Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 8:56:42 AM EDT
Well I'm back from boot camp just thought I'd stop and say hi to all of you out there that remember me. I'll be back on later tonight to get caught up on the news and what's been going on around here.

I also have to say that Goatboy did a hell of a job on this site. Talk to you all later.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Give us the scoop! How did your platoon do in the events like Initial and Final Drill, PFTs, pugil sticks, etc? How did [b]you[/b] do at them? What was your final PFT score? What did you shoot on the rifle range? Did anyone in your platoon go UNQ? What was the Crucible like?

Do you have a guaranteed MOS? Where's your school?

Welcome to the family, Brother. Please see [url=www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=137466]Cypher214's thread[/url] on this subject for a lot of good advice.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]

Did you make it or are you home early?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Give us the scoop! How did your platoon do in the events like Initial and Final Drill, PFTs, pugil sticks, etc? How did [b]you[/b] do at them? What was your final PFT score? What did you shoot on the rifle range? Did anyone in your platoon go UNQ? What was the Crucible like?

Do you have a guaranteed MOS? Where's your school?
View Quote

Well I got there a month to early to get the new camo my platoon was not one of the best platoons out there I think we where about 3 to last or second to last the only thing we took was Prac. Initial Drill we took 5th in and Final drill we took 4th in. As for me I did better on my pull ups when I first got in. I was doing about 8 to 9 pull-ups when I got in on May 7th 2002 and ended up with only doing 5 at the end.

I dropped my run time from a 25 min 3 mile to a 21 min 3 mile and did 105 crunches at the end I'm not happy with it but I did lose about 50lbs when I was there.

The range was a sad story for me first off I hated my M16A1 it jammed me all the time hell the first 2 mags that I place in it jammed so it as not a good start in the end I got a pizza box only 2 points away from a sharpshooter and it was a flyer that hit the 2 that got me my 4 shots before that hit 5 then the 5 shot just wanted to go to the 2.

I know that it was my fault I thing it was my breathing it just pissed me off because my two days before I shot expert on both days maybe it was just the stress of it all but I did chock big time but I have another chance if a few months to get what I should have and that's an expert.

The Crucible was fun we walked with are packs for about 50+ miles in the 2.5 days. Then we had the Grime ripper to go up and that was hell we all where tired hungry I was told by the corpsman not to go one because of my feet being so badly blistered but I still finished it.

Got to the top of that dame hill then walked down it and headed home the hump back home felt like we walked about 6 to 8 miles we where told it was only 3 miles but it felt like it was forever.    

Pugil sticks was ok it was not as fun as MCMAP are SR D.I was ranked number 3 out of the Marine corps in it and he taught us some kick ass stuff and let us have fights agents other platoons.

Quoted:

Did you make it or are you home early?
View Quote

I was at MCRD on MAY 7 2002 and my Grad day was Aug 2 2002 I made it all the way and got my EGA on my pith cover to prove it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was at MCRD on MAY 7 2002 and my Grad day was Aug 2 2002.
View Quote

Congratulations! [:)]

I made it all the way and got my EGA on my pith cover to prove it.
View Quote

LOL!!!
Tayous1,
did your DI have a lisp??... it's actually called a Piss Cutter. LOL!! [:D]

Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:09:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

first off I hated my M16A1 it jammed me all the time hell the first 2 mags that I place in it jammed
View Quote

WTF? How did you remedy the problem?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]
M16A1?
We had the A2 way back in the 'old Corps' in 87.

What's a pith cover?

Is 10 pull-ups normal now? We had to do 20, but that was with swinging ('kipping')

What is a good crunch score?

Are the yellow footprints still okay?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Yellow footprints are still there.I went through there just over 2 years ago. One hundred crunches in 2 minutes is the max.  Twenty pullups is the max, bu no more kipping.

Semper Fi!
Corporal of Marines, oorah!
MCAS Beaufort
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:16:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
M16A1?
We had the A2 way back in the 'old Corps' in 87.

What's a pith cover?

Is 10 pull-ups normal now? We had to do 20, but that was with swinging ('kipping')

What is a good crunch score?

Are the yellow footprints still okay?
View Quote

Sorry It should be the M16A2. The yellow foot prints of hell are doing fine and I'm glade I'll never have to stand on them again. 20 is the max with out kipping. site ups is only 55 to pass and you get one point for each sit up and you have to run the 3 mile in under 28 mins .

Now the most I've seen done was 50 pull up and 200 sit ups and the 3 mile run in 15:15 min. The record at MCRD is 65 pull ups, 265 sit-ups in 2 min and the 3 mile run is at 14:14 min.

Now about the pith cover that is what they where calling the Garrison cover. I hope I'm calling it the right name we were told so many different names for are covers.

With the M16A2 jam I did not have time to clear the jam on it we had 3 rounds and about 15 or 20 sec to shot them it. On the next mag the bullet it the feeding ramp and pushed the projectile in to the bass so far it would not have been safe to shoot it. The rifles we used where colt lowers and FN uppers. Most problems I had where do to how screwed up the mags where.

I'd like to try a M16A2 that has not gone through as much as the one I had did then maybe my option might change.

One more thing to you all out there. They changed the name of the Grim reaper to Red's ridge.

If my spelling sucks it because I'v been up for the past 72 hours.    
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Congratulations. You'll enjoy having two birthdays a year!

One more thing to you all out there. They changed the name of the Grim reaper to Red's ridge.
View Quote

I saw the Grim Reaper on the Discovery Channel - recruits humping up the front and walking down the ridge in back... it looked a LOT like Mt. Motherfucker to me. They change the name (again) since 1989?

Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Dude, it's been Mt. Motherfucker for years. A friend went in the late 70's and that was the name then.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll take that as a yes.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats Jarhead!!!

Welcome to the band of brothers.

Oooh FREAKING Ra!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I figured out that you were at MCRD San Diego. I just skimmed the thread and saw the Mt. Motherfucker stuff and how the name has changed (even the Corps can't resist the soccer mom's I suppose). Anyway welcome to the family, Hollywood.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
On the next mag the bullet it the feeding ramp and pushed the projectile in to the bass so far it would not have been safe to shoot it. The rifles we used where colt lowers and FN uppers. Most problems I had where do to how screwed up the mags where.
View Quote

Congratulations!
The jam you describe is caused by a weak, worn mag spring.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:13:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Congratulations Marine!

I did a fifty miler starting at Camp Horno up to Case Springs and down to Onofre two weeks before I retired.  All those mountains are mother fuckers to me!  Actually, it was kind of pleasant, except for the beginning-immediate uphill out of Camp Horno, but we humped every week anyway, so I was sort of used to it.  I still work for a joint command as a civ, and the Marines are starting to filter in with the new cammies.  I'm going to score a set in the near future:).

What is your MOS?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:51:03 AM EDT
[#18]
You'll know MT. mother...

As for the rest...

I've been calling others a dick.

Fvk Em.

We band of brothers stick togethers.

What say you...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top