Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2002 6:36:47 PM EDT
How do I go about initiating a lien/claim against a corporation that has filed for bankruptcy without hiring an attorney?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Quickly, file a Proof of Claim in the Clerk's Office of the Bankruptcy Court in which the corporation's bankruptcy is pending!

Time is of the essence, so please contact me if you need a blank Proof of Claim form to file!

Are you an unpaid employee? What sort of claim do you have?

IM me or e-mail to [email protected]!

Eric The(BankruptcyLawyer)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I may have to do the same thing soon.  My company owes me ~$3500 in unpaid expenses and it appears as if they may file Chapter 11 soon.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:42:17 PM EDT
[#3]
EricTheHun.

It is against "Vanguard Airline".  They're based in Kansas City, MO.  Vanguard lost my baggage and was willing to reimburse 1/3 of my original cost BEFORE they filed for bankruptcy.  I have not received any payment as yet.

Here's my original topic

[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=136607[/url]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a Proof of Claim that is correct for all United States Bankruptcy Courts:

[url]http://www.uscourts.gov/bankform/formb10new.pdf[/url]

As you can see, it's a pdf file so you'll need Acrobat, or whatever, to download it!

When you get it, fill it out!

But first you need to know which Bankruptcy Court Vanguard's case was filed in!

It might not be it's home Court. They could just as easily file in whatever state they have assets/business in!

Eric The(StayWithMeOnThis)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
EricTheHun,
I appreciate your help.  I owe you one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top