Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/6/2012 4:20:11 AM EDT

you bashers will love this one!

HOA Installs Radar, Issues Speeding Tickets

November 5, 2012  By Chris Morran  

With no one but themselves to police the speed limits of their gated a
community, a homeowners association in Colorado has set up a radar
system and begun issuing tickets to speeders.

Drivers caught violating the max. 30 mph speed limit in the community
will be subject for fines from anywhere from $15 to $100, depending on
how fast they are driving.

If the violating driver is a visitor of the subdivision, their ticket
will be given to whichever homeowner they are visiting at the time.

As you might expect with most HOA restrictions, some residents are not thrilled.

"It’s just a little bit overboard for a private community to be policing themselves,” one homeowner tells CBS Denver.

Another resident, who says she was almost hit twice in a night by speeding cars is still against the measure.

<snip>

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Here where I live they do this in at least one gated community that I know of.  I didnt think this was new.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Destroy it or move...
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:25:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Private road, I have no problem with this.  They can do as they wish.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:25:34 AM EDT
[#4]
No HOA for me.  Don't have to put up with that asshattery.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:25:35 AM EDT
[#5]
and what happens if the visitor tells them to fuck off and wont say who they are visiting?
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:25:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:26:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here where I live they do this in at least one gated community that I know of.  I didnt think this was new.

Same here.

One of the local gated communities has armed security, license plate recognition cameras and several photo radar cameras.
They also copy your license, registration and insurance at the gate.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:26:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The other extreme is foil or bed sheets for curtains, knee high lawns, and El Caminos on milk crates...
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:27:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Amen

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:27:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
and what happens if the visitor tells them to fuck off and wont say who they are visiting?

And do HOAs have authority to issue speeding tickets? If it is a private road, would mall security have the ability to cite speeders within the parking lots?

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:28:33 AM EDT
[#11]
HOA's are for people who just don't have enough government interference in their lives already.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They don't let you past the gate and any effort to do so makes your actions criminal trespass and the police are called.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:28:43 AM EDT
[#13]
My gated community has it's own police department that is funded by the HOA.  But its legit police with authority to arrest and all... so not quite the same as the HOA writing speeding tickets.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:29:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Who the hell would pull over for them?

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:29:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Too late, they already told security when they got let in.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:29:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I guess that's better than speed bumps every 100yds.  Damn I hate speed bumps.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:30:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Homeowners will be fined for their friends too?  Yeah right.  See you in court.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:30:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The other extreme is foil or bed sheets for curtains, knee high lawns, and El Caminos on milk crates...

Hey! This is Murica dammit!

If I want to put a functioning outhouse in my front yard and render pig fat in the back while collecting non running Camaros on the street out front I don't need no HOA telling me otherwise.

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who the hell would pull over for them?

See above.

People pay to live in gated communities to avoid unwanted visitors. So there is a gate and a guard with a phone.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:33:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  But I live on five wooded acres on a private road with three neighbors whose houses are worth at least $250,000 more than mine.  I'm the redneck on the block.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:33:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If they agreed to it when they signed the bylaws, they yes they would.

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:34:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's probably always been that way in their community.  My HOA book says I'm responsible for my visitors following the rules.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:35:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Destroy it or move...

it would be done in 24 hours
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:38:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Fuck HOA's and Fuck BHO

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:39:37 AM EDT
[#25]
DEPLOY COUNTER MEASURES!!!!

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:39:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:39:45 AM EDT
[#27]
target practice
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:40:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Meh....They paid for it, let them live their "dream".  

They will be the first to fall when the SHTF. After all if they have gates they must have something worth taking or at least that's how the roving bands of thugs will see it.

I view gated communities as buffers. The thugs will wear themselves out fucking their womenz, wasting ammo on them, and hauling their shit away. Gives others with more of a eye towards personal freedom more time.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Then they are trespassing.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:46:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
DEPLOY COUNTER MEASURES!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOpazY8K6qk

Ok, I LOL'd a little.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They aren't trespassing until they are asked to leave and refuse.

The correct answer though, is that when asked whom they are visiting, it is then time to urinate on someone.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:48:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad those are the extremes. I dont have either of the examples, and wouldnt tolerate either.

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:49:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey! This is Murica dammit!

If I want to put a functioning outhouse in my front yard and render pig fat in the back while collecting non running Camaros on the street out front I don't need no HOA telling me otherwise.

