Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 2:21:47 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:54:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The suspect, whose name was not released, was caught a short distance away as he was fleeing in his car, Senior Cpl. Mary Baker of the Dallas Police Department said.[red] An automatic weapon was used in the shootings.[/red]
View Quote

This last BS statement looks like the POS media added it in.  They're trying to make it appear as Senior Cpl. Mary Baker said it by adding it after her comments.

Die media, go away!  Send them off to cover the Israeli raids or something.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:07:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The farking media cannot differentiate between a semi-automatic weapon and an automatic one.  Idiot journalists with liberal anti-gun bias should not be covering these types of violent stories if they cannot get the damn terminology right!  Hell, CNN is saying three children were killed, yet the local police list a 7 year old and a 10 month old [:(!] (the shooters own children!), then a 20 year old (sister-in-law), a 32 year old (wife), and a 56 year old (father-in-law).

[url]http://www.dallasnews.com/latestnews/stories/080502dnmet5dead.5add6ae8.html[/url]:

"It is presumed that he was related to some of the people in the home," Sgt. Kirkpatrick said, adding that a semiautomatic handgun was recovered in the home. "It may be that everyone inside the home was family. I just don't know at this point."
View Quote

Police said neighbors heard two spurts of gunfire and that at least one woman heard screams before officers arrived. The pause in gunfire occurred when the shooter reloaded the handgun, Sgt. Kirkpatrick said.

Shots "were going off so fast it sounded like a string of fireworks," Sgt. Kirkpatrick said, describing a neighbor's report.
View Quote

The only good part about this is that in Texas we will not hesitate to put this asshat on the waiting list for death row, but sadly I think we need to go back to using the electric chair.

Now, I believe I knew some people who were from Oak Cliff in college.  Anyone care to elaborate on what kind of neighborhood it is?

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Now, I believe I knew some people who were from Oak Cliff in college.  Anyone care to elaborate on what kind of neighborhood it is?
View Quote

Oak Cliff is the part of town that you don't want to get lost in. For the most part, there is someone on every corner wanting to sell you crack. It's not unusual at all to hear gunshots at night in the middle of town.

It's not the place that you want to be.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:20:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hell, CNN is saying three children were killed, yet the local police list a 7 year old and a 10 month old [:(!] (the shooters own children!), then a 20 year old (sister-in-law), a 32 year old (wife), and a 56 year old (father-in-law).
View Quote

Heck, don't you know that the anti-gun crowd has defined all people under the age of 32 to be children to help bolster its statistics?  Why, I heard just last week that a child is killed every second by automatic saturday night special sniper rifles.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:31:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:41:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Gee, this happened in Oak Cliff? I didn't think anyone ever got shot over in Oak Cliff??
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:46:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Whoa, guys, there are some nice neighborhoods in [b]Oak Cliff[/b], so it isn't some Third World country type place.

Y'all are possibly thinking [b]Fair Park?[/b]

Now, [u]there's[/u] a Third World country crack playground.

Eric The(Realtor)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top