Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 10:12:52 PM EDT
Rumblings - Think tank pitches ultimatum

[url]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A47913-2002Aug5.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Tchya, like we'd have the balls to pull something like that. Not that it's a bad idea, and I bet all the other muslims would come down with a case of schadenfreude if we did, but the Bush family is as tight with the Saudi elite as an American kufar can get.  They look out for Saudi interests as much as the American oil and defense industries'.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:39:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Putin warned us about singling out Iran, etc. when the viper's nest was in Saudi.

A briefing given last month to a top Pentagon advisory board described Saudi Arabia as an enemy of the United States, and recommended that U.S. officials give it an ultimatum to stop backing terrorism or face seizure of its oil fields and its financial assets invested in the United States.

"The Saudis are active at every level of the terror chain, from planners to financiers, from cadre to foot-soldier, from ideologist to cheerleader," stated the explosive briefing. It was presented on July 10 to the Defense Policy Board, a group of prominent intellectuals and former senior officials that advises the Pentagon on defense policy.

"Saudi Arabia supports our enemies and attacks our allies," said the briefing prepared by Laurent Murawiec, a Rand Corp. analyst. A talking point attached to the last of 24 briefing slides went even further, describing Saudi Arabia as "the kernel of evil, the prime mover, the most dangerous opponent" in the Middle East.
View Quote

Whoa! That's some heady stuff. If only...

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, who didn't see this one coming...

Edited to add... Thanks for the link to that story.  I just read pretty much the same thing elsewhere.

I'm sure the PR machine is gearing up to paint Saudi as it really is [for a change] since they pledged Saddam they would back him if the United States invaded.

Only after the 'news' starts painting all of Iraqs supporters as enemies will I believe an attack is actually immanent.  Looks like it finally starting to happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top