Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2002 9:58:19 PM EDT
What a fraud!

There are actually people out there believing this stuff is magical.

I see them downing a Red Bull before a sports performance and telling others about how much better they feel.

Me? Give me coffee. I'll have a beer when I'm done!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:20:45 PM EDT
[#1]
red bull does work, its not magical or anything, just a bunch of caffine, as far as alcohol goes, put them together.

Jagermeister shot, drop it(shot glass and all) into a glass of redbull and slam, MMMMMMMMMMMM SO GOOD !!!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What does that stuff taste like anyway?
View Quote

It has a fizzy, tart, metallic/vitaminy taste to it. I kind of like it, but it's overpriced.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:25:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Tastes like liquid SweeTart.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]
It doesn't do a damn thing for me, as far as the claims the company makes.  I don't believe them to be true anyway.  

I do love the taste though.  Whoever concocted this stuff should be recognized and given some kind of award.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There are actually people out there believing this stuff is magical.

View Quote

Part of it is, there really is abit of caffeine in there. How much? Not more than a cup of coffee. With the coffee I sometimes drink, I dare say Red Bull has no more caffeine per unit volume than a good (or bad, depending on your viewpoint) robusta.

A significant part of it is the power of suggestion, the power it has over us. If you're ignorant on how caffeine affects your body, and the composition of Red Bull, you're far more suggestable to this.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, your friends who find Red Bull magical will find a placebo just as magical.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:55:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree about being overpriced.  It was $1.35/can at the shopette in Germany, saw some at a gas station a week ago, $2.30/can.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:31:57 AM EDT
[#8]
In defense of Red Bull I have to say that it cures the almighty hangover in conjunction with a cup of coffee.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:40:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Now you tell me.  I had an awful one today.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 1:02:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I mix buy a 6 pack of them and mix 2 or 3 of em into a big cup with some jack or crown or something similar
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:30:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Two words:  JOLT COLA!
[img]http://www.joltcola.com/Graphics/JoltLogo.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top