Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2012 6:48:43 PM EDT
Pretty sweet little pistol!  Light too!  Will be GREAT for teaching new shooters!  Also got it for a light weight trail .22

Looking at the YHM Mite as the suppressor I want.

Pic of new hardware!
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#1]
That is nice
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I hadn't not seen/heard of these.  Looks pretty awesome!
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
It's a great suppressor host.

Here's mine:

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's a great suppressor host.

Here's mine:

http://dlaab.com/photo/2245sup.jpg

SWEEET!!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]
... Sweet bro! Got one myself recently for a host

See you at the http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_13/495399______annual_ARFCOM_AZHTF__Chino_Valley__gathering.html

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine has a red dot, and is awaiting a huntertown arms guardian. Cannot wait!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I just got one too.  I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but that barrel cap absolutely begs for a suppressor

Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just got one too.  I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but that barrel cap absolutely begs for a suppressor  

Yeah it does!!
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:31:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
... Sweet bro! Got one myself recently for a host

See you at the http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_13/495399______annual_ARFCOM_AZHTF__Chino_Valley__gathering.html

Yeah, as far as I know I am going!
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I need one of those myself.    Have you shot it yet?
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got the regular 22/45 with threaded barrel and fixed sites , Had the black lite version in one hand and the regular in the other... Picked the regular.
I like heavy guns.
Ordered the Fastfire 3 and Sam Lam upgrade.
Also, just sent the paperwork off for an SWR. Now the wait begins.

All that for what a new HK costs.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:39:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think I need one of those myself.    Have you shot it yet?

Not yet, just got it this evening.
Link Posted: 10/19/2012 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just got the regular 22/45 with threaded barrel and fixed sites , Had the black lite version in one hand and the regular in the other... Picked the regular.
I like heavy guns.
Ordered the Fastfire 3 and Sam Lam upgrade.
Also, just sent the paperwork off for an SWR. Now the wait begins.

All that for what a new HK costs.

I stood there and held both the regular steel threaded and the aluminum one.. they were the same price due to a sale too.  made it even harder.  I ended up going light for teaching people to shoot reasons.  and it will be a sweet trail or camping handgun.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:04:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I've tried P22's, Mosquitos, Glock AA kits, and now that I've got a 22/45 lite (with the Volq MkII bits in it), my search for a .22 pistol host is over.

Awesome gun

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice.
I had my FFL order one for me last week.  Still waiting.

I'm planning to do another Form1 suppressor for it over the winter.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:08:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Very nice
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've tried P22's, Mosquitos, Glock AA kits, and now that I've got a 22/45 lite (with the Volq MkII bits in it), my search for a .22 pistol host is over.

Awesome gun

Yeah dumping that mag safety is a must do.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:24:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks nice. how is it to take down?
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:25:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Paper work is out on an SS Sparrow for mine.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Just like any mk2 or mk3.. gotta know the tricks.  I worked at an indoor range for 3 years so I have no issues.  Of course it is tight right now since it is new.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:31:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't buy a Mite. Just drop the extra coin and buy a Sparrow or Prodigy the first being the best choice.

I have a stainless Mite and it is impossible to open after more than 100 or so rounds. The only way to clean it is "the dip", which works great but scares the shit out of me.  <––––––- This only applies if you have the stainless model. The carbon steel model will dissolve with the lead.....
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It is the same f*ckfest the rest of the MKIII's are, which is half again worse than the MKII's were because of the @#!@#!@ mag safety.  Damn things shoot nice though.  Seemed less picky than my MKII 22/45 as far as accuracy goes.  Friend of mine and I ran a brick through his at the range a few weeks back and it never choked.  It wasn't a big deal to turn clays into little bits and the little bits into dust offhand at 50.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#23]
They are nice little pistols.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Don't buy a Mite. Just drop the extra coin and buy a Sparrow or Prodigy the first being the best choice.

I have a stainless Mite and it is impossible to open after more than 100 or so rounds. The only way to clean it is "the dip", which works great but scares the shit out of me.  <––––––- This only applies if you have the stainless model. The carbon steel model will dissolve with the lead.....

