Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 9:20:29 AM EDT
From the article -

DETROIT (Reuters) - Rep. John Dingell, the senior member of the U.S. House of Representatives, handily won a tight primary race on Tuesday after the fight of his long career against an incumbent Democratic congresswoman.

Meanwhile, Michigan's attorney general easily beat two veteran politicians for the Democratic nomination for governor in one of the party's toughest battlegrounds in this year's primary season.

Dingell, 76, who became one of the most influential members of Congress after succeeding his father in 1955, was forced into a primary fight with four-term Rep. Lynn Rivers when Michigan lost a House seat following the 2000 Census.

Although opinion polls showed a tight race in recent weeks, Dingell easily beat Rivers for the Democratic nomination. Dingell is expected to coast to victory in the November elections because his district is heavily Democratic.
View Quote

[urlhttp://www.reuters.com/news_article.jhtml?type=topnews&StoryID=1299776[/url]

Dingell, as I recall, is slightly pro-gun. At least better than whatever esle the Dems would try to get in there.

Anywho, I thought our Michiganders would be interested.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Here, [b]garandman[/b], is a link to the thread that [b]sixgun357[/b] posted earlier:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=138339[/url]

You may want to go there and see what everyone's been posting about Dingell.

Eric The(Helpful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 9:31:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Here, [b]garandman[/b], is a link to the thread that [b]sixgun357[/b] posted earlier:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=138339[/url]

You may want to go there and see what everyone's been posting about Dingell.

Eric The(Helpful)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Thanks Eric.

I imagined some MI'er had caught this before  I did.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#3]
WAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's funny as hell.  All the liberal talking heads and the medial outlets were saying that this was a VERY close race and that the anti had a great chance to unseat Dingell.  The DNC really wanted this woman to win.

Dingell isn't my favorite guy...I'd much rather have a conservative Republican in that seat...but he's a damn sight better than that rabid anti-gun liberal that ran against him.

Gee...I hope she's right too...and he does vote to abolish the AWB.

Fools!  When are they EVER going to learn.

[:D]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
WAHAHAHAHA!!!

That's funny as hell.  All the liberal talking heads and the medial outlets were saying that this was a VERY close race and that the anti had a great chance to unseat Dingell.  The DNC really wanted this woman to win.

Dingell isn't my favorite guy...I'd much rather have a conservative Republican in that seat...but he's a damn sight better than that rabid anti-gun liberal that ran against him.

Gee...I hope she's right too...and he does vote to abolish the AWB.

Fools!  When are they EVER going to learn.

[:D]
View Quote

Word around here (Detroit Suburbs) is that this is what saved him/nuked Her. I'm not sure if I buy that! I just wish We could get rid of Detroit & the UAW dem-o-crap vote. If it wasn't for Them, We might have a nice state!
We've got a hell of a Govenors race comming up. The dem-o-crap runner is a real media hound and has realy been pushing all of the standard dem stuff..drugs for seinors, slave reparations, health care, bla!,bla!,Bla! Going to be a hell of a race.

Tall Shadow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top