Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2002 9:21:59 PM EDT
Here's a touchy one. Say you were on an ocean liner... like the Titanic.
You know the story. There's only room on the lifeboat for one more body. You can either get on, or give up the opportunity to a crying 5 year old or some fossilized socity matron.

If it was my own ass on the line; sorry kid/lady, I hope you know how to swim or hold your breath. Their age or gender is irelavent.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing. [:\]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
The child would get the seat.

I don't intend to sound mean, but I would not want to be in a foxhole with you.

Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The kid that's crying, is it a sob or one of those hysterical loud crying things?  I cant stand it when people are freaking out.  If the kids going nuts I would give him the seat so that I wouldn't have to listen to it anymore.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Whoever is the youngest, regardless of gender. For children anyway.

Adults, the women go first.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:51:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude! You are so insensitive! Of course it is women and children first. You don't want to eat an adult male! The kids are there because they are young fat and tender, and the women are there to cook them for you! Sheesh! Didn't you learn anything at Sunday school?
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
the life boats on the titanic were not 100% full.  the rich people loaded and left.
most poor people were locked in lower portions of the ship and died.  others could not "reach" the life boats before they launched.

liners now have 100 plus percent capacity.

yea, maybe i would give up my seat.
i just hate cold water.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The child would get the seat.

I don't intend to sound mean, but I would not want to be in a foxhole with you.

View Quote

don't worry out-a-ammo,
there is no room in the fox holes.  they are full of women and children.

Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Grab some other guy in the boat and throw him overboard, to make room for you and the kid.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:59:16 PM EDT
[#9]
If I let a child die in my place, I could never live with myself, so, yes, the child would get my seat.

As far as the women, well, they say they want to compete with men on an equal footing, so feel free to compete ladies. he he
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#10]
5 year old first no question.{some fossilized socity matron}improvised life raft time,id see if she floats.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Now that I think about it, you best have at least one man on that boat!!

Who else would keep all the frantic women under control??

hehehehheh
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:05:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd sit in the seat and then put the kid in my lap.. I don't think an extra 50 pounds is gonna sink the lifeboat
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 3:45:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Children 1st,then women then men.Being a man is more than just having a penis.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:43:33 AM EDT
[#14]
this is a really noble thing to say but I have seen how you people drive on the freeways!

seriously, everyone will bottle up on the deck where the life boats launch.  the easiest and fastest way to save the woman and children is for every body to load up and launch the boats as quick as possible.  you may not have time to filter out woman and children.  saving 90% of the passengers and sacrificing 10% including woman and children is better than only saving 70% all being women and children.

to answer Lickity-Split's original question.
they get the seat.  but I'm lashing dead fat asses together to make a raft!
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You know the story. There's only room on the lifeboat for one more body. You can either get on, or give up the opportunity to a crying 5 year old or some fossilized socity matron.

If it was my own ass on the line; sorry kid/lady, I hope you know how to swim or hold your breath. Their age or gender is irelavent.
View Quote
I'm glad you're not MY secret santa this year.[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:44:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I was on the same boat, the kid would get the seat, because your dead ass wouldn't be needing it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd be the man that hoisted the kid into the boat after I ripped you out and stood on your shoulders
:)
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I gravitate toward victorian morality and its dictates, such as women and children first.  

Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

If I was on the same boat, the kid would get the seat, because your dead ass wouldn't be needing it.
View Quote

[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/thumb.gif[/img]

But I probably would'nt kill you, I would just tie you to the bow of the lifeboat and make you swim and pull it while I beat you with the oar.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#20]
What do you have for your next post, Lickity-Split?

"Why should we tell the truth?"

"Why pay for things, when you can just steal them?"

"fighting small children is easy, don't you think?"

Jackass.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top