Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2002 9:35:02 PM EDT
A member of one of the other gun boards recently sent the American Association of Retired Persons a request to provide the organization's position on gun control. Here's the reply he received:

[i]For more than a decade, AARP has supported federal measures to control the availability of handguns because of their frequent use in the commission of violent crimes. Handguns continue to present a serious threat to citizens of all ages. In 1993, over 13,000 people were killed with handguns. At least $1 billion is spent annually on medical costs associated with the treatment of individuals who have been shot.

The prevalence of violence in some neighborhoods has resulted in many older persons becoming virtual prisoners in their homes. Increasingly, individuals living in the inner city are suffering the loss of children and grandchildren who are the victims of violent crimes and senseless shootings.

Further, the lack of restrictions on handgun sales in certain states enables gun runners to purchase guns that they can then resell in states with more restrictive laws. This lack of uniformity among the states significantly undermines their ability to control handgun availability.

Increased criminal activity involving automatic and semiautomatic weapons persuaded the Association in 1989 to expand its earlier gun control policy to include these weapons. This policy now reads as follows:

The federal government must continue to control the availability of handguns and semiautomatic and automatic weapons because of their frequent use in the commission of violent crimes. The expiration date for the requirement for a five-day waiting period in the Brady Bill should be eliminated. The assault weapons ban should not be repealed.

AARP supported both the Brady bill, passed in November 1993, and the assault weapons ban, which was included in the 1994 crime bill. The Brady Bill institutes a waiting period of five business days for all handgun purchases, providing time to check the purchaser's background. The bill also raises licensing fees for gun dealers and requires that police be notified of any multiple gun purchases. However, the waiting period provision expires after five years, to be replaced with a nationwide "instant-check" system that will screen out felons through the use of computerized criminal records.

The ban on assault weapons outlaws for 10 years the manufacture and possession of 19 assault weapons, as well as copycat models and semiautomatic guns with two or more characteristics associated with assault weapons. The measure also bans ammunition-feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds. AARP would oppose any proposal to repeal the ban on assault weapons or weaken the Brady bill.

Overall, AARP always tries to ensure that policy positions presented before the Congress, Executive Branch, and state legislatures express the views and priorities of a majority of our members. Our policy development process is designed to ensure that the views of our members are solicited and taken into account. For more information about this process, please visit AARP Webplace:

[url]http://www.aarp.org/legipoly.html[/url]

Thanks for visiting AARP Webplace.

Karen AARP Issue Response[/i]

AARP's policies can be downloaded at the link shown above. The gun control section is in Chapter 13 ("Personal and Legal Rights"), starting on page 25.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:26:07 AM EDT
[#1]
This is old shit.  You have to remember that most of the old fuckers in AARP are the same shithead Baby Boomers who inflicted the "the government should just do something" attitude on America.  It's truly amazing that the Worst Generation is the progeny of the Greatest Generation.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:26:04 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife and I got one of the solicitation letters to join AARP(man, we are that old, those @$$holes are just desperate for new members), I $hit canned their letter right away. For some of you that don't know, there are two sides to the AARP, a non-profit and profit side. The man who started this organization(i forget his name), it made him fabulously wealthy to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone should compile figures on medical costs from accidents caused by AARP-aged drivers.  Then use that to get these old bastards off the streets and safely away from "hadgun crime".
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This is old shit.  You have to remember that most of the old fuckers in AARP are the same shithead Baby Boomers who inflicted the "the government should just do something" attitude on America.  It's truly amazing that the Worst Generation is the progeny of the Greatest Generation.
View Quote

A while back I ranted a major diatribe about the evils of the Baby Boomer Generation and got totally flamed.

Collectively, the Baby Boomers have done more to destroy this nation than any other group. They are a bunch of selfish, greedy blowhards that will ultimately wreck this country, only to leave their stinking pile of shit to us GenXers to try and sort out.

Of course, I am not pointing my finger at anyone specifically. But as a group they had better rue the day when GenX is in majority control. You can bet your ass they won't be getting any cush ride in the retirement resort by the time we are done overhauling to try and save this nation from the total mess they have made of it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:47:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The prevalence of violence in some neighborhoods has resulted in many older persons becoming virtual prisoners in their homes. Increasingly, individuals living in the inner city are suffering the loss of children and grandchildren who are the victims of violent crimes and senseless shootings.
View Quote

Sounds like they really need more guns in those neighborhoods.  How many geezers with Garands walking the streets would it take before those people stopped being prisoners in their own homes?  These people need to get out of their houses and on to the rooftops with scoped rifles.  I bet it wouldn't take very long before the bad elements in those neighborhoods relocated.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Now wait a minute. I'm one of the old geezers [:D] and yes I'm a member of AARP. Actually, it's not those of us past 60 who are behind this at the oganizatuion. A liitle math will show you that that, if you date the baby boom from 1945, the boomers aren't 60 yet.  It's opening up membership to anyone from 50 on that's caused this.  

