Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2002 6:58:17 PM EDT
trying to sell an unregisterable suppressor for a 10/22 on eBay?

[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755528613[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
R/C plane indeed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]
From who?
He's in Australia and beyond the reach of alphabet agents.
He's still a dumb ass though.
Australia has prisons also, the whole damn country use to be one.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
He is from Australia.

Is it possible this is a perfectly legal item there?
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
He sure got a lot of bids in 8 days!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess he thinks he is being cute with that listing.  Like that is going to fool anyone.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#6]
It's more likely that he is an alphabet agent who is posting using a fake ID to ensnare some stupid buyer.

The suppressor looks homemade BTW.

Edited to add:  Just noticed first bid wins.  He's definetly a bad guy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's more likely that he is an alphabet agent who is posting using a fake ID to ensnare some stupid buyer.

The suppressor looks homemade BTW.

Edited to add:  Just noticed first bid wins.  He's definetly a bad guy.
View Quote

that would be my bet

entrapping someone
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Alphabet soup agents must think people are incredibly stupid if they hope to catch soemone with this.....

[spank]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:45:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks perfectly legal to me. [whacko]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Who really believes this is from Australia? Taking bids on the US site and refuses anything but paypal.... Multiple listings for the item.... Sold one item before, but greater than 6 months ago...

Jake
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Alphabet soup agents must think people are incredibly stupid if they hope to catch soemone with this.....

[spank]
View Quote
The problem is, there [b]IS[/b] somebody out there dumb enough to fall for it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Not many legal guns in Australia now.

I was there last week & read in papers about the problem of illegal guns being smuggled into the country.  

A market for them since criminals know public won't/can't have.

Link Posted: 8/11/2002 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#13]
WAIT!!!!!   You mean I shouldn't have bid on this?  I thought I was being sneaky!!![BD]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 9:01:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Zardoz: Not to be a grammar nazi, but your sig line should read "Me neither" to imply the negative.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Zardoz: Not to be a grammar nazi, but your sig line should read "Me neither" to imply the negative.
View Quote
Well...in that case, I shall take that as "constructive advice" and change it immediately! Ya nazi b*st*rd, you! [:D]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#16]
You can always place a bid and retract right away. Do it when there's more than 12 hours left before the auction ends. Of course, the retraction will end up in your feedback rating for 6 months.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 9:28:58 PM EDT
[#17]
1st BID WILL WIN AUCTION. I WILL END AUCTION ONCE I HAVE RECEIVED PAYMENT FROM THE FIRST BIDDER
View Quote

Uhh, he wants you to bid on it, send him your money, while the auction is still running. Yeah, right.

Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:17:16 PM EDT
[#18]
My guess is that he takes your money, doesn't ship you anything, claims it got lost in the mail and says, "What are you gonna do, call the cops and say you got ripped off trying to buy an illegal supressor?"
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:37:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd bid on it, but I haven't figured out how to attach the wings to my 10-22.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:59:51 AM EDT
[#20]
I just wonder what that hose clamp is for?  What a dumbass.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#21]
FREE SHIPPING worldwide!  I'm on that baby.  I'll let you guys know how it works on my Ruger R/C Plane as soon as I get it.

Hopefully it'll reduce that low decible and sub-sonic range between the 10/22 like he says it will.

Oh well, if it doesn't I'll just leave him negative feedback.

Crash
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#22]
How do you know they are really from Australia - could be the FBI posing as someone from Australia - - they have been know to do stuff like that you know - - - - just ask Randy Weaver  ----- then put on your tinfoil hat [smoke]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#23]
What a tool!  Are the JBTs this fucking stupid?  'ol Zarbe (the seller) has only 1 feedback and you can't see what it was for.  Pretty weak.

You are bidding on a RUGER silencer, I made up the shit about an R/C plane muffler pipe in order to throw off the eBay thought police.  If you are unsure about this item, please send me an e-mail detailing your name, address, height, weight, race, eye color, and whether or not you have any identifying marks such as tattoos.  A daytime phone number and place of business would also be useful information.  I will ship this item worldwide, hopefully no one in Pakistan or The Golden Triangle will bid on it though.  Thanks and good luck in the shootout with the ATF.

When you hear about homeland security and stopping computer crime, this is the kind of shit that your tax money really goes to--some idiot in a computer room in an FBI satellite office posting the most ridiculous crap he can think of so as to ensnare the world's dumbest wannabe crooks and goofballs.  After all, matching wits against a real criminal could be dangerous and unhealthy, especially for the stupid idiots making up the ranks of the US's alphabet agencies.

The ATF has had its funding doubled in recent years and they added 2,000 some odd agents to their ranks.  What did you think would be the result?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top