Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2002 6:46:29 PM EDT
Am I the only dumb bastard who's having trouble with this site?  I guess the old adage "leave well enough alone!" certainly applies here.  

Problem:  I can't log out.  Everytime I do, I hear that annoying voice "you have new mail."  I check my instant messages and lo and behold, I see messages I've deleted about a million times.  I can't log off, therefore, everytime I bring up a board, I'm reading posts that were written on 8-4-02!  This site sucks and for a paying member, it's even more f#$@ed-up.  

Don't count on my membership money next time!

Bud
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, other than a little slow, working just fine for me.  In fact the biggest pain is that it logs me off when I'm looking at other sites for too long.  What browser are you using?  This thing is pretty much set up for I.E. and it takes a while till GB gets the code up for Netscape.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I noticed it was slow too. Actually, the biggest gripe I have is there's a lot of screen real estate used for decorations, which means there less room available for actual infomation. I'm scrolling a lot more now than I used to.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:09:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I do like the looks of it, but for me it seems to be...running.......so.........S...L...o...W.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Its running fast ,but if you log onto say a post Isralies set off bomb kill seven, when you click on the post I get nothing about the post only replys to the post!   I'm using NutScrap 4.7 as it is the only thing that works well with ME.

Bob
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:15:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Works great with Mozilla 0.9.9, KDE 3.0.0-10, and Linux 2.4.18-5 with a cable connection...
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:21:29 AM EDT
[#10]
This new site sucks.  I have Netscape Communicator 4.73, a work standard, and I can't read the original posts.

This is getting old fast.

[rant mode off]

Merlin
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#11]
For your info, GB, I've done everything you've suggested.  I'm not an idiot.  And another thing, for $60.00/year paying member, I have a right to bitch!

Merlin, glad to see someone shares my sentiments.  By the way, my browser is Internet Explorer and, obviously from my ranting, I'm having problems.  I can only imagine what it's like for those of you who have Netscape.  

Bud
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Still having the problem but I've found that if I click on "next page" and then "previous page" I can then read current posts!  Wow!  

Any suggestions how I can get rid of this obviously "stuck" home page?

Bud
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top