Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2002 4:43:57 PM EDT
I can't say I listen regularly but I heard her today bring up the matter of shooting. She made a strong pro-gun statement , read a fax or letter from a family about how they handle children and gun safety, and talked about her son becoming interested in shooting.

She is looking around for a range near her home in SoCal, the closer the better.

I thought I'd toss this up there to suggest that one of her neighbors, probably a leo,  to volunteer their knowledge of the area, ranges, and general  knowledge of shooting to her and her son.

We could also invite her to this site !!!

Hey GB, how about a DR. Laura forum?
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a little familiar with her, is she in the L.A area or further south??

I could suggest some ranges in the L.A. area.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I've listened to her numerous times & she has publically made many pro-gun, pro-self defense statements, she is Jewish as well so I suspect that plays a role in her belief of being armed. She is one of the good guys. Like to see her in Celebrity Boxing with fat Rosie O'
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I found her naked pictures! She was HOT! when she was 25!

Come to think about it...She still is!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I heard her show today as well...

I almost drove off the highway..

She had a call from a soccer  mom yesterday who was concerned that her 3 year old son was OBSESSED with guns and playing ARMY..

Dr. Laura told her that it was natural...etc.

Well this caller emailed her to complain that she was quite upset with her answer and wanted to comment more on it.  She said that she hated guns and violence and wanted no part of it for her son and that Dr Laura should be ashamed for defending guns.

Laura.....in her normal way cut this lady to shreds!!

VIOLENCE IS AN ANSWER SOME TIMES!!

Cow boys and War games teach this....Good versus evil!!!

What did the caller think was going on in Afganistan!ETC.

She then read a note from a lady with a 5 year old boy whome they wree teaching to shoot and hunt etc...

Larua also said that her son had expressed an interest  in shooting and she was going to try and find a local range to take him as she was to lazy to drive far!! LOL!!

SOoooooo

If anyone knows where she lives in Kalifornia..please email her and invite her and her son ( he is 12 or 13) out to the range!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I found her naked pictures! She was HOT! when she was 25!

Come to think about it...She still is!
View Quote

Can you post them in the Lodge, or give me an address where I can find them?
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:31:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I used the search engine
[URL]www.alltheweb.com[/URL]
Set it for pictures and just put in Dr Laura.
A bunch of thumbnails will come up.
There are about 6 or 7 of them and they are all over the web. Some of the Thumbnails will take you to some celebrity sites, but the pics are also there by themselves, just keep looking!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
she is Jewish as well so I suspect that plays a role in her belief of being armed.
View Quote

What is your explanation for Diane Feinstein and Chuck Schumer?
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:26:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:36:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
she is Jewish as well so I suspect that plays a role in her belief of being armed.
View Quote

What is your explanation for Diane Feinstein and Chuck Schumer?
View Quote

Doesn't D-F have a CCW?? I think she doesn't have a problem being armed. She just doesn't want the rest of us armed.

I'm sure Schumer has armed people around him. Again he needs armed security, law enforcement to protect him, but he doesn't think YOU should be armed to protect YOURSELF.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe I can give you a little feel for the Jewish/ Guns thing, based on my own experience in the past 50+ years. It's really a kind of schizophrenic thing.

I remember when,in 1952, at age 13, I told my folks that I wanted to get a .22 with the money I'd saved from my paper route, they were both initially very opposed.  My mother said that only gangsters wanted guns; my father wasn't quite so dramatic, but wasn't thrilled about it either.  When I pointed out that our fellow Jews in Israel had just used guns to gain their freedom, and my dad had carried a gun in WW2, the opposition lessened somewhat.  They didn't like it, but since it was with money I'd earned myself, they allowed it.

From what I've seen in the years since, I think that there is some sort of collective unconsious memory among East European origined Jews that the only people who have guns are the Cossacks and the oppressive police. I've not seen this attitude nearly so strongly in Jews whose families came from Southern Europe(Italy, Greece, South of France).

Also, you have to factor in the fact that hunting is a no no to Jews who keep kosher in their eating; and while there aren't as many of those as there used to be, I think that the tradition still influences attitudes.

The good news is that as we get to the second and third generation born and raised in the US, Jews are getting less and less "traditional" in their attitudes about a lot of things, including guns. Jews like Dr. Laura (and me [:D]) are getting more and more common.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:33:30 AM EDT
[#12]
News!!!   May it never be. But it plays well to my ego, so I thank you.

shamayim, your comments helped me understand better the "why" of some current attitudesamong Jews My perception has been that many jews hold the almost legitimate idea that when push comes to shove they are alone in this world. I don't remember the circumstances but it was reported the other day that Sharon made the comment "we know who our friends are" when asked why he was meeting with a particular group of people. (If some could expand on that I'd like to know more.)  Examples like that, as well as a caller to Rush a few weks ago (Sarah?) and others are coming around to common sense and realizing that they do have friends and a haven in conservative poeple and ideas.  Persoaly, it was a little off-putting to know that they, now less and less, support ideas and values undermining the best and last friends they  might have in this world. I'm not as frustrated about that now as I was a few weeks ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top