Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2001 8:17:44 PM EDT
I was watching a special about Navy Seals and they said they did not use M4's, but a m727 colt carbine. It looked like a M4 but it had a rail system and most of the time they never even used any attached anything to them.
   I was wondering anybody ever hear of this weapon and\or have used one?

Khayman

Link Posted: 4/6/2001 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The 727 was issued before they got the M4.The 727 is no longer an issue weapon and everyone now gets the M4.

Greg
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 8:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahh so it was prototype of sorts. Interesting, thatnks for the info.

Khayman
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#3]
But I am curious as to the actual differences between the two.
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 1:07:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The 727 is a SAFE, SEMI, AUTO with an A2 upper that has the feedramps. IMHO it is a much better weapon than a regular M4 for CQB.

I do not like the detachable carry handle because it adds to the Murphy factor.
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Colt has used so darn many model numbers, it takes an engineering degree to just keep track of everything. Per Colt's LE catalog, their non-military / LE version of the issue M4A1 is either the model R0777 or R0977. Both are very similar in all respects to the military issued M4A1's, complete with all the new M4 improvements. ( M4 = 3rd burst / M4A1 = full auto. ) The R0777 has a non-detachable handle, where the R0977's is detachable to allow more simplified mounting of various optics & night vision devices. I hope this has been of some assistance to you. Regards,   Dom Pastore Jr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top