Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2002 8:49:32 AM EDT
Would you like to know of an easy way to tell if someone is about to lie to you?

Next time you you encounter a person who starts of an explanation of something with the word 'well', you are probably about to get lied to.

"Well, I'm not sure if they..."
"Well, the way I see it..."
"Well, according to..."

Also,

Anytime the beginning of a reply sentance is drawn-out, the person replying is looking for words to use that will not get them in trouble.

And,

Anytime someone pauses after you ask them a simple question, means you have already answered it, OR, they are about to lie to you.

And lets not forget,

A person who gets irate or pounds their fist on a table during a discussion is gilty of whatever the discussion is about.

Have a nice weekend =)
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Wellll....I'm not sure I can beleive any of this![;)]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Would you like to know of an easy way to tell if someone is about to lie to you?

=)
View Quote

Now if we're talking about politicians, it gets ALOT simpler.

Only one question need be answered:

"Do you have money that they want?"

Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:10:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top