Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2012 10:53:16 AM EDT
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/09/kid-rock-introduces-gop-veep-candidate-paul-ryan-says-orry-obama-didnt-do/?intcmp=features

Kid Rock hasn't been shy about supporting Republican
presidential candidate Mitt Romney and running mate Paul Ryan, even if
it costs him some fans.

The made-in-Michigan rock musician and rapper introduced Ryan during a rally Monday night in the Detroit suburb of Rochester.

Born Robert Ritchie, Rock told the raucous crowd gathered at Oakland
University that he believes "you have to stand for something" even if it
may alienate a few fans.

Rock added that it was OK to disagree, particularly in a music business that he says "leans very left."

He quieted the crowd a bit when he shared his pride over the election
of Barack Obama as the first black president. But he quickly added he
was sorry Obama "didn't do a better job."

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
well cool I guess

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:58:55 AM EDT
[#2]
When you got money like Fort Knox, you can endorse whoever you want and not worry about backlash.

Good for him though, not letting the industry cow him into submission like so many others.

Local boy, and still pretty decently grounded too - I saw him at a Bed Bath and Beyond a few years back with a STUNNING blonde that turned out to be Kellie Pickler. I didn't bug them but hey, they do their own shopping for bath towels and the like.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I like Kidd Rock's music and he puts on a great concert. But I still fail to care how celebrities vote, since I do not let them influence me.

Well except Stacy Dash, but that is completely different.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#4]
If I'm not mistaken, Kid Rock is actually a pretty big investor in small business and has put up a lot of his money to support small business in the D. For example, I know he financed and developed  a micro-brewery among other things.

If this is the case.....not surprising he would like the R/R ticket

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Kid Rock love or hate'm lives a life that tries to embody all that America is.  Few that reach stardom maintain that sense of self and country.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:35:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:39:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like Kidd Rock's music and he puts on a great concert. But I still fail to care how celebrities vote, since I do not let them influence me.

Some people can be influenced quite a bit by celebrities, especially people who vote by emotion instead of logic, like women.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
His music still sucks.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank God with have that dumb, loud mouthed SOB, routing for us....
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:43:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
His music still sucks.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:45:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Awaiting an apology for years of terrible music...

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:48:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Some of Kid Rocks music is pretty damn good.  And his endorsement won't hurt one bit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Hank has been mentoring him for a while.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:56:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank God with have that dumb, loud mouthed SOB, routing for us....

Excellent grammar.

And I love Kid Rock.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Oprah is quiet this time around, for Obama ... Not that I think she'll ever vote for Romney, but, just saying.

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 11:58:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people can be influenced quite a bit by celebrities, especially people who vote by emotion instead of logic, like women.

Is boner an emotion?
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#18]
His comments will carry weight with those who LIKE his music. Probably doesn't matter much what his detractors think. His endorsement is a good thing, as a large portion of his fan base would probably never even think about giving the GOP consideration. Some of his "leg-humper" level fans may actually even vote for Mittens based on KR's words.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 12:11:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand what you are saying. But I don't understand that people can be so foolish, but we all know they are.

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

His music still sucks.  

His first album was awesome.  

Link Posted: 10/9/2012 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Well, this totally just made my mind up.....

But glad he is "on our side" as a few more votes won't hurt at all.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 12:28:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Some of the Hollywierd celebrities are smart enough and sober enough to know that public opinion may affect their profits. That some have defected over to Romney is a very good sign.
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Even Nicky Manaj said she's voting for Romney.  

Now talk about shitty "music"  
Link Posted: 10/9/2012 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I had never heard his music, until I saw him live at the big concert at the Harley-Davidson 100th anniversary.

He single-handedly saved that entire goat-screw. I was very impressed with how captivating and versatile he is as a performer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top