Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2002 7:25:01 PM EDT
Today was the last game in our baseball season and I wanted to pitch one inning.  I am the catcher for our team so I am familiar with pitching but can't ever remember pitching.  We played the team I was with last year.  I didn't get along with our manager so he gave me my release.  He's a loud mouth semi jerk.  He came up to bat and gave me a little crap about being a catcher and not a pitcher.  So the first pitch I threw a knuckler and he fanned BIG TIME!!  Next pitch was a high inside fast ball and he fanned again.  Third pitch was an inside curve which missed the strike zone.  I can't throw a curve to save my life- but what the hell.  The next pitch was a hard fast ball knee high that caught the outside corner and he fanned on that one also.  Strike three- sit the f*ck down Waldo!!
Yea baby!!

Don't normally boast, but sometimes ya gotta.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Revenge is underrated.

Whupped 'em again, didn't we Josey?

Whupped 'em again, boy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#2]
You better believe it.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

Would like to credit some one with that but can't remember where/when I first heard it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You better believe it.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold."

Would like to credit some one with that but can't remember where/when I first heard it.
View Quote

Old Klingon proverb... [;)]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Heh, in the real world, it's an old Syrian proverb.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Syrians are descended from Klingons?!?!?!? .... or is it Klingons are descended from Syrians?!?!?!??
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:57:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Duh!!  Sorry Waldo.  I should've said "sit the f*ck down, Larry!!".  I'm still smiling about striking out my old manager.  And I'm a damn catcher!![8D]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:16:01 PM EDT
[#8]
You know...best part is he is was SWINGING hard to blow you away.  He he he he.  I bet that was sweet.

I would have made the comment near him as I passed by him after the game..."Damn, I didn't do too bad for my first time pitching!  Good thing they brought out the newbies."
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Tailgate- you better believe he was swinging for the fence.  And he can put it over if you give him a big fat pitch down the middle.  We played at Incarnate Word and I think the center field fence is 400 or 410 feet.  I've seen him hit that far last year.  Knocked the damn cover off the ball, I tell ya.  Do you play baseball also?  My team (Astros) are in last place this year.  Ouch!!

Whoa just checked the time.  Gotta get some sleep.  Later.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top