Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2002 5:05:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:16:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Kick that bitch in the crotch for me! I fucking hate having to take up the slack for smokers! I worked with this bitch that would always take a smoke break when all of the work hit. She'd be gone for 30+ minutes. That would happen about 10 times a day. [pissed]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm still mad at our last receptionist for quitting. She was the one who flashed me her boobs every year on my birthday. Man, they don't make receptionists like that anymore.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm currently working in the auto parts business and it seems that all the females I run into that work for the company can not lift anything over 10 to 15 pounds.  They all claim they have bad backs or some such medical something or other.  If I have to carry another one of the peoples (insert heavy car part here)
I am going to ask to see a note or some such from a doctor claiming what is said is true.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:15:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll weigh in at lunch-far too busy picking up other people's slack right now to comment.

Yes, I'm pissed, just so you know what to expect...

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#6]
@ randalls, the  sackers are the worst!  they mope around doing nothing.  not even good costomer service.  when i work as a sacker, i am always friendly, polite, and offer to help in anyway i can....untill  my shift is up.  

yesterday, when my shift ended, i closed my register down, turned out the light, put the rope up etc.  some old hag comes up pretending to drop everything and says, " i saw your light out and i was dropping everything, so i came here to regain the balence of my stuff. i know your closed and stuff, but if you want to check me out its ok. but if you dont want to, i'll understand." so went and got her a nice little blue carry hand basket and put her things in it and then i told her to get into another line. (we were very busy so all the lines had 5+ people in them)  she gave me this ed off look and was like , "thanks" in a ed tone.  i said "your welcome and have a good day." then i walked over to the clock, and clocked out (which she saw) and started to leave with her glaring at me!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm still mad at our last receptionist for quitting. She was the one who flashed me her boobs every year on my birthday. Man, they don't make receptionists like that anymore.
View Quote

[:D][:D][:D]

Hey mattja send her my way, I'm looking for another receptionists/exhibitionist[;)]

Somehow I don't think my wife would like that[rolleyes]

Man I thought I have it bad, gals here are angles compared with the messed up people some of you have to work with.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have some emergency procedures to deal with at work.

{SNIP}

Next time use your common sense and call the people you are supposed to!"
Me and my partner informed them that we would be happy to do that,  if SOMEBODY - ANYBODY! - would answer our calls.
Our call list quickly got updated, and everybody got told not to ignore pages and to keep their cell phones on at all times.
View Quote

I've been with the same Place for the past 16 years and have had this happen about 3-4 times a year. It's because the "Newest" and "Brightest" management "Team" keeps the same Lame-Assed slackers doing the "Building Maintenance"! I have to track these pukes down(If They aren't off playing golf with Their buddies!), figure out witch one is supposed to do "This type" of work, and S-L-O-W-L-Y explain what the trouble is to Them, so that They can call someone out to talk to Me and get it explained all over again. [argue]
For this, They make almost double what I make(After 22 years worth of experience & several of Schooling) I just don't get it! [pissed]

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Amatures!!! I work for the State of Texas in public maintenance. The class of workers and supervisors we get would make most people want to commit suicide. Just think of the highway workers you see on the roads everyday and you see what I have to put up with....fullclip
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 4:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Amatures!!! I work for the State of Texas in public maintenance. The class of workers and supervisors we get would make most people want to commit suicide. Just think of the highway workers you see on the roads everyday and you see what I have to put up with....fullclip
View Quote

I feel your pain............believe me I really do.........20 years with public service dept. in a major city
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't know where to start.

We have a secretary that is the most passive aggressive, self important, incompetent, person I have worked with.  If she would just try to work with others instead of taking over and pissing people off she would at least be bearable.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#14]
The one I can't stand?
The person who used a friggin crowbar to break into my desk at work.
It's one of those USGI steel monsters. When I first started to work there the desk had been broken into, but other than that it was in excellent shape. I did a little tin bending, some borrowing of parts from really broken desks and I had the base locksmith come out and replace the lock.
Now I am not storing anything like SECRETS in there, it's just a place to keep my wallet and keys safe if I have to go work on aircraft.
I also keep my important paperwork in there, plus the keys to my knuckle boxes.

So last night some friggin moron decieded that they really wanted into my desk. First they used the crowbar on the middle top drawer and gouged the desktop and destroyed the drawer. Then they used a screwdriver and punched down the locking arm to the drawer, destroying the locking mechanisim.
Then they cut the drawer locking link bar to the other drawers.
All of that to get at what......A bottle of super glue, a couple of dollars in change and some of my personal stuff.

I'll lay money that these are the same morons who logged into my work computer and changed a couple of my important files.
After I lost a 120 page Power Point lesson I locked the BIOS and I locked out the system and I put a hasp and a lock on the box to keep anyone from pulling out the battery or the CMOS chip.

Of course the destruction of my desk (actually it belongs to us all) is at the expense of the Greater North American Taxpayer.  That's me and you!

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:44:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:05:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[:D][:D][:D]

Hey mattja send her my way, I'm looking for another receptionists/exhibitionist[;)]

Somehow I don't think my wife would like that[rolleyes]

Man I thought I have it bad, gals here are angles compared with the messed up people some of you have to work with.  
View Quote

No kidding, man I was bummed when she quit and got married. If her hubby only knew... Man, I have some stores. Sh!t! The memories are flowing back like a river. he he

Anyway, one of the partners in the company had a knack for picking out exhibitionists and generally slutty receptionists. It was a gift, I'm telling you. He'd interview these women and then select a prissy girl and say, "Give her half a year. By then she'll either hate us or love us." We had some great receptionists. Hell, the UPS guy was late on his route almost every day from wasting trying to make time with the women. DHL, FedEx, Airborne -- she made all the guys late.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I am the manager of a power plant.  We make electricy.  

I guess I am pretty lucky.  Of the 22 employees I manage are mostly pretty great and only two are smokers.  But man do they both fit the mold:  lots of smoke breaks every day, waste huge amounts of time, and are sick far more often than the others.  I will NEVER hire another smoker.

The other big time waster is the coffee pot.  Man that coffee pot kills 1/2 hour per day for every coffee drinker.  But who I am to complain:  I drink coffe too!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Stupid lazy fu$%ers who think they need to babysit a vacuum furnace for the entire duration of a twelve hour process.. When the system has [b]AUTOMATED PROCESS CONTROLS!![/b]

Lazy peeps!!

Co-workers who spend waayyyy too much time excercizing their jaw muscles!!

Tardiness!!! (I particularly hate that one)

Hypocrites! (Work with a bunch of 'em)

Too many to list..[pissed]

-T.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Stupid lazy fu$%ers who think they need to babysit a vacuum furnace for the entire duration of a twelve hour process.. When the system has [b]AUTOMATED PROCESS CONTROLS!![/b]

-T.
View Quote

for some people that is their job. sit in a boring ass control room and watch the lights flicker, flash. when it beeps madly and demands attention they may acctully move. being a operator is a boring job (uncle is one) i want ot get into programming the PLCs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top