Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2002 1:33:29 PM EDT
Weapons Cache Found in New Haven House

Aug 2, 2002 5:08 pm US/Eastern
(1010 WINS)-(HARTFORD)-Police have found a supply of firearms in the home of a New Haven man.

Police say they seized 12 handguns, an Uzi and other assault weapons, two rocket launchers and 78 boxes of ammunition from the home of 31-year-old Dominic Simeone.

Also seized were four cases of 30-millimeter Army ordinance.

Police searched Simeone's home late Thursday because he had been served with a restraining order. People with restraining orders against them are not allowed to possess firearms.

Agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms are assisting the investigation.
View Quote

[url=http://1010wins.com/topstories/StoryFolder/story_222501311_html]Link[/url]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 1:46:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Restraining order from whom? A girlfriend, a neighbor, someone who doesn't like him and wants to see him lose his guns?

What an idiotic law.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 1:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Restraining order from whom? A girlfriend, a neighbor, someone who doesn't like him and wants to see him lose his guns?

What an idiotic law.
View Quote

Man, WTF is up with this ?? [shock]
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like it is time to start building the under ground bunker for our arsonals to keep them out of the hands of the gun grabbers of america.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone heard from oneshotonekill? Wasn't he from this town? My failing memory also seems to remember that his name was Dominic. I hope that I am very wrong about this...

Karl
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has anyone heard from oneshotonekill? Wasn't he from this town? My failing memory also seems to remember that his name was Dominic. I hope that I am very wrong about this...

Karl
View Quote

Oh Shit!!!!!!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I may be mistaken, but I believe oneshot's problem was with the New Rochelle PD in New York, not New haven Ct.
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Flashman,
I hope that you are right and that I am very wrong.

Karl

Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Flashman is correct. (IIRC [;)] [BD])
Link Posted: 8/2/2002 3:39:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 1:06:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 1:14:50 AM EDT
[#11]
And why can't these reporters at least learn english!!

I mean, it's one thing that they are so ignorant about guns that they refer to "semi-automatic revolvers" (as if there are some single shot revolvers out there). But there is a clear difference between O-R-D-[b]I[/b]-N-A-N-C-E and O-R-D-N-A-N-C-E!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 5:33:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Adam_White:  "
And why can't these reporters at least learn english!!

I mean, it's one thing that they are so ignorant about guns that they refer to "semi-automatic revolvers" (as if there are some single shot revolvers out there)."  

I _really_ doubt there are as many Webley-Fosberry or Mateba automatic revolvers in circulation as the nitwit press claims... [;D]
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 5:39:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What an idiotic law.
View Quote

Man, WTF is up with this ?? [shock]
View Quote

Are you kidding? He's referring to the Lautenberg Amendment to the Crime Bill. That's what the Emerson case was all about.
View Quote

Yes, that's the one. Bush & Ashcroft did not want the Supreme court to hear....
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:46:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top