BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2002 1:04:38 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:22:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:23:29 AM EDT
[#2]

I must admit that I was not keeping current of the state of affairs in Africa, thanks for the updates. I did not realize how messed up the country was getting. I checked into a hunting lodge and found the former white owner had been kicked out by the current government. The country is doomed.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:27:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:56:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there ANY country in Africa that is being successfully governed?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:10:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I must admit that I was not keeping current of the state of affairs in Africa, thanks for the updates. I did not realize how messed up the country was getting. I checked into a hunting lodge and found the former white owner had been kicked out by the current government. The country is doomed.
View Quote

How about a few details about which game lodge and where?... Got friends hunting the bush from Ethiopia to Cameroon to SA.  Any update will be appreciated.

Arock
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:58:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I for one would not shed a tear if the continent was completely depopulated.

We need room ourselves, and we can do a much better job with their resources than they can.

It worked for us with the indian problem, it can work again.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:56:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Arock, it was in Zimbabwe, a Beitbridge Farm, known as the Bea farm which was also a safari ranch type of deal but big. It is near Mwenezi, Zimbabwe. PS I wish your friends luck on their hunt.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope your friends never need a transfusion over there.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#9]
The only part of africa which will never fall back into the original hands is Da Beeres and the Diamond mines. Everything else will revert to around say 2000-3000bc.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Half the population will be dead from AIDS in 3 to 9 years . The people are uneducated and still believe in many superstitions that will lead to their demise . Truly very sad . Those who have power won't do anything to help their country men , almost like a form of tribll warfair (that still goes on ) . I suppose this is Darwin at work . It is really tradgic that is still going on in this day & age . Man's inhumanity to man continues .
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Arock, it was in Zimbabwe, a Beitbridge Farm, known as the Bea farm which was also a safari ranch type of deal but big. It is near Mwenezi, Zimbabwe. PS I wish your friends luck on their hunt.
View Quote

Although I've not hunted it, Beitbridge has/had a good reputation as a concession.  

HIGHER Education Deputy minister Kembo Mohadi has moved 300 head of cattle onto a Beitbridge farm, Botharus, and ordered farm owner, Tokkie van der Merwe to move his cattle and game off. The farm is primarily a safari enterprise.

"Mohadi, in the party of war veterans, said he was moving his cattle onto the farm and that we must move off," said Van der Merwe.

"I have over 500 head of cattle, 170 wildebeest, 90 zebra and other game. I have accepted bookings from hunting clients and cannot move off at such short notice."

He said he bought the farm in 1989 and got a certificate of no interest from government and permission to carry on with his safari business and farming. Van der Merwe said his farm is caught up in an environmental disaster as the cattle had arrived at a time when the climate has been very dry and many cattle and game will die if not moved.

I have invested over US$360 000 in my operation and cannot just stand by and watch it all wither away."

Mike Clark, CFU Masvingo regional chairman, said there was now an urgent need to evaluate the impact of the land reform programme on game and cattle.

"Along with the unchecked movement of people, we have the unchecked movement of cattle," said Clark.

"Settlers have brought with them large numbers of cattle which have caused overgrazing. This has inevitably resulted in starvation of the depleted commercial herd."
View Quote

Bastards.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys know that all of Africa's problems stem from colonialism.........RIGHT!...[rolleyes]
Seriously though I have a friend who's parents have safaried over there several times in the last forty years and they say that even the wild,nature part is not the same and will soon be lost forever.....very sad.

What can you say?Every homegrown leader seems to be a despot interested in nothing but enriching themselves.Even South Africa(arguably the most advanced state there)is a lawless mess,with people running around murdering people in home invasions and raping babies,infecting everyone with aids.Guess its just an entire continent not yet ready for modern civilization.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:40:08 AM EDT
[#14]
In fact, under Colonialism is the only time they moved forward.  So sad.  We could empty our prisons and ship them to Africa and it would improve BOTH places!  Our crimminals would do a better job running Africa than the Africans have.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I for one would not shed a tear if the continent was completely depopulated.

We need room ourselves, and we can do a much better job with their resources than they can.
View Quote

We need room?  Less than 5% of the contiguous continental US has been developed, and if you include Alaska it's only 3%.

As far as depopulation goes, it wouldn't be so bad.  We could populate the land and form our own country, and it's likely it would be the only properly run country on the continent.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:57:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Come on!You guys been reading Mein Kampf or something?

Depopulate the continent so "we" can get more "living space" and move in?  WTF?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top