Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2002 1:14:01 PM EDT

I still don't see the IM indicator.
I don't even see my name anywhere.
How TF do I know if I'm logged on?

When I go to a thread, the first post (originating post) doesn't appear but the replies do. If there's zero replies, I can't even see the original post!

Where is "manage user profile"? Could someone provide a link?

Where's the little icon buttons and board code buttons so I can add a pissed or confused smiley??

[b]I'M FUCKING LOST HERE!![/b] [pissed][confused]!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The key is to look at the top. The menu bar is there. Right underneathe the AR15.com logo should be your login name. To the right the profile button. When you post the board code button is now up top of the window.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Dude!!!  It aint that freaking hard to figure out.

Maybe it's just your computer?[img]http://sgtar15.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/badcrash.gif[/img]

Sgtar15

PS Looks good Goatboy....pretty well streamlined IMHO
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Must be my browser or computer cuz it ain't there. I don't even see my original post until I hit the reply button.

Somethin's gotta be forked on my side.

Thanks a lot [b]Beer_Slayer[/b], LOL.

It sure seems like I'm in a sort of AR15.com Purgatory. [devil]

Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you got cookies disabled or something wierd like that?  Do you see a log-in button anywhere?
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 2:09:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 2:12:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I still don't see the IM indicator.
I don't even see my name anywhere.
How TF do I know if I'm logged on?

When I go to a thread, the first post (originating post) doesn't appear but the replies do. If there's zero replies, I can't even see the original post!

Where is "manage user profile"? Could someone provide a link?

Where's the little icon buttons and board code buttons so I can add a pissed or confused smiley??

[b]I'M FUCKING LOST HERE!![/b] [pissed][confused]!!!
View Quote

[IMG]http://216.40.241.68/ups/roderick_andara/bluescreen.gif[/IMG]

Link Posted: 8/4/2002 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 2:29:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm having the exact same problem.  I don't have any of the buttons across the top and can't see the first post on any board or topic.  I'm running Netscape on a Unix system running Solaris 8 at work.  I'm betting this page looks totally different when I try it at home running I.E.

Did I mention that I hate Netscrape?
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What browser... even shitscape shows the buttons and info... (4.08)

=)

Lemme try to tweak it a little... see if it helps ya... yer prolly a mac netscape user or something freaky!
View Quote

Every thing works ok on my Macs, also on my freaky peecee ! [:D]

I dont use shitscape it  sucks !
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]
[b][size=5]PEBCAK[/size=5][/b]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 3:56:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I stopped using Nutscrape when they started bitching about IE and the Big, bad, meanie, bully Bill Gates.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#15]
I can't do any new posts.

I can reply but not start a new topic.

[now resolved]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I stopped using Nutscrape when they started bitching about IE and the Big, bad, meanie, bully Bill Gates.
View Quote

I would love to stop using it but a lot of us don't have any choice at work.  When you work for Sun you don't get to use ANY Microsoft products.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Okay now I'm really forked!!

I tried to upgrade to Netscape 6.02 (from NS4.7) and it locked up - total screen lock - on me half way through the install.

I had to shut down manually and now I get a bunch of errors (Rundll causing GPFs) and can only start windows in diagnostic mode.

I'm F@CKED!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Fix for all you NETSCAPE users.

I too had trouble with Netscape, not seeing the original post.

For now, click on the "Start" button on the bottom left of your PC screen, and select "Run" from the menu.

A box will appear, type "iexplore" (which will start internet explorer) Even if you never used it before, it should start up and show AR15.com posts and replies correctly.  You will have to rebookmark everything though...
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#20]
jtw2, are you by any chance in the Network Storage group?   I worked at Sun last year before being lured back to a job at my old place, but worked on the Metropolis network storage management tool with some of you CO. guys back then.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#21]
just down the hall from those guys, though they've merged network storage with the regular storage vertical.  I work on disk arrays, sans, volume manager, disk suite, etc.
Bldg 4 on the Broomfield campus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top