I live in a neighborhood in GA with no HOA  and there are zero cars on crates....whomever decides to live in a HOA deserves what they get.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:49:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My kind of neighborhood.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:51:00 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

They will be the first to fall when the SHTF. After all if they have gates they must have something worth taking or at least that's how the roving bands of thugs will see it.

I view gated communities as buffers. The thugs will wear themselves out fucking their womenz, wasting ammo on them, and hauling their shit away. Gives others with more of a eye towards personal freedom more time.

This is one way to look at it.  In my HOA (I am a board member as well) it would be the other way.  We kind of think we can take care of ourselves...witht that said though I have never experinced the level of asshattery I see from HOA's on the two coasts.

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:53:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Get several people to came in and speed. Say they are visiting
one of the board members.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:53:29 AM EDT
[#37]
double

Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:54:51 AM EDT
[#38]
I always find these HOA threads to be entertaining and confusing at the same time.  I assume everyone on this board is a freedom loving person and big supporter of the 2nd.
Yet we have a lot of members who pay to live under the heavy thumb of little dictators running these HOA's.  Their lackeys run around with clipboards, cameras and tape measures to check your grass height, make sure your trash cans are hidden from sight and all the other stupid rules you will find in HOA's.  I dont understand paying to live under tons of rules and retrictions
Dont give me the stupid reason of "It ensures my neighbors have a nice yard and house"  Move out to the country then and you wont have to worry about any of that.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They aren't trespassing until they are asked to leave and refuse.

The correct answer though, is that when asked whom they are visiting, it is then time to urinate on someone.

If you don't tell them who you are visiting they don't let you through the gate.

You do of course understand what a gated community is?
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:56:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is one way to look at it.  In my HOA (I am a board member as well) it would be the other way.  We kind of think we can take care of ourselves...witht that said though I have never experinced the level of asshattery I see from HOA's on the two coasts.

LOL....If you all are bad-asses what do you need a gate for?

I like the ones I see in NOVA that are slam in the middle of the MS-13 types. I'm sure their rent-a-cop will hold them off.....If he wakes-up in time.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 4:56:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I always find these HOA threads to be entertaining and confusing at the same time.  I assume everyone on this board is a freedom loving person and big supporter of the 2nd.
Yet we have a lot of members who pay to live under the heavy thumb of little dictators running these HOA's.  Their lackeys run around with clipboards, cameras and tape measures to check your grass height, make sure your trash cans are hidden from sight and all the other stupid rules you will find in HOA's.  I dont understand paying to live under tons of rules and retrictions
Dont give me the stupid reason of "It ensures my neighbors have a nice yard and house"  Move out to the country then and you wont have to worry about any of that.

My city has code enforcement officers that do the same thing.  I got a nice letter in the mail while I was in the desert with a picure of the snow I hadn't shoveled from the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:00:24 AM EDT
[#42]
If the homeowners don't like it they should vote out the board.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:03:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A little bit of a pain in the ass is worth it if it means not having my property value go to shit because the neighbor decides to decorate their yard with 20 half assembled Camaros.  And not everyone wants to live in the country.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:06:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I would speed through there multiple times a day and report that I was visiting the president of the HOA.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:09:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I would speed through there multiple times a day and report that I was visiting the president of the HOA.

They wouldn't let you in if the president didn't tell the guards you were coming  At least that's how my neighborhood works
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:10:19 AM EDT
[#46]
I would have all my pizza deliveries made to a neighbor or the pres of the HOA.  
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:10:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

you bashers will love this one!

HOA Installs Radar, Issues Speeding Tickets

November 5, 2012  By Chris Morran  

With no one but themselves to police the speed limits of their gated a community, a homeowners association in Colorado has set up a radar system and begun issuing tickets to speeders.
Drivers caught violating the max. 30 mph speed limit in the community will be subject for fines from anywhere from $15 to $100, depending on how fast they are driving.

If the violating driver is a visitor of the subdivision, their ticket will be given to whichever homeowner they are visiting at the time.

As you might expect with most HOA restrictions, some residents are not thrilled.

"It’s just a little bit overboard for a private community to be policing themselves,” one homeowner tells CBS Denver.

Another resident, who says she was almost hit twice in a night by speeding cars is still against the measure.

<snip>

I'd be sure to visit all of the Nazi's on the HOA board, repeatedly, and at very high speed.
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:11:17 AM EDT
[#48]
What round for HOA radar?
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:11:18 AM EDT
[#49]
onem ore reason i will NEVER live in a HOA
Link Posted: 11/6/2012 5:12:42 AM EDT
[#50]
FUCK HOA's
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top