Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2002 7:19:37 PM EDT
Hi guys. I don't even really know where to start. I had a customer this year who really mad an impression on me. His name was Ken Proulx and he was dying of diabetes. He was a very kind man who served his country in vietnam and left a mark on everyone he knew. As little as I knew him, I was even sad to hear of his passing. Basically he died recently without insurance and his roomate has approached me as to how he might raise some money for the funeral expenses which he paid. I told him I'd post something here, as a last favor to Ken. Here's an excerpt from his roomate Johns email to me:  

"Hello,
I was (am) Ken Proulx's best friend for 23 years.  I just wanted to let you know that he passed away on Wednesday, July 24th.  He was only 53 years old.  I know you and Ken had emailed for a while and that he probably shared with you some of his diabetes-related illnesses.  God just decided that Ken had gone through enough pain, prodding, sticking and poking by doctors -- and it was time for Ken to rest.  Ken was my roommate for many years.  I was his ride to the store, doctors' appointments, to go out to eat.  Ken was my cook, my hero and my confidant.

I wanted to let you know why the silence from Ken, but I also wonder if I could get some advise from you.  Ken passed away without having any insurance.  I know he thought he had all the time in the world, and he would have done something about it one of these days.  Since Ken didn't have any family, I have taken the responsibility of paying his funeral expenses (payable in 30 days!!)."

If any of you could maybe do something to help out, even just a donation of a dollar it would be much appreciated. I know it's certainly uncomfortable for me to ask monetary favors of a group of strangers ( I know some of you) but I didn't know how else I could help out. If you can give anything to help bury a great man and a vietnam vet please email John Rhodes (kens roomate) directly at this email:

[email protected]

I know he'll appreciate it and I know Ken would too. Thanks guys.

Hatebreed

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top