Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 11/8/2012 3:56:05 PM EDT
McCauleys operation, why didn't he assume the possibility that Waingro may have been under surveillance?  I think that we can all agree that McCauley's decisions had been spot on up to that point.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
McCauleys operation, why didn't he assume the possibility that Waingro may have been under surveillance?  I think that we can all agree that McCauley's decisions had been spot on up to that point.

In retrospect, Waingro's actions were justified. McCauley had to have known that shit happens when you run a wrecker into an armored car.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Waingro was a total unknown, who they found out quick made very bad decisions.

They should have killed him at the restaurant, before they went in.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you doubting Waingro's necessity to get it on?

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In retrospect, Waingro's actions were justified. McCauley had to have known that shit happens when you run a wrecker into an armored car.

So why not just go ahead and smoke check Waingro at the armor car scene?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you doubting Waingro's necessity to get it on?

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Gotta get it on. No choice but to get it on.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hell they should have killed him at the rip off of the armored car, even if they had to drag and dispose of his corpse. With out Wangro the cops would never gotten on to the crew.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:05:05 PM EDT
[#8]
He was reachin' for his piece.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell they should have killed him at the rip off of the armored car, even if they had to drag and dispose of his corpse.

Pop him in the ambulance when they incinerate it.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#9]
He knew that Waingro was under protective custody and was being used as bait, but 'the code' said he had to die no matter what. It's  all about 'the code'.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He knew that Waingro was under protective custody and was being used as bait, but 'the code' said he had to die no matter what. It's  all about 'the code'.

This. Remember him seeing the shotgun behind the front counter? He knew it and did it anyways
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:06:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hell they should have killed him at the rip off of the armored car, even if they had to drag and dispose of his corpse.

Throwing him in side the exploding/ burning ambulance had possibilities.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn, you've done this before.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#13]
That hooker he whacked was kind of cute.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Best thread I've seen in a week.  "Clean up, go home!"
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Remember him seeing the shotgun behind the front counter? He knew it and did it anyways

Exactly.  Good, I thought I was the only one that was confused by the question...

This is without a doubt, hands down, the best GD topic of the week so far.

ETA: It should be TACKED after the week we've had.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Waingrow was looking for something heavy.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Best thread I've seen in a week.  "Clean up, go home!"[/quote]

One of the best lines EVAR!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:19:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That hooker he whacked was kind of cute.

Yeah, Waingro was a true carbuncle.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Why does Waingro get the shitty Mylec street hockey mask and everyone else wears sweet Bernie Parent masks?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:19:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kidding?  This movie was one line after another.  My best friends and I have had entire conversations (productive ones, mind you) using nothing but lines from this masterpiece.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:21:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kidding?  This movie was one line after another.  My best friends and I have had entire conversations (productive ones, mind you) using nothing but lines from this masterpiece.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:22:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Because you don't know what Waingro told someone else about the job, if he left descriptions of the other dudes with a girlfriend etc.  You don't leave the body of your partner at the scene.  Do your homework, make a plan, and execute the plan.

They did fuck up the hit for a group of pros tho.  Big time.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Best thread I've seen in a week.  "Clean up, go home!"

I'm kinda tired of the politics myself.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Negative Ghostrider.

Leaving him in the burning ambulance leaves behind a corpse which can be identified through DNA.

DNA leads to an identity which then leads back to known associates.

No - he needed to be popped in a way completely unrelated to the original crime.

They screwed up in bringing him to a public place for the meeting.  Someone should have just taken him for a ride for a briefing on the next job.

Along the way, he gets an icepick to the base of the skull ala' Goodfellas.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:23:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because you don't know what Waingro told someone else about the job, if he left descriptions of the other dudes with a girlfriend etc.  You don't leave the body of your partner at the scene.  Do your homework, make a plan, and execute the plan.

But....Waingro hadn't met the crew until the armored car hit.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Well ya know, for me, the action is the juice.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Disagree.  The guy Waingro shot was dazed by an explosion.  Waingro turned a potential robbery conviction into a murder conviction because a guy

looked at him.  Though McCauley wouldn't hesitate to kill for even a second, he would try to plan all operations so that he didn't have to.

Waingro ruined that.  But like everyone else said, they should have shot him in the ambulance and left him to be destroyed in the

firebombing.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  Stop talkin OK slick?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:26:04 PM EDT
[#29]
An honorable mention to whoever can make one of the bungee cord weapon slings that they used.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#30]
twist to the plot line
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

for a professional crew they sure had a habit of picking up strays to pull  a score.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Look at me. Look at me!
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good point.

Still wouldn't pop him there tho.  Too much hassel, and you may still need his gun if you get stopped by cops a few blocks away.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

for a professional crew they sure had a habit of picking up strays to pull  a score.

yeah, but the script didn't really get into where the hell they found Waingro.  Someone they took some majors scores together with could have vouched for him.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#36]
He was a regular rodeo rider.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:33:37 PM EDT
[#37]
A guy told me
one time, 'Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not
willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around
the corner.'

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#38]
"I am a cowboy"
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone ever notice Cheritto's Ruger cocked and locked?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Cause she's got a great ass... and you got your head all the way up it! Ferocious, aren't I? When I think of asses, a woman's ass, something comes out of me
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Also remember they used the Allstate guy they picked up from the diner when the other guy was being tailed by the cops....and this, there biggest job ever.  Sounds like they didn't mind using last-minute stand-ins that had done time///
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:42:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Also remember they used the Allstate guy they picked up from the diner when the other guy was being tailed by the cops....and this, there biggest job ever.  Sounds like they didn't mind using last-minute stand-ins that had done time///

Right, but you could tell by the diner scene that President Palmer and Neil had history.  They went way back, without a doubt.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Cause she's got a great ass... and you got your head all the way up it! Ferocious, aren't I? When I think of asses, a woman's ass, something comes out of me

This scene warms my heart
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:43:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was going to mention that. Not very professional to rely on complete unknowns...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right, but you could tell by the diner scene that President Palmer and Neil had history.  They went way back, without a doubt.

He was housed with Dobie Rush
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was housed with Dobie Rush

That's right - D block
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#47]
ashley Judd

my favorite all time movie
great thread
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#48]
McCauley didnt know Waingro was being watched, but that didn't matter. He knew that Van Zant knew who Waingro was because when McCauley asked him where Waingro was he said, "how the hell should I know?"

The street snitches tipped off Hanna, so thats how he decided to go find Waingro to get McCauley.

They were all already ID'ed for the bank robbery and shootout, so McCauley had nothing to lose.

Waingro being a snitch to Van Zant is why Treo and his wife Ana were killed. It is also why the robbery got busted, and why Cheritto got killed.

McCauley went after Waingro for payback plain and simple. It was worth it to him.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Somebody had to introduce Waingro to the crew. If you can ID Waingro's body you might be able to ID the boss who might be able to connect it to the crew
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
ashley Judd

my favorite all time movie
great thread

Cause she's got a great ass... and you got your head all the way up it! Ferocious, aren't I? When I think of asses, a woman's ass, something comes out of me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top