Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2002 5:04:08 PM EDT
[url]http://alpinetek.netfirms.com/guns/SG55X/[/url]

yeah, yeah...i KNOW who's putting this deal together and frankly, i don't give a f#@k.

here is our opportunity to own the world's finest kalashnikov clone at a price lower than...well...lower than i've ever seen! woohoo!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#1]
$4000!!! They're kidding right?  You can buy 4 AR's and a crap load of ammo for that!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
WOW!!

We poor Canadians can get SIG 540s for only 2300 CANADIAN!!)1500 US
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate the politicians that made those so damn expensive!  
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
"$4000!!! They're kidding right? You can buy 4 AR's and a crap load of ammo for that!"

woodeef#@kingdoo!

i suppose you drive a yugo and live in a tent, too.

speed costs. how fast do you want to go?!?!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#5]
storm, can just "any" good ol' canadian run out and buy a sig 55x? and by that, i mean one that comes with 30 round magazines?

we 'mericans is lazy...we hates ta reload every 3 seconds.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I like the sig 550 series, but you can have this franken-sig. If they were $1000 I could understand your enthusiasm. If you are already willing to spend $4000 you might as well spend a little more and get the real thing. A Bargain this is not.

[b][size=2]"Guns are fixed stocks, fake hider and no bayonet mount, semi auto FACTORY guns NOT parts kits built on usa receivers, guns marked SIG arms."[/b][/size=2]

On what receivers??? I guess it's important that they are marked "SIG arms"..... [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
i about shit myself with excitment, then i realized Special Weapons has a hand in it.

which means STAY AWAY......FAR AWAY!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
storm, can just "any" good ol' canadian run out and buy a sig 55x? and by that, i mean one that comes with 30 round magazines?

we 'mericans is lazy...we hates ta reload every 3 seconds.
View Quote

The SIGs up here are non restricted which is why they are relatively more expensive. ( ARs are restricted and cost about $1700).  Non restricteds can be bought with a general permit.  Nothing special.

As for mags??

Well we do have that silly little mag law restricting us to five....but we are working hard on that one!
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Those pics look familiar.  Think I saw them on Sig's website before.

Where's the real pic?
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 2:23:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"$4000!!! They're kidding right? You can buy 4 AR's and a crap load of ammo for that!"

woodeef#@kingdoo!

i suppose you drive a yugo and live in a tent, too.

speed costs. how fast do you want to go?!?!
View Quote

So tell us what these wannabe SIGs can do that an AR-15 cannot.

Speed isn't what costs here. Novelty does.

From a practical standpoint, a couple of ARs with accessories, ammunition, and actual functional features would be a much better investment.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 2:59:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I rather have:
- post-ban M4-clone ($900)
- Vector UZI ($3,100)

Much better way to spend your $4,000 and you have a carbine that will do everything that the Sig will do (and you will be able to get parts for ever) and a proven subgun that you can suppress and get 22LR and 45ACP conversions for.

Oh, did I mention that the UZI is select-fire. It's a machinegun..............

And that ain't no Yugo or tent.

Calm down Campy, that's $4K you can save towards your mini-gun.[8D]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 3:59:51 AM EDT
[#12]
drfcolt...the minigun is gonna set me back closer to $20k. but, like the sig, it's worth every dollar to me.

sure, the sig is only a $1500 rifle, at best. but the rarity determines the price tag. $4k is almost a form 4 fnc...but that's not the point.

waddya think that vector is REALLY worth on the world market? $100? $200?

if i were in somalia, $50 would buy me a russian or polish akm with enough pocket change to sky myself on khat for a month.

a 1919 that costs me $7k here won't bring 5 bones in columbia. even if i toss in a key of white powder.

if a sig pistol fetches $800, this rifle is surely worth a few drachmas more.

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#13]
[b]drfcolt...the minigun is gonna set me back closer to $20k. but, like the sig, it's worth every dollar to me.[/b]

Last transferrable mini-gun I saw for sale went for $150K and I guess that was a deal.

I believe there's only about 4 transferrables.

If your a SOT, maybe you can get one for $20K.

Oh, on the post-ban Sig, I was mostly referring to the most fun/bang for the US buck. Not much we can do about pricing/availability elsewhere.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 4:23:25 AM EDT
[#14]
"If your a SOT, maybe you can get one for $20K."

as the commercial said, membership has its' priviliges"! heheheh!
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 4:32:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
"If your a SOT, maybe you can get one for $20K."

as the commercial said, membership has its' priviliges"! heheheh!
View Quote

I didn't know you were an NFA dealer.

