Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 9:56:05 AM EDT

AIRPORT security staff confiscated a TWO-INCH plastic gun from a toy soldier, it was revealed yesterday.
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/727984/posts?page=17[/url]
British tourist Judy Powell, 55, bought a GI Joe doll in America as a gift for her seven-year-old grandson George.

Security officials at Los Angeles airport found the toy — similar to Action Man — when they searched Judy’s bags before she boarded a
flight to London.

Then they took the figure out of its box and confiscated its tiny replica Armalite rifle.

Judy revealed: “They examined the toy as if it was going to shoot them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the stupid airport security buffoon gonna get brownie points now?

Enough is enough.  Who are these people?

I think the jerk used to be a principal or something.  

I'm surprised they didn't confiscate the whole doll.  That soldier is still a deadly weapon even without his gun.

Might take an eye out with his high strength plastic fist.  Or kick you in the nutZ.

George’s mum Becky, 29, said the lad was “really upset” when he realised his GI Joe had been disarmed.
View Quote

Poor lad.

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:10:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#3]
These people are confiscating finger nail files, toy guns, making little kids drink pond water for their school science projects and making them sick, cavity searching little old ladies - COOL! Man, I feel safer already. I bet these folks wouldn't know what a real bozo no-no would look like if it hit them in the face. I think the only traning they got in spotting these devices, is what they see in the James Bond movies.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey now, we should all consider ourselves lucky.  Imagine how incompetant they'd be if they weren't government employees...[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#5]
These Einsteins are the folks the DemocRAT's in Congress just federalized.  Remember that every time you hear about one of these atrocities on common sense.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Where is a picture of this tiny Armalite replica???
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quit being mean to airport security...they're trying to protect us from ourselves!?!

[img]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/65f9a966/bc/My+Photos/__hr_faasposter.jpg?bcAntT9ABNV.uxKf[/img]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I am glad they grabbed that weapon from a potential terrorist.  Being shot with a 2 inch plastic gun owned by GI Joe or an index finger with a thumb trigger kills you just as dead as a round from a .50BMG.
Inspecting the weapon took some time as the Security Services were probably trying to determine if the weapon contained any illegal AP or incendiary rounds.
However, I would have felt much safer had they restrained the doll with cuffs or tie wraps during the flight - you just can't relax your guard around those trained military types for an instant.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quit being mean to airport security...they're trying to protect us from ourselves!?!

[url]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/65f9a966/bc/My+Photos/__hr_faasposter.jpg?bcAntT9ABNV.uxKf[/url]
View Quote

That really needs to be a t-shirt.  I would wear it every time I travelled.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Federal Aviation Authority
800 Independence Avenue S.W.
WashingtonD.C.20591

Dear Sirs;

I've had a lot of time on my hands of late and believe that I may have the solution for the prevention of hijackings, and at the same time we just might get the Airline industry back on its feet. Here's my plan:

Since Muslim men are not allowed to look at naked women we should replace all of our female flight attendants with strippers. Muslims would not get on the planes for fear of seeing a naked woman.

Of course every businessman in this country would start flying again in anticipation of seeing naked women. Hijackings would come to a screeching halt and the airline industry would probably have record sales.

Hell, I'd fly all over just for the scenery. It truly puzzles me that congress didn't already come up with this.

Am I the only one who thinks clearly on these issues?

Sincerely,
Bill Clinton
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Also note that they were British. If our airport suckurity didn't take it, then the Brits probably would. Don't you know that GI Joe action figures promote violence?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[url]http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/65f9a966/bc/My+Photos/__hr_faasposter.jpg?bcAntT9ABNV.uxKf[/url]
View Quote

That really needs to be a t-shirt.  I would wear it every time I travelled.
View Quote

Hehe yeha, to bad it costs so much to make a tee-shirt, asked a friend to do something for me once and he said it'd run like $50 just for one, maybe an iron on or something?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Oooh, oooh...I have an idea!!!!  Who made that picture??  I'll be back...

Sweet...just noticed it's public domain...I'll be back again...
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oooh, oooh...I have an idea!!!!  Who made that picture??  I'll be back...

Sweet...just noticed it's public domain...I'll be back again...
View Quote

hehe Capitalism at work, me thinks...
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#15]
That's what happens when you take people who's last job was "making a fries drop" and putting them
in control of YOUR safety!

I'm glad I enjoy driving when I travel.
I don't have to deal with any of them.
[:D]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#16]
I think these could be made at .  Does anyone know if they do color?  That would [cartman]totally sweet[/cartman].
[bounce]

Edited to make it a surprise!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#17]
One fine day long before 9/11/01 I was going through airport security to pick up my wife at the gate.  On my keys I had a 1-inch long solid pewter Beretta 92 that my undersheriff had brought me back from some big-wig conference (he used to rag me because I carried a Beretta and he thought they were too big and clunky- then he went to the FBI national academy and bought a commemorative one, which he carried faithfully every day after that).

Anyway, the two non-English speaking females manning the 'security checkpoint' I was going through saw this little pewter doodad on my keychain and had a shitfit.  They called a supervisor over, who told me I couldn't go through to the gate with it.  I asked him why not, and he said the FAA required them to treat anything that looked like a gun the same as an actual firearm.  I then held up the gun magazine I had been reading and asked them if I had to check it, too, since it had a big picture of a Glock on the front.  He told me not to be ridiculous.  I told him he and his illegal alien non-English-speaking lackeys were the ones being ridiculous, threw the pewter Beretta in the trash and went on to the gate.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 2:37:03 AM EDT
[#18]
You talking to me?

[img]http://www.gijoe.com/common/images/products/81793_imageMain400.jpg[/img]

ALL YOUR GI JOES ARE BELONG TO US!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top