BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2002 10:56:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 11:04:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn dude, that sucks.

People suck.

The most humane thing to do would be put it down if it has displaysia (sp?).

BTW, go tho the AR'right board and read my post

Balming
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 11:07:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 11:08:07 AM EDT
[#3]
You really thought the lady was going to come back!!!

if the dog has hip problems,the only thing i would do would be to put her to sleep, once she gets where she cant walk.
can doctors do anything for hip displacia??
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 11:16:03 AM EDT
[#5]
It's ashame you can't "put down" people like that.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey Beer,

I'm a member of the Gulfstream Rottweiler Club here in Florida. Email me the particulars (details about how you got the dog, how to get in touch with you, etc. ) and I'll get in touch with our rescue folks. They'll contact the AL rescue - if any - and see if we can find her a home.

I have two rescue Rotties myself right now and frankly can't take a dog if it needs special care due to my job particulars.

Yeah, people suck. If you find the blue hair biddy, set her on fire for me, OK? Thanks.

[email protected]  
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:04:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, screw her hips up for us.

There must be a way that wouldn't require sex  [;D]

Edited to add: She probably got rid of her kids the same way
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:12:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Man, that sucks. I really admire you for taking in strays and giving them good homes.
Explain why people stop at your house to leave their animals.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 1:19:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Mike,

Not set up for IM, send email. Thanks.

Nick

[email protected]

EDIT - nevermind, figured out IM works. :)
Will contact.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 3:02:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
WTF is wrong with people? You bring dog in as a part of your family and then dump them when they have a problem? I'd hate to see what they will do if their kids need braces one day.

Fuck it, people suck. I'm moving out to the woods with my dogs. At least i can trust them.

mike
View Quote

I hear that.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#13]
The Lab I brought home last month that had been dumped is begining to realize he hit the lotto. He sleeps in a king size bed with the other lab and the wife and I. He eats better than most inner city lowlifes. Plays with toys(ever heard of a wiggly giggly?) and chews on rawhides, and pigs ears.
We are going to take him to the Purdue Vet school next month to see if he is a candidate for hip replacement. If he isnt a good candidate for surgery we will treat him like a little king for as long he is pain free and able to get around. This little guy is a rascal!!
People who dump animals should be beaten to death. If they are capable of treating pets that way then who knows what else they are willing to do.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:15:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Hell ya people suck! I definitely like my dogs more than 99% of people out there.

Glad you're there for those dogs Mike. Somebodies got to be.

I also live in a rural area, but luckily don't have nearly the problem with people dumping their dogs. Man, that would get old fast.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 5:37:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Geez, what a bitch. Good thing you stepped outside that moment, lol! Man, some people deserve to be shot...
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:06:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Unbelievable! Let us know what you end up doing
with your new family member.

Better the dog ended up with you than someone who deosn't give a rip.

You're right, people (some) suck!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#20]
The lab-mix we have right now was dumped when he was 4 or 5 weeks old.  The little guy only weighed 2 1/2 lbs.  He's been one of the best dogs we've ever had.  Smart, very well behaved and always eager to please.

The more I know people, the more I like my dog. (Don't know who said it first.)
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:56:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Your a good guy, Thanks for helping her out.

To hell with the bitch that was dumping the dog off.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#23]
forget about that woman; the dog ended up with someone who's going to do what's best for her [:)]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:40:13 AM EDT
[#25]
A bunch of assholes were throwing sticks at this little guy when we found him.  Now he's my best friend, and [b]extremely[/b] spoiled.

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Chimborazo%2F013%5F15%2EJPG[/img]

Also, my friend's shepherd (he was a stray too) was having some problems with one of his hips.  When they took him in for an x-ray, they saw he had been shot before she got him.

You know the saying..."The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."  So true.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#26]
You are a good guy.....The bitch who dropped her off, though, thats another story.  We have had some of these same problems in our neighborhood too.  We live in a nice subdivision in a primarily rural area, so we are good targets for any jerk that wants to take the easy way out of getting rid of a pet that they no longer want.  I usually end up like you taking them in till I can find a good place for them.  At least she ended up with you than just wandering and starving.  Even if you do have to put her down, it will at least be humane.  Good luck with her!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top