Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2002 12:08:48 PM EDT
Last night RBAD was subjected to one of a man's greatest fears.  Watching a movie your wife or G/F has picked out.

In order to prevent this from happening again to one of us, I propose that us guys make a list of movies we can steer the girls to that they will like, and we can at least tolerate.

My recommendation is "The Majestic" with Jim Carey.  Mushy, but not sickening.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll have to think on that one but I do find comedies helpful, even if it's mushy I can stand it if I can laugh at it without pissing of the wife.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard Chocolat was good DonR![:D] hehehe
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Easy Rider

Ernest goes to camp

Strange Brew

The Patriot

Braveheart

Any chick who doesn't like those can kick rocks
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I heard Chocolat was good DonR![:D] hehehe
View Quote

Damn, deadeye, that's harsh!!![:D]  You met my wife in Tulsa.  Ususally she goes for stuff like BHD, and Fast and the Furious, but everyonce in a while she'll slip in a Vanilla Sky, or Serendipity if I'm not looking.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 1:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty Woman
Manaquinn
Liar Liar
Ghost

--edit to add--
The Princess Bride
Labrynth
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#8]
"Meet The Parents" - Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro

"Unbreakable" - Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson.

[b][red]WARNING!![/RED]:[/B]
DO NOT see "Royal Tannenbaums" or "Zoolander"!! OMFG - you will want want to KILL yourself if you rent those!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Doom Patrol,

"pissing of the wife?" What does this entail? She gets so emotional she pees?? Please splain dis one...
Just kidding,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[b][red]WARNING!![/RED]:[/B]
DO NOT see "Royal Tannenbaums" or "Zoolander"!! OMFG - you will want want to KILL yourself if you rent those!!
View Quote

I'll second this... We rented The Royal Tennenbaums last week and turned it off half way through; we both felt that cleaning the house would be more entertaining.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#11]
"Raising Arizona"
For a date you're serious about or your wife.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:25:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife rented this recenty - a foreign film.  A FRENCH film!  I thought it was good.  Sometimes you get surprised!

The Eighth Day  (1995) [NR]  

108 minutes; in Color

Genre(s): Buddies, Lovable Loonies, Mental Retardation, Repressed Men

Cast: Daniel Auteuil, Pascal Duquenne, Miou-Miou, Henri Garcin, Fabienne Loriaux, Isabelle Sadoyan, Helene Roussel, Michele Maes; DIRECTED BY: Jaco Van Dormael; WRITTEN BY: Jaco Van Dormael; CINEMATOGRAPHY BY: Walther Vanden Ende; MUSIC BY: Pierre Van Dormael. PRODUCER: Philippe Godeau, Eric Rommeluere, Dominique Josset, Gramercy Pictures.

Awards: Cannes 1996: Actor (Auteuil), Actor (Duquenne).

Review: Sugary story about workaholic businessman Harry (Auteuil), whose wife Julie (Miou-Miou) has just left him, taking their daughters. Driving home, Harry finds Georges (Duquenne) by the side of the road. Georges, who has Downs syndrome, has left the institution he's been living in and, though Harry tries to take him to the nearest police station, Georges refuses to leave him. Naturally, the emotionally deprived Harry begins to loosen up and, when Georges is finally returned to his group home, all his friends decide to help with Harry's attempts to win back his family. Thick with whimsy but the lead performances are excellent. French with subtitles.

Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
"Raising Arizona"
For a date you're serious about or your wife.
View Quote

Damn.. I liked that movie! It was funny as hell!
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#15]
"The Saint"  with Val Kilmer & Elizabeth Shue

It's heavily slanted to being a chick flick but keeps enough action  or suspense going to balance that out.  Endurable for us guys, and I really have a warm spot for Shue.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#16]
My girlfriend took me to Saving Private Ryan. Then I married her. I gave her a short barrel S*S for her birthday. Now she likes shooting, reloading. She has to hold the gun and a case of shells to make 100Ib. Hell life is good.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Holy Crap!   I misread the topic...  I thought you meant "Movie TITS" [:D]

Actually..  The movie wasn't all that bad after all was said and done.

I am staying at my sister's house (to use their indoor pool for back therapy and to get free food [;)]).  Tonight they made us watch Meet The Parents.  

EXCELLENT MOVIE !!

Hey Don --> Here is the pic of the day:
My nephew the cutest kid in the world !)
trying to drown me...
[img]rbad.ar15.com/rich_and_gary.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Hehe..  Rosana and the pool shark!
[img]rbad.ar15.com/rosana_and_gary.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:43:52 PM EDT
[#20]
"Last of the Mohicans". Has it all. One of the very best movies ever made.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"Last of the Mohicans". Has it all. One of the very best movies ever made.
View Quote
           herehere.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Another vote for "Raising Arizona".

The Princess Bride - enough "true love" crap to keep GF blubbering, but more than enough humor to keep you laughing.

Unforgiven - the relationship that W. Munny had with his deceased wife seems to be pleasing.  The powerful scene with Munny and the maimed hooker is also a draw.  For us there's the all-star cast and plenty of hard core action.

Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:08:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Smokey and the Bandit.
View Quote

Damn that's a great movie.  Not wife material though.

My wife, as well as some other women I know really liked Gladiator.  The whole Russel Crow thing I think.  She actually really liked LOTR as well.  Of course that was the whole Viggo thing, I think.

I find most comedies to be pretty gender neutral.  Austin Powers, et. al.

As far as her movies I didn't mind so much, Legally Blonde wasn't so bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top