Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 1:01:53 PM EDT
Can anybody tell me what the following means:

6P199
                     09/91

This is exactly how this appears on the side of a 30 round "Center Industries" Mag.  I was wondering because I have just finished reading the "AR Owner's Guide" and in it, the author states that "No pre-ban USGI mags were date stamped, only post-ban mags, and to posess them is a felony"  Now I don't think this is true, because I know I saw codes on the sides of mags when I went through OCS in 1990, because I was very interested in that kind of shit (and no-not because I RIPPED ANY OFF!!!!)  Maybe I am being paranoid, or maybe this code is some type of a message for the UN troops who will later occupy our country, or the codes represent a "map" to the local FEMA detention facility??
But seriously, if anybody can tell me what this code means, I would appreciate it.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:31:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The 6P199 is just a simple cage code on the body.

The some of the manufactuers did start date stamping several years before the ban. You clearly have one here, and you are well within the law to own ANY magazie with a date marking on it before 9/13/94 OR if it has no markings at all on it.

Meaning, a 30 round mag could be made today that has no markings on it, and be legal. The law specifically states so.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, Troy-now I will admit that I have 8 of them!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top