Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2002 6:51:07 PM EDT
I'll be taking my CCW test saturday the 10th. I was just wondering what to expect.

What distances do you have to shoot from?
Do you have to shoot from the hip?
What sort of questions are on the test?

I'm just curious about what I'm gonna come across saturday.

Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:54:32 PM EDT
[#1]
In AZ there was a 5 yard qual with no time limit.

I qualified with my 1911 with  a group you could cover with a quarter.

There were still people who passed with targets that looked like double ought buck patterns.

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan on using a 1911 also. I heard that the qualifying was 7', 14', and 25' but I'm not sure about it.

It may be different in TN but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Just took the class this last weekend.
Qualifying was 5 shots at 5 yards, 5 shots at 10 yards, no time limit. Target was a TQ15E, 14"x16"target area.
Some of the folks there in the class had to try three times to qualify. Scary to think they will be walking around armed and will probably never take any more classes or training.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:48:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Im pretty sure it depends on where you are taking the test.  Im not entirely sure if there is a 'set rule' for the test.  I know one guy that had to shoot at 3 yards, 7 yards, 15 yards, had to shoot with one hand, two hands, and off hand.  Know another guy that took the test at a different place and only had to shoot at 10 yards.  

But dont quote me on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top