Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2002 7:54:36 AM EDT
I was saving up for an AR-10, until I saw one of these:
[url]http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/mdl_military.html#[/url]
[img]http://photos.msn.com/viewing/albumtheme.aspx[/img]
Anyone here own a Royal enfield bike? I've wanted one forever, and I will hopefully finally get one!

Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/mdl_military.html#[/url]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 8:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks,
I think I figured it out now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#4]
They've basically gone unchanged since the 50's, I suppose it's a love them or hate them affair.  They have improved the wiring and the braking.  Although they're no racer, they do put out quite a bit of power, with the 500cc ones.
Definately not for someone who doesn't want to get dirty to keep it running, but I guess that's just me. I love Triumph Spitfies too-same story!

Yes they do come from India, however india is fast becoming a great source for metal products- their quality is really good now.

The Kick procedure is a bit involved, but that is due to the high compression, single cylinder engine. You only get one revolution per kick, so it has to be brought up to top center prior to kicking.  The say that this is cause you wouldn't be able to kick it if it was a multiple crank thing, due to the compression ratio. (5.5:1 in 500cc, or 7.25:1 in 350cc)
It puts out 22 BHP which isn't too shabby.  I don't know if BHP is better or worse than American HP.
Basically they are a lot of fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top