Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/6/2001 3:48:06 PM EDT
fit a the barrel of an HBAR?  I have a Colt MT6731.  Will it fit?
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 4:15:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw this too from what i have read is that they will fit a pre ban but post ban will have to be sernt to them and have installed.
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#3]
It will fit any 1/2 x 28tpi threaded barrel. This is the standard thread for US military flash suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I understand it will fit a pre-ban or any threaded barrel.  What I need to know is if the barrel on my MT6731 can be threaded to that size?  Is it to fat to make that thread size.

The reason they say send it to them on a post ban is because they have to put threads on the barrel.  I don't need Wilson to do that.

Link Posted: 4/6/2001 6:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Your barrel will have to be turned down (stepped) to the correct size before it is threaded.
Link Posted: 4/6/2001 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
OK  thats what I was looking for.  Next question...is it going to look funny.  Will the barrel be thicker and stick out past the break???  Does that make sense?
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 12:19:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OK  thats what I was looking for.  Next question...is it going to look funny.  Will the barrel be thicker and stick out past the break???  Does that make sense?
View Quote

Nope, if the bbl. is turned down properly, it will match up.

BTW, buy it from www.Brownells.com, and save $30.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Juggernaut thanks for the info.  Save $30???  Retail on the break is $34.95.  My price at Brownells is $26.21 so I do appreciate the tip.  I did'nt know Brownells carried them, but I should have known....that place has everything.
Link Posted: 4/7/2001 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Juggernaut thanks for the info.  Save $30???  Retail on the break is $34.95.  My price at Brownells is $26.21 so I do appreciate the tip.  I did'nt know Brownells carried them, but I should have known....that place has everything.
View Quote

Oops-was looking at what the beekeeper wrote, he included installation, which makes sense if the bbl is not turned and threaded, but can easily be done at home if it is. In your case, it isn't, but I'm afraid I don't know who to send it to.

Someone on this board must have a reccomendation for a 'smith, if you don't already have one picked out. I think Shawn Nealon of Cavalry Arms will do it(let us know if he does, I'm going to ask him to turn my barrel and install mine, IF he does), but I don't(yet) have experience with his work.

[url]www.cavalryarms.com[/url]

[email protected]

Just my .02, and Brownells does rock, BTW. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top