Those of us born before WW2 are far more from the generation of Americans for whom having a gun in the house was a normal part of life.

You're right about the profit making aspects of the group tho. I get half a dozen ads a week for this that and the other, and they all go in the trash. The monthly mag does have some good articles, and when I do go on Medicare in a couple of years, they have the best supplemental insurance programs around.  The rest of it is garbage.

I have written to them twice about their policy on firearms ownership.  No answer either time.[;D]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey I'm an old fuck (52) and I refuse to join these assholes and have told them why .
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I to am getting old (54)but I carry a sig 229 and have a house full of toys and 3 safes full of the good stuff also I'm a aarp member.I do know that this person is NOT talking for me and or a lot of my friends. Guess we as in (old) people have a lot to do. Maybe we can change the laws and change the way SOME of the (Young Old)people think!!!!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Ban old age now!  It's for the childre.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:54:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I would have to say that some old people suck.

These are the old people who were in their prime in the late 60's and early 70's who ARE responsible for a LOT of bad things today.

30 years ago, I would not have said that old people suck.

Old= 70-80 years old
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:55:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hey I'm an old fuck (52) and I refuse to join these assholes and have told them why .
View Quote

and so did I...
I didn't just trash their letter and have them think I was not interested.  I wanted them to know why my family refused their kind offer.

and by the way, if you want to lump me in with the old AND young whiners that think that the world owes you something or that 911 and the gov't will protect you - then fuck you very much.  i've paid and am still payin' my dues.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

A while back I ranted a major diatribe about the evils of the Baby Boomer Generation and got totally flamed.

Collectively, the Baby Boomers have done more to destroy this nation than any other group. They are a bunch of selfish, greedy blowhards that will ultimately wreck this country, only to leave their stinking pile of shit to us GenXers to try and sort out.

Of course, I am not pointing my finger at anyone specifically. But as a group they had better rue the day when GenX is in majority control. You can bet your ass they won't be getting any cush ride in the retirement resort by the time we are done overhauling to try and save this nation from the total mess they have made of it.
View Quote

make sure after you enlightend "unselfish" bastards take over to kill off all those old diabled vietnam combat veterans to...as they will probably keep you from being able to afford a new nintendo.... :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:05:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
All this from GenXers, whose only claim to fame is the lack of a real name for their generation, their confrontational 'in your face' BS (of which the above two posts are perfect examples), etc.  The only thing extreme about GenX is the extreme amount of whining about their parents, the Baby Boomers.

Yeah, GenXers, you make remarks about 'retirement resorts', etc, but when you get older, you will whine louder than anyone ever has about what you are entitled to because you are old now.  People who don't believe that those who have worked their entire life to provide you GenXers with a good life don't deserve some kind of appreciation are screwed up.  GenXers are the first generation of white kids who have bought into the 'entitlement' crap, or the 'I want something for nothing' crap.  GenXers are the ones who are the original 'wiggers'.

Exactly what is it that Baby Boomers have done to make this country a 'stinking pile of shit'?  Only developed the computers and all the other electronics that you GenXers love so much.  Your generation didn't develop them, you have just taken advantage of them and other advances developed by generations other than your own.

Incidentally, when this first came up, I cancelled my membership with AARP and let them know why, the same way I did AOL.  Now that was enjoyable, because they kept calling me with all kinds of free hours to get me to come back and I kept telling them there weren't enough hours in the world to come back and told them exaclty why each time.  In case you don't know, AOL is anti-gun.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The ban on assault weapons outlaws for 10 years the manufacture and possession of 19 assault weapons, as well as copycat models and semiautomatic guns with two or more characteristics associated with assault weapons. The measure also bans ammunition-feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds. AARP would oppose any proposal to repeal the ban on assault weapons or weaken the Brady bill.
View Quote

Check out that last statement - AARP admits that the Assault Weapons Ban sunsets after 10 years, then goes on to say that they oppose any proposal to *repeal* the ban. Since the ban will sunset automatically and there is no effort to repeal or extend it, they just unwittingly supported the sunset. LOL!!

