Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 5:06:57 PM EDT
http://www.nationalreview.com/ledeen/ledeen080502a.asp

Haven't seen any news reports....and if it's happening, as we have heard it has been for months, it should be front-page, encouraged news.

Nothing would make me happier, both as a freedom-loving person and from a realpoltik perspective, to see Iran break loose in an orgy of democratic, Western-emulating revolution. I don't think enough of the people here in the US know this is happening there. We should know, and our airwaves should absolutely pulsate with encouragement and approval of such a course of action. They should know that if they throw off the represive and evil regime that they currently possess, America will be there to greet them with open arms.

For the people of that country, regardless of their religion, we should be praying. A liberal democracy plopped down there, even a weak one from the start, would come to dominate the region. Iran is no joke...not a match for the US, but certainly a great regional power. Further, the oppressive, scumbag dictatorships of the Mideast could not survive with an example of freedom and strength in their midst. It is the nightmare of corrupt Saudi princes, and would be the death-knell for Saddam and Assad.

Gets me tingly thinking about it. I know, I know, there are many barriers, not the least of which the culture, to seeing it truly happen, but one can hope.

Live Free or Die.

Vass
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top