Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2002 9:19:47 AM EDT
Tired of Playing those same old boring Board Games? Well, the folks at Underground Games, Inc., a black owned game company, have come up with the most fun and interesting board game concept too ever hit the Market. Life As A BlackMan the Game? is the first and only board game to depict life from the perspective of a minority. "This is the party game for the next millennium," says Chuck Sawyer, C.E.O. Underground Games, Inc.
You're an 18-year-old black male high school graduate entering society. Where will you begin the game? Glamourwood, Black University, Military or Ghetto? What type of person, or shall I say Character Type will you be? Creative, Intellectual, Athletic? Do you know good from evil? Will it be Church or Crime? Crime equals Police and Prison. Do you have enough money for the Dream Team Attorney? If not the Public Defender is free of charge. What kind of car will you drive? SUV, Used Car, Bucket, or No Car at all? But remember you need a car to get around in Downtown. There's plenty of Action in the Cards, 360 in all, and it takes for 15-45 minutes to complete an entire game. There's only one goal in Life As A BlackMan the Game? and that's FREEDOM. No more going around in endless circles.
To begin the game, chose a player to be the Government. The Government pays all Salaries, handles all automobile and Legal transactions, and reads the cards for Prison. Players must first roll the 6-sided die to determine their character type, (Creative, Intellectual, or Athletic). Next, the player rolls the 6-sided die to determine which District they will begin the game, (Glamourwood, Black University, Military, or Ghetto). There are spaces on the game board that have the words Glamourwood, University, Military, Ghetto, Corporate America, Church, Prison, Life, Career, Racism, Crime, and Police. There are cards corresponding to these spaces on the board called Action Cards. The player must pull a card every time they land on a space with a word on it, except for Crime, which is optional. Each card has a specific detail on it relating to the space with an action that the player must carry out on the board. For example, a player may pull a Life card that reads, Your brother moves in with you, Pay $1,000. The player would then have to either pay the $1,000 or go into Debt, which may result in a trip to the Ghetto. Corporate America, Church and Prison are other Districts in the game that offer other types of challenges that we face in everyday life. There are Paydays on the board, which allow the player to receive a salary, if they have a career, pay child expenses, or even rent. Players may purchase and sell cars for use Downtown, get married, have children, and even get divorced. Every facet of everyday life is incorporated in this board game, including Lawyers, and Debt. The first player to reach the space FREEDOM wins the game.
[url=http://www.blackmangame.com/main.htm]blackmangame[/url]

Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
WTF next.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:55:34 AM EDT
[#2]
posted a story about this a few months ago

now they can really play the racism card
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:00:22 AM EDT
[#3]
It's just a whole "feel sorry for me" bag.

Too bad for them, they need to get over something that happened over a 100 years ago!

Won't be seeing a penny of my money!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#4]
i'm developing a "life as a poor white trailer trash" game.

after that, it's "life as a dweeb who found an easy way to take folks' money".
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Of course the game will never be a hit because "The Man" will keep it down!
BrenLover
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I just bought one.

[img]http://www.blackmangame.com/images/home/main_game_logo.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Seriously, I would buy one just to get away from mainstream games, but I SURE AS HELL am not willing to contribute money to a company that will spew forth MORE bullshit with profits from me doing business with them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Someone needs to make a game called life as a "White Hetero Man" if you really want to know discrimination and hatred.

BrenLover
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I am a dues paying members of the Black Panthers.
Seriously.
I support black millitants, reparations, and anything of that nature.

Let's just get it on, and over with.
Give them their money for "slavery", and watch it vanish into FUBU and Gold chains wihin a week.
I bought this game because I have a feeling I will have a BLAST playing it with my buddies.
Could you imagine!
"Hey David. It's your turn to be LeRoy the crack-head, while I play De'Shon, and go sleep with my 22 ho's..."
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's just a whole "feel sorry for me" bag.
View Quote

Exactly. As DScott says: "Oh no, another victim."
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#11]
[b]Go to jail. Go directly to jail, do not pass go do not collect $200[/b]

Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:00:33 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]Now, you too can have...."The Black Experience"![/b]

For only $37.95....[:P]

IBTL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top