Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2002 5:07:30 AM EDT
You may have misunderstood my colorful language. My ONLY point was responding as to why PD's are sometimes unable to spend as much time as we would like responding to a legitimate police call. We have allowed ourselves to become so helpless that society believes that every little problem requires someone else to rescue us.My list was to explain that. I also was trying to show how a little bit of responsability can prevent alot of problems.

As to your assesment of my temperment and job performance. I have a personnel file loaded with thank you letters from people I've helped, letters of commendation from the chief, and enough ribbons to fill several dress Blauers. This file does not contain one formal complaint from a civilian. I must be doing something right. I'm not being immodest, you opened that can of worms.

I don't understant the hostility towards LEO's. I don't know of another profession other than a professional athlete, or an entertainer that requires as much scruitiny and second guessing.We deal with good people at their worst,and bad people the rest of the time.

My references to dumb asses etc was only to make the point as to how little most people are able to cope with life's problems. Everything is NOT a police matter. My rant did not include legitimate calls for service. My rant involved easily preventable situations and eliminating crimes of opportunity.

Vass, I'm sure you would be fun to go out with for a beer or to the range, I'm just really tired of the constant cop bashing lately on this site.

PS. My spell check isn't working. I apologize for any errors, I just worked mids!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:12:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:28:54 AM EDT
[#2]
MMSig,

Truce it is, brotha. Misunderstandings don't have to be a war.

Couple weeks ago my car got jacked. Went to the station, filled out the report...It was almost sad how happy the cop behind the desk was to see a nice, sober guy come in.

There were 2 fat women screaming at each other in the lobby, "You best respeck me!" type shit, with a cop in the middle, and the cop is going, "you can't call us every time you get in an argument with your sister". A few minutes later, a drunken illegal strolled in, beaten to shit, because he decided it was a terrific idea to take a piss in the street...right in front of the projects. He didn't think to run, piss or no, when he saw 20 kids in white t-shirts and jeans walking towards him.

So yes, I empathize. Still, the "Move along, Citizen" attitude from alot of local yokels, which in my life has been most of my contact (didn't always live in the 'hood....Wallstreet West commute, couldn't resist) is a bit too much.

People looking for babysitters, no. People who very well MAY have fucked up and are desperate for help, play nice! :)

And Doublefeed, give me a break! I wasn't post-trolling and didn't have a chance to jump on before you did. Don't become your namesake, an annoyance, easily cleared ;)

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:36:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top