Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2002 11:17:57 AM EDT
It astounds me how many people fail to see the many dangers that exist while we traverse here & there in our daily life. I have a friend who wished me a safe trip on my way to Missouri this weekend. I informed her that I always travel with a sidearm and depending on the length & destination of my travels, occasionally a long rifle. She gasped, stating "you always were quirky". I brought to her attention the recent incident in Chicago where 2 men whose van jumped a curb and crashed were beaten to death by an angry mob (granted, the 2 men were intoxicated but the story fit my argument). These 2 men didn't wake up that morning thinking they would be involved in an auto accident and subsequently survive the crash but not the onlookers. Nevertheless, accidents happen. How many close-calls have we all had on our way to work that could easily be mistaken as a slight by another driver who may not be well-adjusted. How many times have you been cut-off by another driver, or tail-gated? I'm sure everyone at one time or another has made a driving error that angered substantially another motorist. My point to her was, we never know what's going to happen. I may simply have a flat tire and encounter figures who see my temporary distress as opportunity to do me harm. From my point of view there's simply no excuse for someone who is able bodied, not to take appropriate measures to protect themselves; and the BEST way to do that is to arm yourself. The flighty people who are oblivious to the dangers surrounding them who become victims, believing their cell phone will protect them, they are the sheep set for slaughter. I, as always, will be traveling well armed on my 1400 mile round trip, anti-gunners & liberals be damned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top