Not that it's surprising since they obviously know nothing about firearms or the law they are writing about. This ignorance is highlighted by the statement about "The measure also bans ammunition-feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds", anybody who knows the 1994 Crime Bill knows that >10 round magazines are not banned, it is the manufacturer of [b]new[/b] >10 round mags to civilians (that imported mags are effectively exempt from).
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:02:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Check out that last statement - AARP admits that the Assault Weapons Ban sunsets after 10 years, then goes on to say that they oppose any proposal to *repeal* the ban. Since the ban will sunset automatically and there is no effort to repeal or extend it, they just unwittingly supported the sunset. LOL!!
View Quote

Yup, that stuck out at me too.  I say let the old duffers remain blissfully ignorant in their false sense of security.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-hahahahaha!

[50]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, that was fun.  Seeing this post got me going.  I declined to renew my membership as noted before, but was still recieving membership renewal literature.  I called them just now and spent 30 minutes on the phone with a young lady telling her what I thought of their position.  She started to spout the VPC- Brady Bunch-HCI lies and I politely but firmly told her they were lies, that the groups admitted they lied to achieve their goal (and it was okay to do so).  I explained that they consider anyone up to 21 as a child, that bad guys killed by cops and law abiding citizens are counted, etc.  She seemed taken aback as if she never gave it much thought before and questioned the policy.  They are sending me a form to submit telling exactly what I think.  I told her that until I see a published announcement of their denouncement of any ties to those groups, that I would never re-join their organization.  She said they took a poll of their members before to see how they felt.  I said I was never asked.  She said it was before I joined.  I suggested they do it again with ALL their members.

Anyone who gets any membership literature should call them and tell them WHY you won't join and I encourage any members of AARP on here to drop your membership and tell them why.  They don't offer enough benefits to override their position on this.  They, nor any other group, could EVER offer enough benefits to override this.  There aren't enough benefits in existence to warrant us ignoring this stance on the part of AARP.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I will be hitting the big 5-0 next month!
I am sure to be contacted by them soon.

We will have quite a little chat then.

Question #1 Where are the FACTS to support the Bullshit that they sent Skibanes buddy?
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Wait till you GenXer's realize we used up all the Social Security money also.....Oh I guess you can't blame all that on us since you vote also.

I can't wait to join AARP and get all those movie and restaurant discounts. If we old A$$ Holes don't join we can't change it. I am sure you GenXer's will have better luck than us.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#20]
I wish I didn't have to comment on this ,but I can't help myself.

I don't think its any secret that the baby boomers are a selfish and narssistic generation.

Come on,the 70's the "me" decade.The 80's the decade of greed.

Their first President somehow managed to embody anything and everything that is rotten in mankind,and yet was"so loved"....

I love what all the "free love" and widespread recreational drug use has done for marriage and families in this country.Not to mention the wholesome products that the babyboom run media puts out these days.(although I do thank you for "this Old House").

Just seems like their spoiled little "revolution"against societal norms has left this country with a giant,shitty hangover.(Although I must admit it spawned some great music.)

Whats with the "PC" movement?

Obviously you can't paint an entire generation,but IMO under babyboom leadership,standards have been lowererd and too much bullshit has been tolerated....Christ, people can't even spank their own kids,muchless discipline them in school.......WTH?
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Well...this is going downhill fast.

I've been called a lot of things in my life but never a, "shithead baby boomer".  Interesting take on a VERY complicated cultural generational issue.

Interesting too that you gen-x’ers that are so pissed off about what a fucked up planet we left you.  So why aren't you out there fixing it?  Before you paint us all with the brush of unhip, stupid, unworthy, selfish geezers...why not take a minute to reconsider your words?

We aren't a perfect generation...just like our folks weren't.  When the call to arms went out...we answered too, just like our fathers did.  Only our war was different.  We couldn't win.

For the most part, we did the best we could, given the circumstances and the times.  We made tons of mistakes...and continue to do so.  I hope that you are as perfect as we are flawed...maybe you guys can fix all that we have damaged.

I am now fifty six years old and feeling every damn day of it.  I am a retired military officer and a disabled vet who was lucky enough to survive Vietnam and Desert Storm.  I make a pretty good living and my taxes help pay for things like your college tuition and social programs that help keep your generation afloat in tough times.  I’m also a member of the NRA and strong advocate of the RKBA.

I and my Baby Boomer, soon to be fifty one year old wife are raising another family because my gen-x son and his estranged gen-x wife are incapable of coping with the responsibility of raising two kids.  With each passing day, Momma and I encounter another couple like ourselves who are raising their grandkids too.