What interesting items do you have in your inventory for sale?

Never know what may catch the eye.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Special Weapons (aka Toad, Speshul Weppons) AND Dan Hoodenpyle (aka DANO)!!!

I wouldn't trust these guys to sell toilet paper...

For those unaware of the, uh, history of these jokers, do a little research here:

Bowers board "Board of Inquiry":
[url]http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/inquiry.cgi[/url]

Bowers board "Board of Inquiry" archives:
[url]http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/inquiryarchive.cgi[/url]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#17]
i spent almost $1700 on a special weapons SW5 over a year ago and sent it back. i STILL have NO gun and no $.

i hate those people! and will not hesitate to kick them in the balls on sight.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:07:37 AM EDT
[#18]
(from the above post) i should add that it was sent back because it didn't work.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:09:08 AM EDT
[#19]
In the neighborhood of $4000, why not just get a transferable MG?
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#21]
"Tactical Weapons Training Academy = Speshul Weapons, correct "

not sure. seems that ass hamster (toad) knows everyone has 0 faith in SW, so he's trying to use a different name. at any rate, a respectable company would be commiting financial suicide by rolling around in bed with toad/SW.

i'll go on every gun forum known to man kind to tell potential buyers about my horrific lo$$ & experience with SW & to STAY AWAYYYYYYYYYY!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 1:59:52 PM EDT
[#22]
After paying $4000 bucks for the rifle, how are you going to find mags for it?

If i were going to buy a nice AK clone, it would be a Galil or Valmet. At least spare parts and mags for them can be found. There is even a conversion for the Galil and Valmet that will accept AR-15 mags.

Hesse is currently making a Galil clone for $900 bucks, but that is still cheaper then $4000 dollars for a clone rifle. What are they doing thats better then Hesse? (not that it  would be hard)

by the way does anyone know what a Valmet in 7.62x39mm is going for?

lib
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#23]
i ran into a kid at the range a few weeks ago. he bought one of todd's .45 acp carbines.

it didn't work either...jammed with every shot.

the 55x series is a glorified ak...pretty hard to screw it up...and, they haven't built the ak that i can't wrench on.

lib, i got just about every ak they built...but not the sig.

a valmet fixed (wood) stock in 95% brings about $1200-1300 in my area. i saw a nib fixed, all accessories and a bayo for $1450 at a show last spring.

tube folders can bring up to $2000 if minty and boxed, and the more common .223 models are going for right around a grand to $1200 depending on condition.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
lib, i got just about every ak they built...but not the sig.
View Quote

And you still won't.

Kinda like saying, "I gots me uh MP-5!!!" when you bought one of Toad's crappy SW-5's.

Or, "I gots me uh HK-21!!!!", when you bought one of his out-of-spec boxes that even RDTS couldn't make work.

You won't have a SIG.  You'll have another POS junky SW knockoff.  And you'll look a fool for paying $4000 for it.

But, it's your cash.......I guess you're free to use it to join the long line of look-junkies that SW makes a living ripping off...
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#25]
ok, settle down. i may be mistaken, but look at the ad again.it says $4000 for the actual import. it didn't say the price for the clone.

again, i may have read it wrong. but that's what it looks like to me.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
ok, settle down. i may be mistaken, but look at the ad again.it says $4000 for the actual import. it didn't say the price for the clone.

again, i may have read it wrong. but that's what it looks like to me.
View Quote

Nope that is the cost of Todds clone, which doesn't exist yet. As it has been pointed out on FA.com those pics are of real Sig550s.

Anyone who sends Todd $4,000 to see if he's willing to develop this rifle has learned nothing from SW history.

If you got 4K burning a hole in your pocket, get a Shrike with a preban AR. If you need a Sig get a real one. Todd has proven he can screw up any weapon platform. HKs are no more difficult to produce than HKs. Do any of you remember the SW3?

And for the record, Todd could screw up an AK. He lacks the talent and skills of middle eastern bicycle shops.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you got 4K burning a hole in your pocket, get a Shrike with a preban AR.
View Quote

Yeah, I'd prefer that over a Sig550 clone from SW. But!  Fear not!  I remember reading somewhere Todd had a plan for his own belt-fed, semi auto, AR upper in the works for $1800-$2000!
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:07:44 PM EDT
[#28]
For that kinda money I'd rather have Elvis' Beretta.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:08:35 PM EDT
[#29]
The first 50 guns will be all sig 550's style cost is $4000 each, we will take preorders with an ffl and a $250 deposit check.
View Quote

For that kind of money I'd get another Sea Dweller.  THAT is a proven piece of mechanical engineering.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top