Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2002 7:09:56 PM EDT
was just watching the show the guy is crying over a dead croc. hmmm.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
But if that croc was alive he'd be wrestling it!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you guy's see his WWII in the Pacific special on the Discovery channel this week?  It was great TV, he went places most guy's would not go under any circumstances.

The Croc Hunter is one brave SOB in my book, and if he is crying over a Croc, then so be it, just shows some emotion is all.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
 Any dude who shows you the 10 deadliest snakes in the world by catching them with his bare hands is either completely off kilter, or one bad MoFo.
 Hes got bigger jubblies than me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:06:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw that snake episode and he's Ok in my book.

Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Compared to SuperDave most people are! I remember your show. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:42:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree, Steve is the man. Typical Aussie: Both energetic, yet laid back at the same time. I've never seen a man climb a tree faster! Then again, he usually has the proper motivation. [;)]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Compared to SuperDave most people are! I remember your show. [;)]
View Quote

Oookaaaay, Supaa!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Nothing wrong with crying over an animal.  I cried for a week when the rat died.  Plus with all the crazy stuff that guy has done, I don't know how he could be referred to as a wuss.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:52:04 PM EDT
[#10]
The funny thing is the guy doesn't even see it as anything dangerous or strange.He's always got that big,shit eatin grin like a kid in a candy store.He's got some big ones alright.

He'd be a good buddy to take campin,ya run into a bear or cougar,he can just wrestle the SOB.[:)]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:48:53 PM EDT
[#11]
What a croc!
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Did you guy's see his WWII in the Pacific special on the Discovery channel this week?  It was great TV, he went places most guy's would not go under any circumstances.
View Quote

Personally, I couldn't watch that show because he was the one hosting it.  His show is fine, but as for hosting a WWII battlefield (graveyard) show?  There were more suitable choices IMO.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#13]
His show on the Discovery channel (the channel that along with the Speed Channel makes cable worth it) "Ghosts of WWII"? or something close, was great.  I was truly amazed that there are P38's lying around airfields on the islands.  All of the skeletal remains just laying around gives you an idea of just how brutal the fighting was.

I think a travel company could make a mint by offering a cruise that took you to all those old battle fields.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I got a kick of the one where he is in the USA looking for snakes.

he crawls under a rock overhang so that just his legs are hanging out, and then starts yanking rattle snakes out of the hole and handing them to his wife

Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:57:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I got a kick of the one where he is in the USA looking for snakes.

he crawls under a rock overhang so that just his legs are hanging out, and then starts yanking rattle snakes out of the hole and handing them to his wife

View Quote

The desert rattler portion was filmed here in southern Arizona !!
Crackeeeee, he's a Rippaaaa !!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Steve Irwin might be a lot of things, but a puss isn't one of them.

The next time you see him on TV watch his face light up when he's handling a snake or a croc. It's the face of someone who truly loves these animals and understands their reasons for being allowed to exist in the wild.

I might think he's a nut, but I'll never call him a puss.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:35:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Steve is one nutty brave SOB.
A puss he aint.
I would really like to see some truly uncensored tapes of his.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 3:50:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Those were crocodile tears. Any man that loves wildlife his wife,child and dog is no puss.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He's got balls that clank when he walks.

-Troy
View Quote

I concur.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:21:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
...He starts climbing trees like a monkey chasing it...
-Troy
View Quote

I saw one episode a couple of years ago where Steve chased some rodent for 10 minutes. He ran it up a tree and when the rodent jumped out of the tree onto the ground, he literally jumped out of the tree after it... like 30-40 feet to the ground. I mean he put on a chase like I have never seen before - all for this little rodent creature.

I think he's great. He truly cares about preserving wild animals and I am glad he has found success doing something he loves. People gotta remember this guy was doing it for many years because he cared - not because he was a TV star.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 11:29:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Someone who honors our dead from WWII, and puts together a series specifically to bring them to the forefront, is definitely NOT a pussy.
View Quote

I agree! He really put forth that He understands that the USA solders were the ones that fought , died, and Saved His (And his dad's & Grandpa's) Butt in WWII! And He was very moved and greatful for all that They had done.

As for the Crock, She was the oldest (Well over 100 years!) that He had there, and one of the first He and his best friend (Wiess) had captured for the Park. He said that He loved Her like a family member. I thought it was a good glimpse of how passionate He is about his crocs' & loved ones. Heck!, A day or two after SEP 11th He was on air expressing How sorry He was that It had happened. I was quite touched at the speed and thoughtfulness of it.
Good Guy, Wish I could meet him in person sometime.

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:51:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Some where in the middle of that WWII episode he finds an old mortar shell and grabs it right up like nothing. I think my eyes came right out of my head. I mean 60 yr old live ordanance for cryin  out loud.[:0]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Some where in the middle of that WWII episode he finds an old mortar shell and grabs it right up like nothing. I think my eyes came right out of my head. I mean 60 yr old live ordanance for cryin  out loud.[:0]
View Quote

That tripped me out to, so I took a real good look at it when they showed it again and the detonator had been removed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#28]
He had a show on primetime Friday or Saturday night.  It showed a croc bite his boot and shake it back & forth.  No skin broken but the boot had holes in it.  He just bragged about the boot company making good boots.

They also told a story about him and a zoo worker cleaning debris out a flooded croc pen during a rainstorm at night.  The croc lunged and bit into the zoo worker's leg.  Irwin jumped onto the back of the crock to keep him from rolling or dragging him into the water.  The croc let go and both lived.  A gruesome photo was shown of the worker's leg.  Undoubtedly saved his live.

Puss wouldn't be in my list of words to describe him.  However, nuts would be.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I remember one show where they were looking for pigs or something, and suddenly Steve shouts, "Green Mamba!" and takes off running after one of the deadliest (not to mention fastest) snakes in the world.  He starts climbing trees like a monkey chasing it, and finally grabs it and brings it down out of the tree.  He then holds it by the tail and dances around (it's about 10 feet long and 5" in diameter) while it proceeds to strike at his legs.  All the while he's narrating and showing the snake to the camera.

He's got balls that clank when he walks.

-Troy
View Quote

This says it all. One crazy dude & he found an equally crazy chick.

Now that, my friends, is bliss.

Hat's off to the whacko from Queensland. You have a gun or you do what he doesw [:D]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:22:34 AM EDT
[#30]
I saw at least one episode, back when I had cable, where he thanked American forces for protecting Australia during World War II.

He is either incredibly brave, or totally insane to handle those things! [;)]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#31]
[img]http://www.cinema.com/image_lib/7155_002_thumb.jpg[/img]

That guy is fu%^*ng crazy!!![whacko]
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#32]
I met the guy while he was filming a show in Florida.  I got to ride along for 2 days while they filmed on Eglin AFB.  The best word I can think of to describe him is WOW!!!!  He is exactly what he seems to be like on TV.  Wired from sun up to sun down.  He knows his shit and he is truly excited about every minute of it.  Believe it or not, though, he is actually quite a shy guy as far as meeting people.  That's been a couple of years but I doubt he's changed much.  Very respectful and complimentary toward everything American.  He knows where he makes his money and I truly believe he appreciates it.  Helluva guy in my book.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top