I am concerned that one big difference between your generation and those that preceded you will be your refusal to accept the responsibilities that keep a society healthy and peaceful...like devoted parenthood.

I'd be the first to admit that much of the grief brought down upon our society is due to our lack of a moral compass, our incredibly stupid and dangerous behavior during our teens and twenties.  We are to blame for a lot that is wrong with our society.  In my case, I personally blame myself for my kid’s faults because I was gone so much during my twenty eight year career.  Having said that, my generation also climbed out of the hole and worked our asses off trying to make this place a better world for you ungrateful snots!

Try to understand us geezers.  Do you really think that our generation is an aberration?  Do a bit of cultural-historical research into the '50s, the '60s and the '70s.  What about the influence of the Beats?  What about the influence of Kinsey, or Nietzsche?  What about the drugs?  What about communism on our college campuses?  What about the effects of the women's movement, abortion, the pill?  What about the war in Vietnam?  What about the trashing of the family unit, men in general, the clergy, the police, corporations, the military, and virtually every other traditional institution in America by the media and those on the Left?  Consider the damage done to our country by the, "I HATE America" leftists before you just dump on all of us Boomers.

So don't tell ME how fucked up we are.  You haven't walked in our shoes...yet.  You will though...just like every generation before you.  You’ll be old too one day…looking back more than ahead.  Never think that yours is the first generation to experience the human experience.  Just ain't so!

Shame on you guys.  You know better.  Finally…go look in the mirror.  You are us…

Oh...I forgot...Pink Floyd rules!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Lisa Simpson:  "Didn't you wonder why you were receiving checks for no apparent reason?"

Abe "Grandpa" Simpson: "I thought the Democrats were back in power."
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lisa Simpson:  "Didn't you wonder why you were receiving checks for no apparent reason?"

Abe "Grandpa" Simpson: "I thought the Democrats were back in power."
View Quote

Good one!

[beer]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:09:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
All this from GenXers, whose only claim to fame is the lack of a real name for their generation, their confrontational 'in your face' BS (of which the above two posts are perfect examples), etc.
View Quote

Actually, I was born in '81, so that would make me Gen. Y, not Gen. X (don't make ASSumptions about people you don't know dipstick).  My "in your face" BS comes from the fuckers who came before me that convinced America that the government is the solution to all your woes.  That would be the Baby Boomers.  

The only thing extreme about GenX is the extreme amount of whining about their parents, the Baby Boomers.
View Quote

I think that the destruction inflicted on American social values and American freedom by the BB is a pretty fucking good reason to be pissed off.  I don't whine, I do something about stuff that pisses me off.

Yeah, GenXers, you make remarks about 'retirement resorts', etc, but when you get older, you will whine louder than anyone ever has about what you are entitled to because you are old now.
View Quote

I don't think I made any mention of wealth or retirement resorts in my post.  I suggest you take a class in reading comprehension.  I stated quite clearly what I thought was wrong with BBs, they [b]did[/b] inflict the socialist bullshit attitude on America.

People who don't believe that those who have worked their entire life to provide you GenXers with a good life don't deserve some kind of appreciation are screwed up.  GenXers are the first generation of white kids who have bought into the 'entitlement' crap, or the 'I want something for nothing' crap.
View Quote

Actually, they aren't dipshit.  The Baby Boomers are the first to develop the entitlement crap.  Do yourself a favor and pay real close attention to the political motives of both the Republican and Democratic parties of the '60s and '70s.  

GenXers are the ones who are the original 'wiggers'.
View Quote

So I guess listening to Elvis play black music and watching him dance like a black man makes you white, right?  

Exactly what is it that Baby Boomers have done to make this country a 'stinking pile of shit'?  Only developed the computers and all the other electronics that you GenXers love so much.  Your generation didn't develop them, you have just taken advantage of them and other advances developed by generations other than your own.
View Quote

So I guess enjoyment of the automobile and air travel by the BB is nothing like that right?  I guess the fact that all the guys who developped software and hardware technology into what it is circa 2002 are in their late 20s and 30s means that "somebody else" developped it right?

Incidentally, when this first came up, I cancelled my membership with AARP and let them know why, the same way I did AOL.  Now that was enjoyable, because they kept calling me with all kinds of free hours to get me to come back and I kept telling them there weren't enough hours in the world to come back and told them exaclty why each time.  In case you don't know, AOL is anti-gun.
View Quote

Actually I do know AOL is anti-gun, but I was never stupid enough to pay for their "service" in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Got this e-mail from my dad, hes older than the boomers. This seem a good place for this..
SSD

Let's Hear It for the Seniors
Senior citizens are constantly being criticized for every conceivable deficiency of the modern world, real or imaginary.  We know we take responsibility for all we have done and do not blame others.

