Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2002 1:28:45 PM EDT
Based upon number of wrecks!

1. [b]Pembroke Pines, Fla.[/b] Flamingo Road and Pines Boulevard  -  [b]2568[/b]

2. [b]Philadelphia, Penn.[/b] Red Lion Road and Roosevelt Boulevard  -  [b]2317[/b]

3. [b]Philadelphia, Penn.[/b] Grant Avenue and Roosevelt Boulevard  -  [b]2204[/b]

4. [b]Phoenix, Ariz.[/b] 7th Street and Bell Road  -  [b]2089[/b]

5. [b]Tulsa, Okla.[/b] 51st Street and Memorial Drive  -  [b]2000[/b]

6. [b]Tulsa, Okla.[/b] 71st Street and Memorial Drive  -  [b]1995[/b]

7. [b]Phoenix, Ariz.[/b] 19th Avenue and Northern Avenue  -  [b]1975[/b]

8. [b]Plano, Tex.[/b] State Highway 121 and Preston Road  -  [b]1937[/b]

9. [b]Metairie, La.[/b] Clearview Parkway and Veterans Memorial Boulevard  -  [b]1925[/b]

10. [b]Sacramento, Calif.[/b] Fair Oaks Boulevard and Howe Avenue  -  [b]1912[/b]

Based upon State Farm Insurance Records:[url]http://www.statefarm.com/di/danlist00.htm[/url]

Eric The(Informative)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Flamingo and Pines is a ridiculous intersection, about 15 minutes from me.  It seems like there are 400 some odd lanes interescting each other.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:32:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought it was crossing MY line of fire after dun pissin me off!![;)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#3]
WOO HOO!

WE'RE NUMBER ONE!

WE'RE NUMBER ONE!

WE'RE NUMBER ONE!

Must be that magical mix of legally blind 100 year old fossils at the wheel, recent arrivals whose culminative driving skill is negotiating a inner tube to Florida, folks on vacation from the Great White North who believe driving is a contact sport and local homegrown idiots who are mystified by things as complicated at a election ballot.

Toss them all together on the same road and you have that wonderful phenomenon which is South Florida traffic.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:43:49 PM EDT
[#4]
51st and 71st memorial are in close proximity to woodland hills mall and a bunch of other big stores best buy etc. here at my house this is known as the FORBIDDEN ZONE!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
But check it out, Philly and Tulsa each have two of the top 10 most dangerous intersections!

WTF is that about?

Eric The(SafetyConscious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
But check it out, Philly and Tulsa each have two of the top 10 most dangerous intersections!

WTF is that about?

Eric The(SafetyConscious)Hun
View Quote

Phoenix also has two up there.

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:13:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm amazed that Houston doesn't have one intesection in the top ten.  I was expecting at least three.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#9]
We can send you some of our "recent arrivals" to help you guys with your scores.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

WTF is that about?

Eric The(SafetyConscious)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I lived less than a block away from #4 7st and Bell.  It seems like there was always an accident.

The street is really wide and there are shopping centers on every corner.

Maybe people get into a shopping frendzy and loose control of their brain.

I am sure that we should "ban" something out of this.

[b]When is the government going to start protecting us from ourselves???[/b]

[:D]

Great info Eric...Thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#11]
the most dangerous intersection in Texas is the 610/59/richmond exit ramps just past the galleria.  it has 610 going, then everyone tries to merge over to get on 59 plus there is a enternce and exit ramps right before the 59 ramp.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#12]
You are right [b]Citabria7GCBC[/b], and it doesn't matter whether you're going North or South on 610, it's still a very dangerous situation!

You wanna stay outta the Hwy 59 ramp when you're heading North, but you wanna make certain you can swing over into the far right lane to exit onto Westheimer!

Bad, bad situation.

Eric The(DemoDerby)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:48:47 PM EDT
[#13]
It's even worse than it sounds in Philadelphia; those 2 intersections (#2 & #3) are actually just a couple of blocks apart.

The Roosevelt Blvd at that point is a 12 lane road; two 3 lane sections headed each direction, seperated by a grass swale.

People do all sorts of stupid stuff there, including the very common act of turning into a lane that is going the opposite direction.

The roughly 1 mile that contains both those intersections is the most dangerous stretch of road, by far, in this country.

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#14]
71st and Memorial here in Tulsa is pretty crazy especially around Christmas time. You seriously are risking your life driving out there not to mention the shopping in that area will get you hurt going up against all the soccer moms doped up on Caupacino and Krispy Kremes. And I agree alot of them are on Prozac, doing make up, on the cell phone and driving a huge $45,000 Suburban that will take on just about any other vehicle in its path.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:48:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow... I figured Phoenix would be 1-10! It seems like there's an accident every time you take a corner here!
Well, I feel saver on the road now! Thanks ETH!
[:D]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

8. [b]Plano, Tex.[/b] State Highway 121 and Preston Road  -  [b]1937[/b]

Eric The(Informative)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

Where you one of the 1937?

1(BoomBangBigHoleInTheGroundOverAndDoneWith)And(TheNosey)GUNRUNNER
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#18]
FYI...the time the study was done, the intersectin of Preston Rd and 121 was under HEAVY construction.  They were turning a 2 lane (1 N & 1 S) by 4 lane into a 6 lane by 4 lane intersection.  The construction for Stonebriar mall and the center across Preston road was under way.

I bet it's safer now than many other intersections in DFW.  (Including the new construction at DNT and 121.)

Frisco (I travel that way twice a day!)
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
71st and Memorial here in Tulsa is pretty crazy especially around Christmas time. You seriously are risking your life driving out there not to mention the shopping in that area will get you hurt going up against all the soccer moms doped up on Caupacino and Krispy Kremes. And I agree alot of them are on Prozac, doing make up, on the cell phone and driving a huge $45,000 Suburban that will take on just about any other vehicle in its path.
View Quote

Yup...that about covers it.  Even my Missus admits that it's real bad form to get in a woman's way when she is on a shopping mission.

Want to test it?  Just take a quick spin around a crowded parking lot at a major mall, on the lookout for a choice parking spot, on a blistering hot...or rainy...or freezing snowy day.  You want to see what WW III start?  Just watch the action when one lady aces another out of a hot spot!  And...a soccer mom in her Expedition or Suburban is far more dangerous than one with a 10mm Glock.

[devil][argue][devil]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

2. [b]Philadelphia, Penn.[/b] Red Lion Road and Roosevelt Boulevard  -  [b]2317[/b]

3. [b]Philadelphia, Penn.[/b] Grant Avenue and Roosevelt Boulevard  -  [b]2204[/b]
View Quote

I live under 5 miles from both of these intersections. I drive thru them on a weekly basis. #2 has at least one wrecker sitting there waiting for an accident at all times.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:21:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm amazed that Houston doesn't have one intesection in the top ten.  I was expecting at least three.
View Quote

I was expecting only 1 or 2.[>:/]
SSD
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
the most dangerous intersection in Texas is the 610/59/richmond exit ramps just past the galleria.  it has 610 going, then everyone tries to merge over to get on 59 plus there is a enternce and exit ramps right before the 59 ramp.
View Quote

Yea, but its hard to wreck at 5-10 mph.
SSD
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:56:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea, but its hard to wreck at 5-10 mph.
SSD
View Quote

its not hard when there are as many dumb asses as there are on the road today!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:29:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
10. [b]Sacramento, Calif.[/b] Fair Oaks Boulevard and Howe Avenue  -  [b]1912[/b]

Huh, I guess I'll avoid this intersection from now on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top