Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 7:46:40 AM EDT
The following story just confirms to me that the media has no idea when it comes to guns.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20020807/ap_on_re_as/afghan_fighting_6

Often when the media talks about the need to ban "evil AK-47s" in this country, they'll say civilians (whom they call "gunmen") are running around with fully automatic AK-47 assault rifles that they've been able to "easily obtain through the gun show loophole."

In the story above, they're saying the base attackers (whom they DON'T call "gunmen") used SEMI-AUTOMATIC AK-47s, which I find ridiculous.  I'm sure those guys ALL had REAL fully automatic AK-47s.

As usual, the media got it wrong.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&ncid=716&e=1&u=/ap/20020807/ap_on_re_as/afghan_fighting_6[/url]

You're welcome.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#2]
KBaker, THANKS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top