BUT, upon reflection, we would like to point out that it was NOT the senior citizens who took:
The melody out of music,
The pride out of appearance,
The romance out of love,
The commitment out of marriage,
The responsibility out of parenthood,
The togetherness out of the family,
The learning out of education,
The service out of patriotism,
The religion out of school,
The Golden Rule from rulers,
The nativity scene out of cities,
The civility out of behavior,
The refinement out of language,
The dedication out of employment,
The prudence out of spending, or
The ambition out of achievement,
And we certainly are NOT the ones who eliminated patience and tolerance from personal relationships and interactions with others!!

Does anyone under the age of 50 know the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner?  Just look at the Seniors with tears in their eyes and pride in their hearts as they stand at attention with their hand over their hearts!

Remember.......Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck happened!

YES, I'M A SENIOR CITIZEN!
the life of the party...even if it lasts until 8 p.m.
I'm very good at opening childproof caps with a hammer.
I'm usually interested in going home before I get to where I am going.
I'm awake many hours before my body allows me to get up.
I'm smiling all the time because I can't hear a thing you're saying.
I'm very good at telling stories; over and over and over and over...
I'm aware that other people's grandchildren are not as cute as mine.
I'm so cared for -- long term care, eye care, private care, dental care.

I'm not grouchy, I just don't like traffic, waiting, crowds, lawyers, loud music, unruly kids, Toyota commercials, Tom Brokaw, Dan Rather, barking dogs, politicians and a few other things I can't remember.
I'm sure everything I can't find is in a secure place.
I'm wrinkled, saggy, lumpy, and that's just my left leg.
I'm having trouble remembering simple words like.......
I'm realizing that aging is not for wimps.
I'm sure they are making adults much younger these days, and when did they let kids become policemen?
I'm wondering, if you're only as old as you feel, how could I be alive at 150?
I'm a walking storeroom of facts.....I've just lost the key to the storeroom door.

Now- Have I already sent this to you???????
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#26]
LWilde -

A tip of my just turned 50 hat to you.

We fought, and still fight, the good fight.

We may not have always won - but we still fight.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#27]
This is why I didn't really want too post.

I don't think all you guys are assholes or have created a "shit pile"(I know,your honored right?[:)])

I've just seen my family(and not just my little nuclear familiy,but my extended family)and lots of our family friends devastated by drugs and divorce.Now I guess I could just be from a long line of white trash slugs.But I don't think so.My grandfather was a hard working,nice man.Several other folks in my family are hard working regular people.

I've worked my entire life(I'm 32),pay my taxes and try to do the right thing.And yes I've had my time with substance abuse,just decided after a while that it wasn't leading anywhere positive.

Anyhow ,I agree that there are alot of people out there that are having babies and can't or won't take car of them.Some of these people might not know what an intact family is or never had a personal example of one.Not that thats an excuse,its just a fact.And we all know that drug use destroys all in its path and is handed down.I also agree that the left has played a big part.The nanny state is,I guess ,where these people run too, instead of figuring things out themselves and putting in the work.

I do appreciate anyone thats ever put their life on the line for this country,I just wish they'd quit using it as an excuse.There are guys runnin around gettin high,who gave up on life not because they went,but because the thought of going was so terrifying.

The politics in the world were so different after WW2.There could be no more real victory,at least defined like before.Think the guys that fought in Korea felt that was a complete,competent adventure?Look at Desert Storm.Although not the same shitty situation for the man on the ground,are the politics much different?Fight to a line on a map,then leave the same assholes in charge on the other side indefinatly.

Your right,the baby boom has done lots of good,we're on top of the world here,the richest nation on earth.I just hope that genX can rise to the occassion and keep America on top.

I don't know what the hells gonna happen to that pyramid scheme we call social security when you all stop working.Better start savin,cause there'll be more of you than us.[:)]

GenX needs to start creating some decent music.I hope we're not the generation known for killing rock and roll,but it isn't looking too good.[:)]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 5:28:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
LWilde -

A tip of my just turned 50 hat to you.

We fought, and still fight, the good fight.

We may not have always won - but we still fight.

Mike
View Quote

Well said, Sir.  Your's and SSD's post above say it all.  I just wish the spoiled whiners posting the vicious attacks on us Old Timers would take a moment to reflect on their world.  I fear that history is totally lost on them.  If they became aware of why we all are the way that we are in our daily lives, I think they would stop the blame game and tone down their inflammatory rhetoric.

