of inside?

You think????    

Then why ask them to post pics of the inside?
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#19]
This is worth going to their survival camp, and I am not talking about the zebras

http://www.atlassurvivalshelters.com/photos/

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go on......

Pics of inside?

You think????    

Why just post pics of the bunker where it comes out of the earth in the OP??  (No knock on you OP)  I went back and looked and then edited my OP.  Try to keep up.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Go on......

Pics of inside?

You think????    

Why just post pics of the bunker where it comes out of the earth in the OP??  (No knock on you OP)  I went back and looked and then edited my OP.  Try to keep up.

You sound like a FSA i gave you a few pics for free now you want more

did post a pic of a hot chick with zebras

anyways the rock was more interesting then the inside
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Isn't the 10ft pipe they are using about $100 a foot? So what about $5k worth of materials for a $40k shelter? Talk about mark up.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:26:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Change the entrance a bit and add bury it just outside your foundation to use as a safe room.

Make it accessible through a carefully entrance behind a bookcase. That'd be interesting.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is worth going to their survival camp, and I am not talking about the zebras

http://www.atlassurvivalshelters.com/photos/

http://i1161.photobucket.com/albums/q511/rolliver/CampPhoto-5.jpg

In.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:28:42 PM EDT
[#25]
tag for when I win the lotto
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:58:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Mohave County? No one will come looking for you. Honest.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:10:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm sure most could, but pretty nice for a package deal.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 5:12:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Go on......

Nevermind.  Went to link.  Made out of an oversized shipping container??  No Thanks.  35K??  Really no thanks.  Head over to the survival forum to see what happens when you put put loads on the the sides and top of a shipping container.

If you actually read the page linked - and not just look at the pictures - I believe they mention reinforcing the container.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top