Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 5:55:35 PM EDT
Situation.
I am in TX working -indefinately. I am under a group plan with my family in Florida and it is half what I have been quoted here. Can i keep paying it for another year until the 25 reduction comes along?
Any problems in coverage- I now have Texas plates and license BTW.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can i keep paying it for another year until the 25 reduction comes along?
View Quote

What is a 25 reduction ?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
They definitely bill you according to where the car is. I worked in a marina several years ago and lived out back in a trailer. By using the marina address instead of the trailer address I saved 25% cause the line from one area to another was right there. One area was considered higher risk than the other.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
69, no shit man. My dad told me that back in the day he knew guys that payed more because of what side of the street they lived on because the street was the boarder between area codes and area codes where what they used to set the rates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top