Like I said before to the young grumps taking a shot at my generation, "Go look in the mirror."  "You are us!"  "You will be here one day too."

(OneoftheGrumpyOldMen)LWilde  [BD]
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 8:39:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Too young to be a boomer, too old to be an X'er.
So when Gen-X takes over everyone will be a slacker listening to rap music wearing their baggy pants and ballcaps sideways and they will love Hillery Clinton.
God, its already happened!
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:23:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
All this from GenXers, whose only claim to fame is the lack of a real name for their generation, their confrontational 'in your face' BS (of which the above two posts are perfect examples), etc.
View Quote

Actually, I was born in '81, so that would make me Gen. Y, not Gen. X (don't make ASSumptions about people you don't know dipstick).  My "in your face" BS comes from the fuckers who came before me that convinced America that the government is the solution to all your woes.  That would be the Baby Boomers.
View Quote
Actually, that has happened in the last 15 years of so.  That would be the GenXers.  GenX, GenY, still a noname generation.  Same fucked up attitude.  Who decided where X stopped and Y started.  I see no difference.  Watch your mouth with ASSumed and dipstick.  

The only thing extreme about GenX is the extreme amount of whining about their parents, the Baby Boomers.
View Quote

I think that the destruction inflicted on American social values and American freedom by the BB is a pretty fucking good reason to be pissed off.  I don't whine, I do something about stuff that pisses me off.
View Quote
Like what?  All I see is whining.  Again, the social values, etc have really gone down the tubes in the last 15 years or so.  GenX and GenY.  Basically, GenX and GenY have it so much easier than ANY previous generation and I don't see why they are so disgruntled.  For the most part, everything is given to them.

Yeah, GenXers, you make remarks about 'retirement resorts', etc, but when you get older, you will whine louder than anyone ever has about what you are entitled to because you are old now.
View Quote

I don't think I made any mention of wealth or retirement resorts in my post.  I suggest you take a class in reading comprehension.  I stated quite clearly what I thought was wrong with BBs, they [b]did[/b] inflict the socialist bullshit attitude on America.
View Quote
Actually it was quoted in by BenDover, who I also quoted in my post.  Maybe, YOU need a lesson in reading comprehension.  Go reread my post.  Again, the generation that has the 'entitlement' attitude was the original 'wiggers', the GenXers.  GenY seems to be doing a good job of it, too.

People who don't believe that those who have worked their entire life to provide you GenXers with a good life don't deserve some kind of appreciation are screwed up.  GenXers are the first generation of white kids who have bought into the 'entitlement' crap, or the 'I want something for nothing' crap.
View Quote

Actually, they aren't dipshit.  The Baby Boomers are the first to develop the entitlement crap.  Do yourself a favor and pay real close attention to the political motives of both the Republican and Democratic parties of the '60s and '70s.
View Quote
Ah, but GenX and GenY who have adopted the attitude for themselves.  The idea was to help minorities who needed help, an idea that went awry.  GenX and GenY are the first white kids who want to act like minorities.  

GenXers are the ones who are the original 'wiggers'.
View Quote

So I guess listening to Elvis play black music and watching him dance like a black man makes you white, right?
View Quote
Couldn't stand Elvis.  And when we listened to R&B, we didn't try to look and act the part.  

View Quote

So I guess enjoyment of the automobile and air travel by the BB is nothing like that right?  I guess the fact that all the guys who developped software and hardware technology into what it is circa 2002 are in their late 20s and 30s means that "somebody else" developped it right?
View Quote
Not the same.  We never bragged about how we were so much better and smarter than previous generations and tried to take credit for things we didn't do, like I see GenXers and GenYers do.

View Quote

Actually I do know AOL is anti-gun, but I was never stupid enough to pay for their "service" in the first place.
View Quote
Oh, you are so much smarter than the rest of us.  Perhaps the fact that AOL is anti-gun came out before you ever signed up for an ISP.  The rest of us didn't have that tidbit of news when we signed up and when it came out, we dropped them.

You need to stop the name calling and the insults.  You are doing exactly what I mentioned about your generation and proving my point.  You are 21 years old this year.  You have a lot of living and learning to do before you start bad mouthing other generations, especially behind the security and anonymity of a keyboard.  Ours and previous generations made this the greatest country on earth, not yours.  I just hope that your generation can sustain that.  You bitch about us, but look at your generation's seeming lack of respect for anything.  There is no excuse for that.  Maybe is is not all of you, but it sure seems prevalent.

