[#3]
IBTL
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:43:32 AM EDT
[#4]
[:d]!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Just my two cents.

Posters on cop threads fall into two broad categories.

1. People with an honest question.

2. People who insult, flame, and whine from the safety of a keyboard.

I give whatever help I can to Nunber 1.

Number 2 is like watching the monkeys at the zoo. Entertainment when I have nothing better to do.  

Even if they go to shoots and get togethers,  they don't have the cajones to say this stuff to your face anyway.

So why let it get under your skin?  
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:53:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just my two cents.

Posters on cop threads fall into two broad categories.

1. People with an honest question.

2. People who insult, flame, and whine from the safety of a keyboard.

View Quote

and....  #3

IBTL [:D]....again.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So why let it get under your skin?  
View Quote

Good point.  I don't think any profession is above criticism, but it is hard not to take it personally.  Cripes, I work in the Social Work field and am going to law school, so I have heard it all!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#8]
IBTL

As a side note, I am in the process of managing a major software development project to overhaul an internal affairs and employee management system for a large PD.

In all fairness, if any cop comes around acting like people have no reason to question LEOs actions, I have several hundred incidents which can be provided from this ONE department alone for just the past 90 days.

If LEO actions are NOT scrutinized and questioned, this country would be in a civil disorder so quickly that it's frightening.

Incidently, this PD is under Justice Department orders to get fixed or else.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:44:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#10]
IBTL!! [:D]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#11]
legs I try to be a member of the 3rd...but I just can't shut-up
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
IBTL

As a side note, I am in the process of managing a major software development project to overhaul an internal affairs and employee management system for a large PD.

In all fairness, if any cop comes around acting like people have no reason to question LEOs actions, I have several hundred incidents which can be provided from this ONE department alone for just the past 90 days.

If LEO actions are NOT scrutinized and questioned, this country would be in a civil disorder so quickly that it's frightening.

View Quote

What company would employ someone who discloses confidential information? As an employee of a computor tech. support company it is not your place to discuss the information within the agencies files. That would be the Columbus P.D., correct?  Internal investigations are not public record until they are completed. This was the Clinton Justice Department right? The same one who brought us Ruby Ridge and Waco? The Brady Bill and The 94 AWB? The same Justice Department that says using a racial epitaph during the commission of a crime makes it a "hate crime"? The Janet Reno Justice Department?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I feel your pain brother. I know its hard.
Sometimes I fail to and voice how I really feel about the rotten majority. But fortunatly
the realism sinks in knowing that they aren't all bad.
I have a friend at church who is a cop. I know he
is from that top %1 of cops who are actually fairly cool.[8D]
View Quote
One reason I enjoy this site is that it provides a forum for LEO's and the rest of us to talk, and if things get too heated, the worst that happens is a thread-lock.

Certainly, some LEO's here do some ranting; but many of them seem level-headed, and their contributions to this site have changed my perspective.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBTL

View Quote

What company would employ someone who discloses confidential information? As an employee of a computor tech. support company it is not your place to discuss the information within the agencies files. That would be the Columbus P.D., correct?  Internal investigations are not public record until they are completed. This was the Clinton Justice Department right? The same one who brought us Ruby Ridge and Waco? The Brady Bill and The 94 AWB? The same Justice Department that says using a racial epitaph during the commission of a crime makes it a "hate crime"? The Janet Reno Justice Department?
View Quote

No it's not Columbus and no it's not the Klinton JD - it's Mr. Ashcroft's ballgame.

No, I would not provide anything that was not already in the public record.

How stupid would you really take me for?

DUH!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#16]
What about bashing cop-bashers that bashed bashing cops that were bashed by bashers in the first place...

Would this be allowed..?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Regardless, some would think it unethical to discuss your clients files in a public forum. Very unprofessional. When you take on such a contract there is an understanding of confidentiality. Try not to get caught up in the pack mentality that often prevails on this board when it comes to issues of law enforcement. You may end up saying something you regret.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:08:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Words of adive from my Dad.

Never argue with a moron. They quickly drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Rusty
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How stupid would you really take me for?

View Quote

quit hijacking my thread! This is another topic [beer]
View Quote

BAH!

[img]http://www.eatonlink.com/main/images/icon_smilet_flipoff.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:22:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Man this bashing is really getting old!!!!!I had't realized there were so many "people" who hated us. They sure are brave when they are behind their keyboards. Don't call us when Rufus is on top of your daughter in the basement, or your other kid wraps himself around a telephone pole because you let him drink at age 16, and I have to try to keep him alive until the squad gets there. I guess that line from Unlawful Entry ia appropriate. "Thats why cops stick together, nobody else can stand us." (or something like that).
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:32:28 PM EDT
[#23]
IBTL  [:D]

As for County Mounties, well, some are nice, some are even good, and some seem to have started with an asshole at birth and just let it grow all out of control until they are not recognizeable as anythign but... [;D]

Of course not all cops fall into these categories, around here, you can literally drive by the donut shop, and all you see is cop cars.....  Talk about fulfilling stereotypes...

(I actually like POs for the most part, just some get on my nerves)
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#25]
The 4 Basic Food Groups for Police Officers:

1.Glazed
2.Jelly
3.Powdered
4.Chocolate Frosted

How many cops does it take to screw in a light bulb? Just one, but he is never around when you need him.

The local sheriff was looking for a deputy, so Gomer - who was not exactly the sharpest nail in the bucket went in to try out for the job.
"Okay," the sheriff drawled, "Gomer, what is 1 and 1?"
"11" he replied.
The sheriff thought to himself, "That's not what I meant, but he's right."
"What two days of the week start with the letter 'T'?"
"Today and tomorrow."
He was again surprised that Gomer supplied a correct answer that he had never thought of himself.
"Now Gomer, listen carefully: Who killed Abraham Lincoln?"
Gomer looked a little surprised himself, then thought really hard for a minute and finally admitted, "I don't know."
"Well, why don't you go home and work on that one for a while?"
So, Gomer wandered over to the pool hall where his pals were waiting to hear the results of the interview. Gomer was exultant.
"It went great! First day on the job and I'm already working on a murder case!"

A policeman stops a lady and asks for her license. He says "Lady, it says here that you should be wearing glasses."
The woman answered "Well, I have contacts."
The policeman replied "I don't care who you know! You're getting a ticket!"

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What about bashing cop-bashers that bashed bashing cops that were bashed by bashers in the first place...

Would this be allowed..?
View Quote

It's allowed as long as there is equal bashing
by the bashers who bash cop-bashers for bashing
cops and the cop-bashers who bash the non-cop-
bashers.

In this case all bashing would be negated by the
equal number of bashing from both groups of
bashers.

In other words, the bash thread would simply not exist due to the negating
of each bashers counter actions...bashing that is.

It's really quite simple.[:D]

Edited to test my theory -
Test complete. Theory correct.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Would this be allowed..?
View Quote

Now this is a damn good question, I'd like to see one of you bashing cop-bashers that bashed bashing cops that were bashed by bashers answer that!!

IBTL!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:09:07 PM EDT
[#28]
What are cops?

Balming
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#29]

I was bashing someone on this board for bashing cops, then they started bashing me for bashing the cop bashers. Then some others came to my aid started bashing the cop bashers bashers bashers. In the end the cop bashers bashers bashers bashers won. It was cool. [:D]

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:27:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Bashing the cop bashers bashing bashers is so sweet I crapped my pants! [:D]

Edited to add; I refuse to be the one who killed this topic! BTT!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top