Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 8:31:50 PM EDT
I pre-ordered LOTR on eBay about a week ago. It arrived today. The first thing I saw when I opened the case was a coupon. The coupon is for $5 off, on the extended version being released in November.
I didn't even know there was going to be second release. For those of you that can wait or have already seen the movie in theaters, it sounds like the extented version is going to be nice.
It's going to be four discs, with a half hour of never seen footage, integrated into the movie. Also, it sounded like the music track will be redone in this version.
There will also be thousands of stills on one of the discs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that ticks me off.  I bought one of Blockbuster's 10 week rental cards a couple of weeks ago to get LOTR for free.[pissed]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:32:15 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is any consolation, ebay is definitely a seller's market when it comes to popular dvd's.  You should be able to get almost full price for it.  In fact I thought about buying LOTR to have it around until the extended edition comes out and then sell it.  I decided it wasn't worth the hassle, but you should be able to do it if you are stuck with the lesser edition.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:09:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm waitin till Nov. before I buy LOTR. It's supposed to be 4 hrs long.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:28:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Picking my copy up on my lunch break. WooHoo!

Can't wait for the November release. Then the next movie in December.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:06:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm waiting for the extended versions of LOTR and Blackhawk Down.

I really wish movie studios would'nt release multiple copies of the same movie (widescreen/full screen, SE/non-SE, collectors, ultimate, blah, blah, bla).

Av.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top