Actually, the problem with ANY generation is the liberals.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 9:26:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Those of us born before WW2 are far more from the generation of Americans for whom having a gun in the house was a normal part of life.
[;D]
View Quote
Most of us born in the '40s after WWII fit this category too.  Most baby boomers were raised this way.  All this crap against guns didn't start until the '80s.  Again, liberals of ANY generation are the problem.  It's really not a generational thing, it's the liberals against moderates and conservatives.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#32]
LarryG,

You point fingers with the best of em.

But I think you got it right in your last post.There are assholes and liberals(maybe they're one in the same?)infesting every generation.

Just a little FYI,when I was growing up we entertained ourselves outdoors.Grew up with guns .Used our imagination,and read books,ect.....

Cable TV,video games and all that crap came along later when I was in JH,so life when I was a kid probably wasn't much different than when you were.

I personally believe that kids growing up with all these mind numbing distractions makes the end product just alittle different.

I would like to reserve the right to blame you and yours for any falures or hardships I might experience in the future......OK? [:D]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 4:06:42 AM EDT
[#33]
LarryG:  You are operating on an extraordinarily limited level of knowledge, discussion with you is entirely pointless.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Well let's see;  we've had Gen X and  Gen Y. I guess my 5 year old will be Gen Z. What comes after Z???

Nothing?  Oh boy, that's an interesting thought![;D]
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
LarryG:  You are operating on an extraordinarily limited level of knowledge, discussion with you is entirely pointless.
View Quote
Let's see.  You're 21 and telling me that my level of knowledge is limited.  You just proved everything I said about your generations attitude to be true.  I have forgotten more than you will ever know.  I served my country in the military, which I doubt you will ever do, and I never asked for any handout or any other kind of socialism.  

This started as a thread about a particular organization and you and BenDover turn it into a slamfest at older folks, typical of the 'attitude' that you and your type are so proud of.  Proved my point entirely.  Not all GenX and GenY folks are like you and do respect some things, including their elders.   You exemplify everything that is wrong with X and Y and have no respect for anything, don't know squat about anything (yet ridicule others for their 'limited knowledge'), and are always in somebodies face, at least on the internet.  This pile of shit world that BenDover referred to is a damn sight better than when we were growing up, with the exception of more YOUNG liberals.  We grew up under the threat of nuclear war at any time (the Cold War), we did not have the conveniences that you grew up with, and we worked if we wanted a car, etc instead of mommy and daddy handing it to us.  Granted, many X and Y persons have had to work for what they want, but a much higher percentage, most likely including you (given your spoiled brat rantings) are given just about everything.  For someone like BenDover to say that we better 'rue the day' is quite arrogant and just more 'attitude'.  

Baby Boomers haven't destroyed this nation.  When the entertainment industry started catering to the taste of radical, wigger, Xers and Yers is when music, TV, and movies went down the tubes.  From those things has come a lot of the acceptance of socialism and the marked increase in violence.  Your generation is far more violent than any generation has ever been.  We could take guns to school when we were growing up and no one shot up the schools.  Why is your generation the one shooting up schools and how is that our fault?

Instead of generalizations about us leaving a 'pile of shit' country, how about expounding with specific examples and explain how your generation's violence is our fault.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 8:30:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
LarryG,

You point fingers with the best of em.

But I think you got it right in your last post.There are assholes and liberals(maybe they're one in the same?)infesting every generation.

Just a little FYI,when I was growing up we entertained ourselves outdoors.Grew up with guns .Used our imagination,and read books,ect.....

Cable TV,video games and all that crap came along later when I was in JH,so life when I was a kid probably wasn't much different than when you were.

I personally believe that kids growing up with all these mind numbing distractions makes the end product just alittle different.

I would like to reserve the right to blame you and yours for any falures or hardships I might experience in the future......OK? [:D]
View Quote
Just responding to a finger pointing, attitude filled, rant against an entire generation by someone who isn't old enough to have a clue about anything.  They are the first generation that I can recall that blames an entire generation for a 'shit pile' country and don't appreciate that we just tried to make their life easier.  Yeah, my generation rebelled a little, but we did not blame our parents for everything that was wrong or when we got our dumb asses in trouble, because at 21 we did not know everything, as every 21 year old throughtout history has believed they do.  We rebelled in a non-violent manner for the most part and weren't always in someone's face, in fact we mostly just wanted to be left alone.  It seems that those that sound like the person I am having a running discourse with have really bought into the liberal BS of:

'It's not my fault, it is always someone else who causes my problems. I will blame someone else including an entire generation'.
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Let's see.  You're 21 and telling me that my level of knowledge is limited.  You just proved everything I said about your generations attitude to be true.
View Quote

No it doesn't.  It proves that I'm unwilling to have a discussion with somebody who is completely unable to recognize the faults of his own generation.

