Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2002 9:48:40 AM EDT
Ok so I have been reading about the joys of BUMP fire here since day one..

I have seen videos, pics and read many account..

Sooooo

Yesterday I had my AK, K2 and FN out at the club....so I thought what the heck, can't be that hard.

I decided on the Ak as it seemed pretty popular for this event..

I went right down to the backstop so as to not let any strays get over ( about 10 yards from it).

Brrrrrp...all 5 rounds gone in a flash!!  Wooo Hoo..

Yep....here in Canada 5 is it....Some day I would like to go to a free place and try a Bump instead of a Bumpette.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#1]
TheRedGoat has bumped a Beta Mag before. That was a site to see. Also DVDTracker had a vid of himself bumping an M1 Garand....All 10rds!!! [shock]

Man you need to get down here to TX for one of our shoots, or at the very least down to the SoCal shoots. You will be in bump heaven.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I also bumped a C-mag at Mitchell field which is inside. It took about an hour for the smoke to clear. Was told NEVER do that again. I just seem to keep getting in trouble.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:23:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Would somebody please explain to me what bump firing is? [>:/]  The only thing I have gathered about it is that it simulates full auto fire.  How do you do it?  
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 10:55:32 AM EDT
[#4]
5 rounds? lol!

at least you have a fine kalashnikov rifle! which model ak were you shooting?

f-h, bumping is simply stiff-fingering the trigger with a steady forward pressure by the hand that grips the handguards.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:01:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#7]
flash-hider:  Do a search on BUMP and you can find lots of explanations.

Basically you hold the rifle down at your hip, keep your trigger finger rigid and slowly pull the rifle forward with your support hand.  Once the rifle fires it recoils back reseting the trigger and your pull fires it again.  The trick is getting the right pressure on the pull to get the rifle rocking back and forth simulating full auto fire.  

I've been able to get half a mag out of an AK.  Can't seem to get my AR to do it very well.  Some people can do it from the shoulder but only a few rounds at a time.

Stupid.  But fun.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:23:29 AM EDT
[#8]
To quote Lee Ermey

"But did you hit the fucking target?"
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I did my first bump yesterday using my SAR2.  I'm no bumpmaster, but I was able to drain 1 30 rounder in the 3 attempts I made.  I didn't hit a damn thing except my shit eat'n grin button[:D].  I tried one mag from the sitting positon and was able to establish a fairly respectable cone of fire but I could only get about 10-12 rounds bumped.....I think I might be able to refine the "sitting bump" technique with a bit of practice.....Ammoman, I'm sure a few donated cases of 5.45x39 could be written off at tax time....Just send the ammo to the DPeacher Bumpfire Research Center of Austin.  No address is needed, the BBT knows the way....Our motto at DPBRCA is "Better bumps through research to trouble the minds of the Soccer Moms of Amerika".

The DPeacher Bumpfire Research Center of Austin is also a proud affiliate of the DPeacher Tannerite Research Center of Austin.  Working together to bring you more bang for your hard earned dollars.  Please remember us when you fill out your United Way Campaign Contribution Form.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Also DVDTracker had a vid of himself bumping an M1 Garand....All 10rds!!! [shock]

View Quote

Hmmm...that must be one of those post-ban Cali Garands...they hold 2 extra rounds....[:)]
View Quote

DOH!! [shock] Got so used to 10rdrs for CA that it was kinda ingrained in my head. [:(]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:24:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
flash-hider:  Do a search on BUMP and you can find lots of explanations.
View Quote

The first few webpags that come up are air powered nail guns. But I remember seeing a small video on bump fire.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#12]
First shot was into the dirt at the base of the target holder. I aimed down to start with as I was afraid of shooting over the berm if things got scary.

The second hit below the taret.

Third was low on the target.

Four was high on target.

Fifth was over the target but still into the berm.

Campy...I have a Norinco AK84-S1 in .223
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:32:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Not a "web" search but a search HERE!!

Top right corner of the page ....SEARCH!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#14]
you guys with ak's...install a redstararms trigger group and dial that let-off down. damn things will run like machineguns.

and another thing. for safety's sake, install the rate reducer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top