Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2002 11:20:15 AM EDT
Dragged me to KMart yesterday to help her shop for a friend of ours' bridal shower.  The shower has a "Shit For The Yard" theme.  I bought her a hoe...[argue]

While there, I spied 2 20 gallon 5HP air compressors.  Brand new Coleman Powermates. They both had 50' hoses around the handles.  CLEARANCE ITEM!!!  Originally $269.99.  Marked down to $134.99.  I've been putting off buying one, cause I need more gun stuff, but half price was too much to pass up. [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=24&t=137003]THANKS X--Kill!!![/url]  

I wheel the compressor (and the hoes)  to the checkout.  No UPC code...dammit.  New computerized registers won't let you manually key in a price.  Only UPC was on the hose.  It rang up $6.99.  I told the pimply faced kid that "The guy in that Department said the hose was free when I buy the compressor".  Pretty slick, eh?  

Well, shit, after he calls twice for a UPC, the manager comes over and she can manually key a price in...how convenient.  She says something about "What a pain it's gonna be when they sell the other one".  I tell her I can help her out.  "I'll give ya $200 for the both of them".

"Sold" she says.

Damn!  What a deal!  Sold one to my next door neighbor upon returning home.  He was more than happy to give me $150 for it.  

I knew I shoulda drove the truck...  You oughta seen me & the old lady stuffing those things in her Mustang...
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#1]
One time I was at the K mart buying some 22 rim ammo I asked how much for a box, the lady picks up a brick and says 1.22, I said you sure , yes she says, I said since they are on sale give me 3, she did, and charged 1.22 per brick, must have been a clearence item.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#2]
What a great lady you have for bringing you to K-Mart at just the right time!  You should buy her a rake and a shovel too as a reward.  [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top