I have forgotten more than you will ever know.
View Quote

That's a pretty presumptuous statement.

I served my country in the military, which I doubt you will ever do,
View Quote

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?  You served in the military so you somehow know more than everybody else?  Whatever buddy.  Known a lot of military guys, and I found that there are just as many stupid people in the military as there are in the civilian world.

and I never asked for any handout or any other kind of socialism.
View Quote

Neither have I.  

This started as a thread about a particular organization and you and BenDover turn it into a slamfest at older folks, typical of the 'attitude' that you and your type are so proud of.
View Quote

I slammed the one generation that did more to fuck over this nation than anybody else.  The entitlement generation was YOU!  If anything your "type" is to blame for my generation; you bitch about how bad and disrespectful my generation is, well, you are the fuckers who raised us, so whose fault is that?

Proved my point entirely.  Not all GenX and GenY folks are like you and do respect some things, including their elders.
View Quote

You don't fucking know me shitbag, so don't pull that shit.  I don't respect people who fuck others over.  I respect those who deserve it, including my elders, that doesn't mean that I grovel at their fucking feet and take everything they say or do as infallible.

You exemplify everything that is wrong with X and Y and have no respect for anything, don't know squat about anything (yet ridicule others for their 'limited knowledge'), and are always in somebodies face, at least on the internet.
View Quote

You don't even G-D know me.  That proves my point.  You are willing to make suppositions with no knowledge of what you speak.

This pile of shit world that BenDover referred to is a damn sight better than when we were growing up, with the exception of more YOUNG liberals.
View Quote

Who raised them?  It was the BB generation abdicating it's responsibility to raise its children to the state that allowed the liberals in the school systems to infect their minds.

We grew up under the threat of nuclear war at any time (the Cold War), we did not have the conveniences that you grew up with, and we worked if we wanted a car, etc instead of mommy and daddy handing it to us.
View Quote

Well isn't that fucking special.  Things ain't any damn different today (except the Cold War, but Ronald Reagan was not in your generation any damn way).  I had to work to buy my car; I have to pay my way through school and pay a mortgage.  There is nothing fucking special about you.

Granted, many X and Y persons have had to work for what they want, but a much higher percentage, most likely including you (given your spoiled brat rantings) are given just about everything.
View Quote

Thanks for proving my comment about "limited knowledge" correct, again.  I've been given nothing.  I worked for everything I have, so fuck you.

For someone like BenDover to say that we better 'rue the day' is quite arrogant and just more 'attitude'.
View Quote

You're a fine one to talk about arrogance.

Baby Boomers haven't destroyed this nation.  When the entertainment industry started catering to the taste of radical, wigger, Xers and Yers is when music, TV, and movies went down the tubes.
View Quote

And who runs the entertainment industry?  I give you one guess, and the answer isn't Gen. X or Y.

From those things has come a lot of the acceptance of socialism and the marked increase in violence.  Your generation is far more violent than any generation has ever been.
View Quote

So that's why crime is consistently going down right?  You are full of shit.

We could take guns to school when we were growing up and no one shot up the schools.  Why is your generation the one shooting up schools and how is that our fault?
View Quote

I went to a military school.  We had guns.  Nobody was ever shot.  Furthermore, school shootings have been going down for the last ten years.  Go to [url]www.ncjrs.org[/url] and educate yourself before posting, you'll look a lot whole sight less stupid.

And it was your generation who raised us, so I'd say that a perceived lack of social values in my generation would be the fault of those responsible for imparting them.

Instead of generalizations about us leaving a 'pile of shit' country, how about expounding with specific examples and explain how your generation's violence is our fault.
View Quote

Hmmmm.....  I don't need specifics, because I never made the claim (except for responding to this post).  I blame your generation for the entitlement mentality that gripped this nation.  I never once made comparisons that would indicate my generation was superior (something that an ignorant, arrogant ass like you is perfectly willing to do), I did however, state that BBs are responsible for entitlement.  The hippies and the political climate of the 60s and 70s is what gave us socialism is this nation.  You state that my generation is only interested in getting things for free (an unrespresentative generalization), but just who voted for the people that passed these bills that give us stuff for free?  Which generation was it that believed they should reap the benefits of the nation (college tuition programs and daddy's checkbook) without having to give back in a time of need (Vietnam)?

You are completely unable to see the failings of your own generation.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top