Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 1:44:10 PM EDT
Symbolic Speech Banned By Airport Security Personnel!

From a letter to the NRA from Jill Andrews of Crown Point, Ind.
(From: "Mail Call"; America's First Freedom, official journal of the National Rifle Association; August 2002, page 8)

"My husband and I and some of our friends were on our way to the NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits in Reno, Nev., when we landed at LAX for our connecting flight. I had some lapel pins on my badge holder from lat year's convention. Some of them were guns or bows or related items. As we went through security, the light went on and suddenly two or three people were all over me. They took me to the head of security, who told me that I couldn't take the pins on the plane because they represent, weapons. They mad me take out my earings, which were fashioned like guns. On the way home from the convention, airport security personnel were confiscating GLOCK keychains. There was on gun image on the keychain, just the word GLOCK. I lost some of my best pins, but I learned an important lesson: don't take anything you care about on a plane. I just wonder what they would have done if I had a tattoo of a gun on my arm?"

Now don't you feel a lot more safe?

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Now just wait a minute.  How in the hell can they justify  taking things away that LOOK like weapons?  That has got to be the biggest load of horsecr@p I have ever heard of.  What next, not letting peolpe board because they LOOK like they MAY be a terroist?  Oh wait, that would be considered profiling and we cannot do that!  Lets just continue to do anal probes on old ladies and take away the Glock keychains.  That makes me feel much safer!!!WTF  Sorry for the rant but the terrorists would never keep me from flying but the G@DDAMNED airport security just might.[soapbox]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If people would just, for 1 week even, refuse to fly in protest of the "problems", maybe the
airlines would try to force a change due to millions in lost revenues and the many job layoffs that this would no doubt cause.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Baaaa, Baaaaa, BAAAAAAA.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm suprised that it took us so long to figure out how to make our airports REALLY safe. Just take the stupidest people you could possibly find, and make them government employees, not accountable to anybody. If this continues, airports will become the safest kind of building - an empty one.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If people would just, for 1 week even, refuse to fly in protest of the "problems", maybe the
airlines would try to force a change due to millions in lost revenues and the many job layoffs that this would no doubt cause.
View Quote
yup
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I suppose this will be the next thing banned on commercial aircraft:

[img]http://www.gunsandammomag.com/images/cov_g&a.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that because you don't think the traveling sheeple have the stones to do it,
or that nobody would care?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

The traveling sheeple dont have the stones to do it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

The traveling sheeple dont have the stones to do it.
View Quote

I agree. You're probably right.
It's a shame isn't it......
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#10]
maybe someone can sue the feds for violating?:

First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law ... abridging the freedom of speech [representation of Glock]....
View Quote

confiscating Glock pins is the dumbest thing I've ever heard
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:38:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Freedom of Speech?

Go ahead, make a joke about having a [b]MACHINE GUN/BOMB/ANY "WEAPON"[/b] and watch as you'll probably miss your flight...they freaked out at JFK INT'L when I was going to the 2002 BRC because I was wearing my steel toed jack boots!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:42:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I would hate to be a victim of a glock keychain or revolver ear ring shooting.  I feel safer knowing that the gov't is protecting me from this threat.
Soon, if we are lucky, the only people dumb enough to fly will be the terrorists.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.gunsandammomag.com/images/cov_g&a.jpg[/img]
View Quote

I'll let you know...

SSD
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:49:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't make a difference, if no one flew, the airlines would just go back again to our government with their hands out and we would pay.

Why would someone give up a pin to get on an airline?  I mean if you said no, what are they going to do?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I feel so much safer now.

[puke]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:53:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Ostensibly, due to the fact that sitting next to Joe NRA on a coast to coat flight would make some people nervous.

BS, but thats the logic.

More righteous goodness from the good folks who brought you "ZERO TOLERANCE!"

[size=1]*Zero tolerlance not sold in stores[/size=1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:00:27 PM EDT
[#17]
[b]Don't let your kid bring a GI Joe doll, either. They confiscated its 2" gun like it was a threat or something. Some of these ****heads have way too much time on their hands and not enough brains to sneeze without consulting the manual.[/b]

[url]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/england/2173150.stm[/url]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:46:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Do newstands/book stores in airports sell magazines that are related to firearms?  I have only been in 6 airports and only flown 4 times (all within the past 3 years) and have yet to see a firearm magazine in a newstand/book store in an airport.  Just curious.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

[url]http://www.gunsandammomag.com/images/cov_g&a.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Do newstands/book stores in airports sell magazines that are related to firearms?  I have only been in 6 airports and only flown 4 times (all within the past 3 years) and have yet to see a firearm magazine in a newstand/book store in an airport.  Just curious.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top