I am starting to get that feeling as I am reading around on .22 suppressors.  I was only going mite due to the price I might be able to get on one.  But I know its not the quietest either.. I will pay more for that and the cleaning thing might seal the deal since .22 is friggin dirty.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 6:41:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like any mk2 or mk3.. gotta know the tricks.  I worked at an indoor range for 3 years so I have no issues.  Of course it is tight right now since it is new.

so the same. I like my 22/45 i have just leaned not to take it apart and just shoot the shit out of it. I really like your new pistol nice score.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am starting to get that feeling as I am reading around on .22 suppressors.  I was only going mite due to the price I might be able to get on one.  But I know its not the quietest either.. I will pay more for that and the cleaning thing might seal the deal since .22 is friggin dirty.

Thanks!

THe Mite is the only .22 can I see people say they regret buying. I've used a friend's shop demo and it is definitely something that was meant to be durable and not much else.  There are some other cans out there that are inexpensive.  I hear good things about HTA but have not had a chance to play with one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

THe Mite is the only .22 can I see people say they regret buying. I've used a friend's shop demo and it is definitely something that was meant to be durable and not much else.  There are some other cans out there that are inexpensive.  I hear good things about HTA but have not had a chance to play with one.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good can. Indestructible and is pretty quiet on both rifle and pistol. I don't even know how badly a baffle strike would hurt it. It is definitely a better rifle can than pistol can though. Side by side on a pistol most of the other cans out there are quieter.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Makes a great suppressor host.  I'm using it with a Tirant 45, and it's plenty quiet.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

so the same. I like my 22/45 i have just leaned not to take it apart and just shoot the shit out of it. I really like your new pistol nice score.

I bought the tandem kross recoil bushing a couple days after I bought mine.  They claim it makes the gun more reliable, which I haven't been able to test.  But, your magazines will actually pop out like they should when you hit the mag release, and the way it simplifies take down (don't have to insert and remove the mag 3x anymore to field strip) makes it worth every penny alone.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 8:28:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Now you just need a Volquartsen MKII trigger and the bushing so you can remove the damnable mag safety.    Seriously, the factory trigger sucks but the Volquartsen is pretty amazing- very light and crisp.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone else have a problem with the front sight unscrewing itself after a few hundred rounds?
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Anyone else have a problem with the front sight unscrewing itself after a few hundred rounds?

Yup, took it to the range today.  Happened during the fourth mag I put through it... and it kept coming lose even after tightening.  Aluminum has some great thermal expansion properties.  I think someone forgot some loctite at the factory.  I will be applying it as soon as I find mine.

Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yep; luckily I noticed it before it fell off as I'd have never found the screw in the tall grass.  I put a drop of lock-tite on it when i got home.  I really wish i could find a better front sight for it though- something a little thinner and that showed up better against the rear sight.  I must be getting older.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I own a mite as well. An aluminum one at that.  It is a bitch to take care of.  I keep mine coated with copper anti seize so I can open it when I am done shooting.  He is right about it taking about 100 rounds to bind it up snug but not impossible.

Buy something other than the Mite.  Buy once cry once.
Link Posted: 10/20/2012 11:47:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought the tandem kross recoil bushing a couple days after I bought mine.  They claim it makes the gun more reliable, which I haven't been able to test.  But, your magazines will actually pop out like they should when you hit the mag release, and the way it simplifies take down (don't have to insert and remove the mag 3x anymore to field strip) makes it worth every penny alone.  

Ordered one from TK.. they had the best price too!  

I've had the handgun one day, and I am already ordering mods for it.  stupid hobby.
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've had the handgun one day, and I am already ordering mods for it.  stupid hobby.

wait until you get it.  My wife saw the bushing and said "you spent $10 on that!?"  The effect that it has on magazine removal and assembly/disassembly is more than worth it though.

Link Posted: 10/21/2012 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wait until you get it.  My wife saw the bushing and said "you spent $10 on that!?"  The effect that it has on magazine removal and assembly/disassembly is more than worth it though.

I know!!  I used to be a machinist so price was right.  Ordered it yesterday.. they completed the order today!  So it will be shipped tomorrow... FAST!
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#38]
skip the Mite. Has some of the worst reviews in the .22 can world.  Buy once cry once.

I bought one of the .22 cans that Griffin Armament sells. I bought in when they first started. I think my can is #15.  They are great to deal with and I have shot my can next to a Sparrow. Neither one of us could tell a difference.  Plus side, the can I have is a QD model since it has a 3 lug attachment.

Link Posted: 10/21/2012 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Got mine last Tuesday since my SWR Spectre II is sitting at the dealer pending paperwork.

