Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2001 9:11:45 PM EDT
For all you other night owls:

The Navy Seals documentry is playng on the Discovery channel right now. MIDNIGHT [b]CENTRAL TIME[/b]

Army Rangers is on next.

These are not the same as the History channel specials.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Kevin, I wasn't sure if I could survive Bebe's Kids again.

Jake
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the "heads up"

[sniper]
The Sniper
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 11:46:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Did anybody notice that the majority the SEALs were using an A2 carry handle instead of batery powered sights? Just thought that was kind of interesting. Also, can someone tell me the difference between a 727 carbine and an m4?
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 11:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
stenmk1,
  Yes, most high speed operators use standard iron sights, why? because in a combat situation you do not want your battery powered sights to go dead, you don't want your trijicon to be fucked up somehow, and the main reason the K.I.S.S. principle. The less you have to worry about the better off you are. Besides your mind WILL NOT allow you to focus on your sights when faced with immediated danger, i.e. bad guy pops out of bush 10 ft. in front of you. Your mind is hard wired to the threat and you cannot take your eyes off to look at your sights. That is why most training schools teach their students to shoot targets(close range) without using your sights. Obviously this concept does not apply to snipers, or when engaging targets at a distance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top