Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2002 10:18:03 AM EDT
I saw a thread regarding LOTR...well, here are the nitty-gritty details on it according to Playboy:

-To be released Nov. 12
-$80 (!)
-Five Disks
-30 extra minutes
-Trading Cards (nausea...)
-Figurines (barf...)
-A new version of the National Geographic Beyond the Movie special. (Catch it on PBS...)

Two disks for the movie, two disks for extra material, and one for the heart-stopping National Geograpic special.

THANKFULLY, there is a $40 version of the re-release as well, which nixes the friggin figurines, cards, and the National Geographic disk.

Damn well better be DTS encoded as well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#2]
i watched the movie last night for the first
time. 2 thumbs up, i thought it was great.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn LOTR is one long boring fucking movie!!  

Give me a rifle and shoot everybody already....for Christ sakes, nuke the damn ring and be done with all.

Damn

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I have to agree. The movie was good in big screen at the theatres. But to watch it at home is just boring.  I have a great entertainment center and a big screen tv, but DAMN...It is a long and boring movie....
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Why don't all you guys just go watch your favorite VanDam or Rambo movie, with no story to back up the action, and let us enjoy our favorite, origin-of-the-genre, literature come to life.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
If the orcs had AK-47's and the fellowship had M-16's, i'd bet they like it then.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Damn LOTR is one long boring fucking movie!!  

Give me a rifle and shoot everybody already....for Christ sakes, nuke the damn ring and be done with all.

Damn

Sgtar15
View Quote

Perfect
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top