I really like this little gun.  Yanked out the stupid mag safety (replaced it with washers), put on some decent grips, loctited the sight screws, added a Volquartsen Exact Edge extractor (may not have needed it but I had a spare) and it's set.

After breaking in, it actually comes apart easier than my MkII Competition.  Also very little muzzle jump, even with the feathery weight, and I think the barrel is too short to make even high velocity ammo go supersonic.    This thing is going to be a joy with the can on it.

Come on, you ATF fuckers, sign my Form4
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#40]
check out the yhm wraith.  i have one and it is as quiet as a prodigy my friend has.  although it is a bit fatter (it covers the sights on my p22 by just a bit), it only cost $250 and i have put probably 3k rounds through it and suppression hasnt dropped
Link Posted: 10/21/2012 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Got mine last Tuesday since my SWR Spectre II is sitting at the dealer pending paperwork.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q285/ragin_cajun_photos/IMAG0318.jpg

I really like this little gun.  Yanked out the stupid mag safety (replaced it with washers), put on some decent grips, loctited the sight screws, added a Volquartsen Exact Edge extractor (may not have needed it but I had a spare) and it's set.

After breaking in, it actually comes apart easier than my MkII Competition.  Also very little muzzle jump, even with the feathery weight, and I think the barrel is too short to make even high velocity ammo go supersonic.    This thing is going to be a joy with the can on it.

SWEET.. nice grips too!

What is it these days? 6-7 months for standard nfa paperwork is what I am hearing.  How much faster is a trust?

Link Posted: 10/21/2012 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q285/ragin_cajun_photos/IMAG0318.jpg

SWEET.. nice grips too!

What is it these days? 6-7 months for standard nfa paperwork is what I am hearing.  How much faster is a trust?

I'm not sure the ATF moves any faster, but at least you don't have to do all that fingerprint/photo/beg the CLEO for a signature garbage.

Mine are all in an LLC since they're cheap & easy to create in LA and I can add family later on if I want.

The grips are Hogue Overmolded that I pulled off my 1911. They.really make the little Ruger feel like part of the hand
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 6:28:46 AM EDT
[#43]
I bought a 22/45 Lite on Saturday and posted a review over in the rimfire handguns forum. Nice gun but I plan to mod it with a better trigger and probably get rid of the magazine disconnect.

When funds permit, I'm looking at forming an NFA trust and getting my first can.

Link Posted: 10/22/2012 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#44]
So if a Mite is crap, what can in that $200 price range isn't?
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Be wary of the suppressor wars.

My suppressor in the picture above is the YHM Wraith ($325).  I am very happy with it.  I shoot it 3-4 days a week using Bulk .22 ammo and it seems all good to me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2012 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Be wary of the suppressor wars.

My suppressor in the picture above is the YHM Wraith ($325).  I am very happy with it.  I shoot it 3-4 days a week using Bulk .22 ammo and it seems all good to me.
There is that. I don't typically buy into the wars but honestly, when a suppressor has bad reviews across the board from end users...there's some truth to it.

As to the question. A 200 buck suppressor that's decent? Hmm:

http://www.tacticalinc.com/tac65-22lr-suppressor-p-38.html

http://www.huntertownarms.com/guardian22.php

https://www.silencershop.com/shop/swr-warlock

Honestly, I wouldn't pay more than 350-375 for a .22 can.  OP, make sure it's user serviceable and if it's sealed make sure that it's 100% SS so you can do "the dip".  Have fun! I remember my first can. It all boils down to a few things IMHO:

Price

Suppression levels

Weight

attachment method.

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 7:29:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Silencershop.com has the SWR Spectre II on sale for $299.

I'm waiting on the paperwork to clear on mine, but from everything I've read it's getting rave reviews.  For $99 more than a "budget" can, I'd call that a must-buy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2012 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#48]
... Love my Ruger 22/45 w/ Tac-Sol & Huntertown Guardian

Link Posted: 10/23/2012 11:34:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
... Love my Ruger 22/45 w/ Tac-Sol & Huntertown Guardian

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/Winston_Wolf1/DSC_0005a.jpg

That was going to be the original pistol I wanted, but then the lite showed up on the market.  I had both in hand at sportsmans and went with the lite due to using it to teach and carry hiking and stuff.

Ill check your can out in a few weeks!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top